Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alcek
07.10.2012 , 06:12 PM | #71
Also, explain to me, how a char can get up from 3% HP, to full, in 1 second, with just 1 healer around. Even with wz medpac, and crit heal for insane amount, he cannot go from 600 hp to 20 000 in 1 global.
It was a powertech that did this.
"If you make the string too tight, it will break. If you make the string too loose, it will not play."
Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha
STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION

FourTwent
07.10.2012 , 07:26 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Actually, this happened to me.

I was chasing the ball carrier, nearly had him down but was getting smashed myself by his friends. I popped a parting Vital Shot off for a dot and then Disappearing Act to go into stealth and get out of there.

I think what happened next was that my dot killed the ball carrier almost exactly - probably just after - I stealthed out and as I dropped off the walkway where all the AOE was. Because suddenly the ball came to me and I was still in stealth.

Which was a cool little bug for me, as I scarpered towards the enemy endzone with ball and in stealth.

Wasn't a hack by me, but a bug. Maybe you saw the same thing happen.
i imagine this happens more times than actual malicious cheating and hacking does

Sildanar
07.10.2012 , 07:50 PM | #73
I have most certainly seen a hack.
It was in Huttball, 10-49 bracket prior to 1.3.

A character picked up the ball way before anyone else and then ran with the ball three times around the defenders entire area in under 12 seconds...rubbing it in our face before scoring.
by entire area, I mean he ran to the right side full health point, down though the bottom pit to the left health point then back to mid THREE times in about 12 seconds then decided to score.
Yes Twelve seconds... he was a blur.
No Im not kidding this actually happened and of course basically everyone stopped playing and started putting in tickets or screaming about it in Ops chat.

Not only did this idiot have a hack he was stupid enough to use it so blatantly.

A day later it happened again this time with a Rep player on my team.
We challanged him about it amoungst a healthy dose of abuse, and he replied "cheating is encouraged in Huttball.."
What a fool.
Speed hacks most certainly exist, these where incredibly obvious.

Dmg hacks are another point but I dont have proof of this personally.
however in 50 bracket Novare coast yesterday, a guy on my team claimed to have been hit for 19.5 single hits twice by the same guy in one match.
The scoreboard at the end showed nothing, but appparently his personal dmg log showing who killed you and with what and for how much showed both hits...
A screen shot was taken and a ticket put in..
Like I said I have no direct proof, but the guy was adamant and checked his log 6 times because he could not believe what he was seeing.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Evil_Santa
07.11.2012 , 07:22 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
That is just you being a noob.

Since he is the attacker, as soon as the previous doors dropped, he was killed. Since the doors are now down, he spawns AHEAD OF YOU in the final room, jumped down, and started planting. Some players even seek death as soon as they see their team has planted a bomb, and then just hold off on pressing the "Release" button until the door drops for a free teleport ahead of you.

Oops, I just gave away my secret strategy.
How odd - i've tried doing precisely what you're suggesting and i was respawned at the previous objective's respawn UNTIL players had moved past the location of the new respawn.
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

TorenOneSevenOne
07.11.2012 , 07:52 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkara View Post
Just this morning in huttball a player cloaked with the ball and did not drop it.

The hackers/cheaters are ruining pvp.
I have actually had this happen to me. I used force camo just as a team mate was passing the ball to me, I was invisible for the duration of camo while still carrying the ball. I'd label this as bug.

lexiekaboom
07.11.2012 , 11:45 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post
How odd - i've tried doing precisely what you're suggesting and i was respawned at the previous objective's respawn UNTIL players had moved past the location of the new respawn.
You have to die physically past the door, but other then that it should work. I do this all the time, it's a great way to steamroll a match. Piss someone off in the first round and make them kill you right after the bomb blows. A lot of the time I can place the next 2 bomb before anyone catches up, as long as my team isn't killing people.

PicthShemet
07.11.2012 , 11:48 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post

Negative, ghostrider.
Bronopoly
The Gray Order

Rompdomp
07.11.2012 , 12:08 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by alcek View Post
Also, explain to me, how a char can get up from 3% HP, to full, in 1 second, with just 1 healer around. Even with wz medpac, and crit heal for insane amount, he cannot go from 600 hp to 20 000 in 1 global.
It was a powertech that did this.
if it was before 1.3 the healer prob poped a relic and an adrenal and was in the process of casting on the guy before he was at 3% (while he was still dropping) and at the same time he pops his 15 percent heal ( he was a powertech) and a wz medpac throw in lag and the possibility the guy had some sort of hots rolling on him and this might explain things. You can't claim cheats from this unless you got more proof. I'd say 90 % of all cheat claims are the result of lag (client and server side), bugs/glitches, and misunderstandings of abilities, resolve, and ability synergy. The other 10 percent are prob legit, you can't deny there is a bit of cheating going on but it doesn't seem too rampant.

