Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hackers, SWTOR welcomes you!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hackers, SWTOR welcomes you!

Konstantinov
05.09.2012 , 05:52 PM | #1
I am posting this thread because I actually enjoy this game. I wanna see it succeed. Right now my biggest issue is the plentiful variation of hacks in the game. About a half hour ago, on Alderaan, a player from the opposing faction sighted me a ways from my base. Luckily, I had some distance between myself and said player. Now, I barely made it to the area where the base is. He got to me (somehow, although I suppose it is possible to use terrain to your advantage, so the benefit of the doubt goes here) before I reached the friendly npcs. I managed to stay alive (he was the same class but 4 levels higher), and got to the npcs in time for him to be attacked. Now, I realize that Sentinel / Marauder classes have a cloak or vanish ability that lasts 4 seconds (at lvl 30). However, what I don't understand is how this player lived through the attacks from the lvl 50 elite droids (2 were aggrod), then vanished and did not reappear after 4 seconds. The vast expanse surrounding the base would have given him away in a heartbeat. At lvl 30, the droids should have been able to kill him in 2 or 3 shots.
This instance is also just the tip of the iceberg. There are players all over my server that will use different abilities over and over again, with no regard to a cooldown. In-combat sprint that also allows them to not be slowed. This happens mostly in warzones, which you would think are heavily logged server-side.
At the guild summit, Bioware acknowledged that they are aware of people hacking. My question is, when will they do something about it? They are letting people get away with it all the time, slap on the wrist after slap on the wrist. And when you do not discourage this kind of behavior, IMO, you are just encouraging it. It's shameful.
Konstantinov
The Durmanhoth Clan
Death comes for us all, if you're not DC it just comes sooner!

KingAlexlol
05.09.2012 , 06:06 PM | #2
Oh! Yay!

I finally have a home.

My first order of business shall be to redecorate.

These bland colors in your "fleet" are atrocious.

My second order of business shall be to enslave the local population with my 1337 hacks.

Don't worry. I shall be a merciful overlord.

JuJu
05.09.2012 , 06:07 PM | #3
It's pretty sad how many hacks are out there for this game and how easy it is to get around being reported. Many of these hax were reported in beta. I personally reported the speed and teleport hax in squadron 238 or 147 can't remember exactly and I have several friends that reported the resource pool hax around the same time. Here we are almost 5 full months after launch and they're still very prevalent and wide spread. PvP wise these are game breakers. I'm absolutely dumbfounded that they are still so easily accessable.
JuJu VooDoo
Ater Imperium Sign up

gabrielcab
05.09.2012 , 06:22 PM | #4
Paranoia is getting out of control, so many times baddies tells "oh! you killed me, you used hacks!" Kids, grow up, there is no hacks in this game, there is only lag and baddies that doesn't get why they get owned.

Konstantinov
05.09.2012 , 06:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
It's pretty sad how many hacks are out there for this game and how easy it is to get around being reported. Many of these hax were reported in beta. I personally reported the speed and teleport hax in squadron 238 or 147 can't remember exactly and I have several friends that reported the resource pool hax around the same time. Here we are almost 5 full months after launch and they're still very prevalent and wide spread. PvP wise these are game breakers. I'm absolutely dumbfounded that they are still so easily accessable.
The easy access is pretty believable. So many people are doing it, why not make it available to the masses? That Bioware has done nothing but "acknowledge" them, is pretty disheartening.
Konstantinov
The Durmanhoth Clan

Konstantinov
05.09.2012 , 06:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
Paranoia is getting out of control, so many times baddies tells "oh! you killed me, you used hacks!" Kids, grow up, there is no hacks in this game, there is only lag and baddies that doesn't get why they get owned.
lol! Shameful. I have no problem beating people that hack. The players lack skill. That they use it to give them an edge is pathetic. Lag is one thing. When people no-clip thru objects and attack someone when they clearly have no LOS is sad. Also, do you know how to read? You didn't read my post in it's entirety. Using an attack over and over again or "spamming" an attack that you can't normally use more than once in 15 seconds is clearly just lag right? So which hack do you use?
Konstantinov
The Durmanhoth Clan

ArysDayne
05.09.2012 , 06:28 PM | #7
Sentinel? 99% damage reduction from Guarded by the Force should be enough to survive some lvl 50 NPCs. And for the sudden disappearance: BG invite.
Nevak - Sage
Barristan - Guardian
Ethne - Scoundrel

Antipodes
05.09.2012 , 06:29 PM | #8
I've played 500+ games and I've yet to see hack. There's some annoying glitches in the netcode which make character seem jumpy (especially after stuns/roots), but that's just bad client/server code.

Funny thing is I watched a stream of an Imp guild on my server (Dara Mactire) and the scrubs were constantly whining about hacks when there clearly wasn't any.

So maybe I've just been lucky, or maybe there are a bunch of people just looking for excuses.

criminalheretic
05.09.2012 , 06:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ArysDayne View Post
Sentinel? 99% damage reduction from Guarded by the Force should be enough to survive some lvl 50 NPCs. And for the sudden disappearance: BG invite.
Really we managed to turn this into another nerf Sents post?

vimm
05.09.2012 , 06:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Konstantinov View Post
I am posting this thread because I actually enjoy this game. I wanna see it succeed. Right now my biggest issue is the plentiful variation of hacks in the game. About a half hour ago, on Alderaan, a player from the opposing faction sighted me a ways from my base. Luckily, I had some distance between myself and said player. Now, I barely made it to the area where the base is. He got to me (somehow, although I suppose it is possible to use terrain to your advantage, so the benefit of the doubt goes here) before I reached the friendly npcs. I managed to stay alive (he was the same class but 4 levels higher), and got to the npcs in time for him to be attacked. Now, I realize that Sentinel / Marauder classes have a cloak or vanish ability that lasts 4 seconds (at lvl 30). However, what I don't understand is how this player lived through the attacks from the lvl 50 elite droids (2 were aggrod), then vanished and did not reappear after 4 seconds. The vast expanse surrounding the base would have given him away in a heartbeat. At lvl 30, the droids should have been able to kill him in 2 or 3 shots.
This instance is also just the tip of the iceberg. There are players all over my server that will use different abilities over and over again, with no regard to a cooldown. In-combat sprint that also allows them to not be slowed. This happens mostly in warzones, which you would think are heavily logged server-side.
At the guild summit, Bioware acknowledged that they are aware of people hacking. My question is, when will they do something about it? They are letting people get away with it all the time, slap on the wrist after slap on the wrist. And when you do not discourage this kind of behavior, IMO, you are just encouraging it. It's shameful.
So, he tanked NPC's with Undying Rage, then took a warzone invite. What a hacker.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative