Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sorcerer or Assassin?

arkzehhh
05.17.2012 , 09:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SuspectDown View Post
I have a 50 sentinel and would like a ranged sorc, but every time I do PVP those 'light armor' assassins just kill me. Their survivability is nuts. Sorc's on the other hand are squishy .
Lol lvl 50sentinel saying another classes survivability is nuts....TROLOLOL, next you'll be saying there damage is nuts.... OH WAIT.

Anyway, Assasin's > Sorc.

SuspectDown
05.17.2012 , 05:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by arkzehhh View Post
Lol lvl 50sentinel saying another classes survivability is nuts....TROLOLOL, next you'll be saying there damage is nuts.... OH WAIT.

Anyway, Assasin's > Sorc.
Not sure if I am supposed to take this at face value....

Anyways, already chose Sorc and having a good time. I think I needed a ranged class to compliment my sent.

javerys
05.20.2012 , 04:11 PM | #23
Honestly, like a lot of people said, it just depends on your tactical preference. I picked sorc because i knew that khem was an awesome tank and would make PvE much easier. But if you concentrate on the madness tree, you become such a versatile fighter.
yes, sorcs are "squishy" but that's the challenge, you just have to be able to know what powers to use when. When to go all out offensive, how to create distance between you and melee based opponents, and even if you're in an intense 1on1 battle, you can always just cast whirlwind, heal yourself/wait for your force to recharge, and start the battle over. I've survived countless battlezones and epic boss battles just from casting whirlwind, healing me (and my companion if applicable), then starting the battle over like i wasn't about to just get my *** kicked. haha
But that's just me, i enjoy the challenge and amount of strategy that goes into successfully using a sorc in battle.

Macabakur
05.21.2012 , 09:51 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Faizal View Post
hmmmm... yea, Republic suck btw.
I have 2 50 and one 46 Pub.

I also have an almost 45 sorc

Both sides are pretty much equally fun, it's two different stories, and there's good reason to play both.

As for me as I said, leveling a sorc as we speak and it's super fun, try both, assassin/shadow tanks rock too, as many have said.
Ghael:50 Sentinel
Aurona:55Gunslinger
Alynthia: 50 Commando
Zang:50 Sith Sorcerer

StaticJoe
05.25.2012 , 06:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Panteleone View Post
Ranged (Sorcerer) with option to heal or Melee (Assassin) with option to tank is your choice. Go with what you think is more your playstyle. I went Sorcerer because I find force lightning to be so much fun that it should be illegal, but that's me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
You should go with Sorceror, because you will get long range spell casting.
I rolled both, first a Deception Assassin then a Lightning Sorc and the Sorc is truly hellafun to play--you're blasting an enemy with lightning attacks while Khem is going to work with his blade...as Panteleone stated, so much fun it oughta be illegal. I'm still on Dromund Kaas and am definitely going to try to solo that H4 after I finish up everything else--the Mando and Sithspawn Heroics were meh, they were okay and I may do one of them if I'm close to dinging a level before the H4...again taking down that Sithspawn creature would be fun...
I swear on my medical license! The real one!

--Doctor Ryamn

Targarion
05.30.2012 , 01:15 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordeguy View Post
Don't listen to this post. Sorc DPS is fine, especially compared to assassin. And sorc healing is still great, they will always have a place healing.

Probably tankassins, they essentially turn their light armor into heavy. Combined with their cooldowns and multiple ways to escape they are the hardest class to kill.
Ok here is the deal. A sorc is harder to master than an assasin. Sorry guys it's true, BUT they are deadly MF when played by a skilled player. I have a level 50 sage and a level 50 assasin. I would rather bring my sage to a pvp fight then an assasin. Here is why.

You will here mauraders and juggs boast "Oh yah I can kill an sorc/sage very easy". Yeah you can if that sorc was dumb enough to let the maurader to wave his crazy batons at him.

When a maurader tries to jump me the first thing I do is interrupt his next move. Then I push him away and I make a run for it (yes I can out run him), until he gets out of range, then I slow the guy down tell he can only walk an inc at a time, AND THEN, I open up on him. You can get out a strong burst and follow up with a dps sustain attack.

By the time his force leap cool down is ready to activate, I would have drained 25% of his health. Assuming no on else will aid his hopeless cause, I will do it to him all over again.

The point is, if you played a malee character already then why not play a sorc?

Quantemoq
05.31.2012 , 06:51 AM | #27
speaking in terms of pvp.

assasin as tank (the other two specs are more or less crap) is extremely powerfull in almost all WZs and all situations (probably on tie with the anni marauder but seems to be easier to play)

sorc dps has almost no real use in wz (of course there will be some super geared/skilled playes that can make it work, but the majority is currently cannon fodder)

sorc healers are a two sided blade. while being very squishy and easy to take down, they can put out the probably highest healing (aoe) if properly guarded and defended.

SlaveWon
06.01.2012 , 03:44 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Quantemoq View Post

sorc dps has almost no real use in wz (of course there will be some super geared/skilled playes that can make it work, but the majority is currently cannon fodder)
Why do you say this? I'm only level 33 and consider myself a PvP newbie but am consistently in the Top 2 for DPS output and often manage 100k healing alongside it.

Quantemoq
06.02.2012 , 05:20 AM | #29
if one would concider 1-49 pvp, marauders and sentinels would need a big buff and arsenal mercs/commandos would still be a valid option.
of course i am talking about 50 pvp.

sorc dps is not super bad as merc dps, but still sub par to the other options

NoTomorrow
06.02.2012 , 09:29 AM | #30
Go asaassin, it has the most iwin abilities in this game