Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is Codex Entry and how you use it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What is Codex Entry and how you use it?

rvauco
05.09.2012 , 04:11 PM | #1
I've realized I'm discovering "Codex Entries" all the time like: Codex Entry: Padawan
what is it? it sounds like information and if so, where do I see it?

Thank youuuu

mathisk
05.09.2012 , 04:16 PM | #2
Yep. The codex is extra information to fill out the lore of SWTOR. You can find the codex by bringing up your quest log and then selecting the CODEX tab at the bottom of the dialog.

rvauco
05.09.2012 , 04:20 PM | #3
Thank you Math

Ellvaan
05.10.2012 , 02:51 AM | #4
Greetings rvauco!

You can find more information on the Codex in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ in our online Game Manual. Specifically related to this question:

Quote:
Codex

To open the Codex, press L and click the Codex tab. The Codex lists all the information you have gathered on various subjects within the galaxy. You obtain a Codex entry automatically through exploration and discovery. Each Codex entry is organized into sections (Location, Species, Organizations, etc.), and each section has a progress bar and tally to indicate the amount of data available and how much data you have collected on a particular subject.

In order to see your progress and browse the codex entries, select that planet's entry. Each planet entry displays a breakdown of what information has been found on that planet. This breakdown can be maximized and minimized. Select OVERVIEW to compare progress against all planets.
We hope this helps!

funkiestj
05.10.2012 , 11:52 AM | #5
Many of the codex entries are back story that add depth and color to the game rather than provide critical game play info.

I like to read all the codex entries as they are discovered. It is a lot easier to click on the "open" button of the "new codex entry" notification than it is to sift through the codex manually.

TANGENT: codex feature idea -- provide a codex view that sorts ALL entries by discovery order. Sometimes a blow past a few codex entries because I am focused on a goal but I want to read them later. Being able to easily see which are the last <n> entries would be nice.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?