Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moonglum
07.10.2012 , 09:36 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by tordo View Post
At this point I think it is just handing out speeding tickets at the indy 500. Bioware remains clueless on most activities including how to write, test and compile workable code.

So far the imbalances are glaring proof of incompetency of any sort of game implementation. Most of us that are still here are somewhat forced due to not getting a full refund for time not used. I been asking for the balance remaining since 1.2 released and finally when my time is up it will be a sweet released for this implemented epic phail.

Most people's bets are the fact when this thing becomes free to play and considering most of the failures here I would consider making the game open source. The hackers might have more luck at repairing things then the current paid for game developers that exists here. Considering they could barely write an acceptable ending for Mass Effect 3 how do you think future progress on this game will help?

-Tordo
I'm quite enjoying the PvP and the PvE in this game. The graphics aren't enormously impressive, but the atmosphere, sound effects, sound track, and FPs and story lines more than make up for any shortcomings in my view.

I dunno -- if it bothered me THAT much, I'd just leave. Just sayin' ...
Sārumān (55 Sorc) :: Xerus (55 Jug) :: Gozerian (55 Merc) :: Seutonius (55 Op) :: Dartagnan (55 Gunslinger) ... and 12 others <50

Moonglum
07.10.2012 , 09:37 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
Like players who think only cheaters can beat them.
Too true! Arrogance is good, but only if you're as good as you think you are.
Sārumān (55 Sorc) :: Xerus (55 Jug) :: Gozerian (55 Merc) :: Seutonius (55 Op) :: Dartagnan (55 Gunslinger) ... and 12 others <50

Moonglum
07.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
Why anyone would feel they have to cheat in this game is beyond me. I've played since day one of early access and I have seen a few things, hiding in the place the ball spawns in huttball and not being targetable is the most common one I have seen but it's the same player doing it on my server and they are so bad it's hilarious.

I've play in a rated team that gets accused of hacking though, I think it is very rare that people hack and most occasions it's just players making excuses for losing to better skilled and geared opponents, or they don't understand class buffs/mechanics.
Hear-hear! <bangs empty tankard on the table enthusiastically!>

Moonglum
07.10.2012 , 09:51 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Good luck with that. Everyone cheats all the time, except when someone else is recording them. Then all of a sudden, they somehow know they are being observed and behave normal. Quantum cheaing.
Wow, really? No ... seriously. Really? Everyone? All the time? Wow. That's terrible. Shame on everyone!

SinnedWill
07.10.2012 , 10:33 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Moonglum View Post
Wow, really? No ... seriously. Really? Everyone? All the time? Wow. That's terrible. Shame on everyone!
^^ - or maybe my predation (or as people such as the guy you quoted call it: speed-hacking) simply wore off? But don't worry, once I regain my 30 stacks of fury (or my frenzy cooldown timer wears off), I'll pop it again, so he can keep that camera rolling! =p
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.

Mournblood
07.10.2012 , 11:00 AM | #36
Getting back on topic, I recently discovered players using a new exploit/cheat where they are somehow able to shoot through the force fields in VS (after the 2nd doors) from the opposite side before they are actually brought down. We had killed everyone on the opposing team and they were respawning on the other side of the force field, but somehow some of them were able to shoot us through it and prevent us from lowering the shields.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm 99% sure it's an exploit, and reportable as such, but I have no idea how they are doing it.

Pistols
07.10.2012 , 11:01 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkara View Post
Just this morning in huttball a player cloaked with the ball and did not drop it.

The hackers/cheaters are ruining pvp.
Did not happen.

Pistols
07.10.2012 , 11:03 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Dnepr View Post
I had never seen anything that I thought was guaranteed cheating until yesterday. We were playing a Voidstar match and the opposing team was able to plant the bomb on the second set of doors before either of the bridges had dropped.
It is possible for someone on the other team to get across without the bridges down, and no, it's not a hack/exploit by doing so.

AllisonBerryman
07.10.2012 , 11:31 AM | #39 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by akcac View Post
if they want the players to report these cheats then they should change the reporting method so you dont get kicked from your wz every time you try to ticket some cheat.
Are you referring to the time it takes to report during a Warzone (presumably while in the spawn area)? If there is another issue causing your removal while reporting, please let us know.

We definitely want people reporting players they suspect are using any kind of cheat. Security is extremely important to us, and while we (obviously) can't go into details about our methods, shutting down any cheaters or hackers (and their methods) is something we take very seriously.

funkiestj
07.10.2012 , 11:48 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Are you referring to the time it takes to report during a Warzone (presumably while in the spawn area)? If there is another issue causing your removal while reporting, please let us know.

We definitely want people reporting players they suspect are using any kind of cheat. Security is extremely important to us, and while we (obviously) can't go into details about our methods, shutting down any cheaters or hackers (and their methods) is something we take very seriously.
If you really want us to report give us an optimized mechanism. E.g. come up with some hotkeys we can use in WZ that will collect some information, then after the WZ is over we can finish the report.

Example: I think player X is cheating in some way. I target player X and hit the "cheater?" key. At this point, there is a wealth of things BW can do. At the very least, you can remember the toon name so when I fill out the report after WZ.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?