alcek
07.11.2012 , 06:19 PM | #79
@Rompdomp
With this explanation, it may be the case. But it wasn't pre 1.3, it happened the other day.
The lag is so bad in certain wz's, it feels like some guys sometimes cause it. All goes normal, green bars on the lag meter, but it takes 3 s to activate anything, and looks as if the enemy does unseen feats.
Whatever it is, hacks or server desinc, they better fix it fast. Most people i know just stop playing when the Lag King rules.
"If you make the string too tight, it will break. If you make the string too loose, it will not play."
Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha
STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION

VLAHD
07.11.2012 , 07:05 PM | #80
Quote:
Do any of the people QQing know what HACKING is?

Hint: it's not typing fast and making helicopters blow up, and it doesn't involve a 3D holo-graphic interface

You are confused. I can't say this enough. ALMOST. NO. ONE. IS. HACKING. PVP and the classes in general are just so broken you are seeing hacks where there are none. For example;

A powertech / Vanguard can be immune to root / snare / knockback with a little help for a complete war zone.
With the right combinations of buffs you can run at 300% speed for up to 9 seconds.
All knights and warriors can instantly fill their resolve bar without getting stunned.
A sentinel or marauder can exploit resolve and one ability to be immune to stun for 15+ seconds.
By leaping to a target and being pulled at the same time you can make yourself untargetable for long periods of time, or warp around the map
You can use the map to become immune to AOE damage in a number of ways
You can use the map to become untargetable in a number of ways
You can use any knock down ability in a way that makes it impossible to get up before the animation starts, effectively increasing the duration by 3-4 seconds.
Various other "animation lock" abilities can be used to increase the length of stuns to the point where you will have no resolve by the time they are finished, leading to chain stuns where it shouldn't be possible

These are exploits and NOT HACKING. And even then, 99% of all the QQ isn't even exploits and comes from a simple fact you NEED to understand before PVPing in SW:TOR

ALMOST EVERY CLASS HAS AT LEAST ONE ABILITY THAT IS BROKEN AND CRAZY OP IS USED CORRECTLY. On top of that, classes like Sent / Vaungard / and sumgs have the ability to do things that are so stupidly over powered (like stand there not taking damage for crazy amounts of time or killing you almost instantly) that people ASSUME THEY ARE HACKS when they are, in fact, just results of the way Bioware has designed the PVP game.

Last night playing voidstar a sage on my team tried to get everyone to report an operatives for hacking because he dropped out of stealth and killed him in 3 hits while he was stunned. THAT'S NOT A HACK, it's what operatives do. I've seen shadows reported for hacking in huttball because they ran the ball from start to finish using a SPEED HACK (force sprint) and a RESOLVE HACK which made them immune to stuns and root (resilience). Learn how broken the game is before crying hack.
Couldnt have said it better myself...I used to be the guy screaming hacks...since then, i sucked it up and shared accounts with friends...I have pvped most classes and saw first hand how many expoits are really running out there. What i thought were hacks were well played exploits. Hacks do exsist, ive seen a sorc fly from one end to the other in hutball, but what most people are calling hacks are really exploits.

That being said, why arent the expliots being fixed? Using a death exploit to your advantage, or camoing as the hutball is being thrown to you violates the EULA. And yes, using a skill other than the way its intended is an exploit and should be treated as a bannable offence. Those examples are easy and the people talking about them or bragging about using them are idiots. These types of exploits will get fixed...just like the force speeding across voidstarr gaps, or harpooning enemies up on the ledge in hutball and killing them.

The real question is, did BW intend for specific classes to be able to run for +300%, or be almost unkillable with cooldowns and hots running, or be immune to stun for long periods? These are the grey areas of exploits that get confusing. If BW would just come out and say if things are working as intended or not, things would smooth out.The simple fact that most of these individual skills are still running in the game...This tells me they dont care about them.

That leaves you with 3 simple choices....
1. quit playing swtor
2. stop pvping
3. deal with it...learn how different classes work. While some classes have strong abilities, they also have weaknesses.

(ex. I play a sawbones and normally team up with a solid vanguard. Normally we are almost unstoppable and regularly get accused of hacking (we dont). 2 days ago, we got owned. The duo we came up against didnt try to kill me, but instead kept me pulled/pushed/rooted and line-of-sighted from the vang. It was such a great strat, i logged over to my emp and congradulated them...it was the best pvp i had seen in a while).
Vlahd
If you see me running, you had better catch up !!!