Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would Bioware change a class story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Would Bioware change a class story?

JergDeathstriker
05.09.2012 , 06:55 PM | #1
I played the Sith Warrior story which was an awesome story. However i thought the Trooper story was lacking and i became disappointed to find a story i didn't like in this game. Would Bioware change a story in the game? i want to hear peoples opinion on if stories should be changed or not, or if Bioware plans to make more choices with ending results which is what i really want to see. What do you want to see?

What i think trooper story needs.
Spoiler

BlueSouthPike
05.09.2012 , 08:12 PM | #2
Well, to be totally fair....

Spoiler

In my opinion, the Trooper Story (what I've seen so far, I'm not done quite yet) is good, and my only real suggestion to change things would be...

Spoiler
The Ebon Hwak

The Sayid Legacy

Pubsam
05.09.2012 , 08:59 PM | #3
Well, with eight individual story lines going, there's going to naturally be some variance in quality. Trooper Act I was decent, but Act II boring until one cool mission at the end, and Act III for the most part was kind of... dumb.

But I don't see BW going back and changing the stories. All we can do is hope for the future!
Time for a nap.

Captain_Zone
05.10.2012 , 01:40 AM | #4
If they would change the Consular story so it isn't such a snooze fest, I would probably play it past Coruscant.

Oh, and have Nolan North re-record all the Male Consular's dialogue with the Nathan Drake voice and attitude.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Arodin
05.10.2012 , 10:19 PM | #5
"Artistic Integrity"

I think in order for a story to be changed in any way, it would have to be a total train wreck to a large majority of the fans (see: Mass Effect 3's ending). I haven't played Trooper yet (next one on my list), but I have heard some people say it's their favorite story. It might make some people happy if they changed it, but it would anger anyone who liked the story the way it was.

The story that I have seen ranked as the "worst" is the Jedi Consular -- I've been playing that one, and it's really not that bad. So I don't think there's reason for Bioware to change any stories.

Snakesoul
05.10.2012 , 10:42 PM | #6
I could see in the future changes could be done to the story line or added... More like added. They have said that they will be working on adding more to each class story and making them more longer ,adding more companions and some more improvements.

When is well that is the big question. I can see in the future them allowing you to switch out companions such as getting ride of someone you hate and replacing with a new companion to join the crew. Since well every Class so far has 1 companion you will hate and want to kick out the air lock either being annoying, a jerk or just not evil or good enough for you. Either way just have to wait when they start working on the stories again.

But I do agree the trooper story is nice, not finished yet either been stuck playing the Imperial Agent and wow the story is fun.

DeutschGamer
05.10.2012 , 10:54 PM | #7
They won't change it, authors don't change novels just so people can explore what if situations.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

ekimmak
05.11.2012 , 07:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakesoul View Post
When is well that is the big question. I can see in the future them allowing you to switch out companions such as getting ride of someone you hate and replacing with a new companion to join the crew. Since well every Class so far has 1 companion you will hate and want to kick out the air lock either being annoying, a jerk or just not evil or good enough for you.
Hang on, I'm pedantic, I have to think about if that's true.

JK: 2
JC: 1
SI: 1
SW: 3
IA: 2
BH: 1
Troop: 1
Smug: 0

We have a winner!
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Maaruin
05.11.2012 , 10:28 AM | #9
Let me guess who you want to throw out of the airlock:

Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
Hang on, I'm pedantic, I have to think about if that's true.

JK: 2 Rusk and... don't know
JC: 1 Tharan
SI: 1 Ashara
SW: 3 Broonmark, Quinn, Jaesa
IA: 2 Kaliyo, SCORPIO
BH: 1 Gault
Troop: 1 Tanno Vik
Smug: 0

We have a winner!
Are some of these right?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

VanorDM
05.11.2012 , 10:51 AM | #10
I kinda liked Rusk on my JK. Yes he had issues but I didn't dislike him. I even respected Scourge to a degree. I didn't agree with him but I didn't dislike him.

I also thought that Kaliyo was fine as well.