Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sock_Bramson's Avatar


Sock_Bramson
10.05.2012 , 02:59 PM | #171
If you wanna be really stylish, wear some Rare-wear, aka a red tie and a gorilla suit; accessorize with bananas.

edit: This post will make no sense unless you go to the end of page 17. Even then, it will only make marginal sense.
-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

tehrealdealz's Avatar


tehrealdealz
10.05.2012 , 03:15 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Biowear
bahahhaa!

Hey can I get me some of that Biowear?

Sock_Bramson's Avatar


Sock_Bramson
10.05.2012 , 05:36 PM | #173
What's more stylish: hard-wear or soft-wear? I just can't choose!
-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

Devilk's Avatar


Devilk
10.05.2012 , 06:05 PM | #174
Haven't seen a speedhacker in a long time. Though I have no idea what is attributed to hacking or just plain garbage coding, in Huttball people still drop through the catwalks into the pit, and my force leap puts me down there with them, they shake a little and then they are back on the upper catwalk, if they were never down there, why did my leap put me there with them? Hmmm...I guess my post is just full of random gibberish and my own thoughts typed out. lol ignore.

jprife's Avatar


jprife
10.05.2012 , 06:46 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Devilk View Post
Haven't seen a speedhacker in a long time. Though I have no idea what is attributed to hacking or just plain garbage coding, in Huttball people still drop through the catwalks into the pit, and my force leap puts me down there with them, they shake a little and then they are back on the upper catwalk, if they were never down there, why did my leap put me there with them? Hmmm...I guess my post is just full of random gibberish and my own thoughts typed out. lol ignore.
I just saw a couple of them a few minutes ago, in two separate matches (one in Huttball and the other in NC). They were moving incredibly fast the entire time, and had the tell-tale shimmer/blinking toon phenomena. I couldn't even target them. Very frustrating, and so I just gave up to check the forums. The devs really need to do something about this, or else more people will eventually leave PVP and the game altogether.

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
10.05.2012 , 07:30 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by kamikrazy View Post
In that case, your argument is just as faulty. So because YOU haven't seen someone cheat/hack/exploit means that no one has ever done so?
I've probably done over 2000 warzones without seeing hacking. That makes me think it's pretty rare. I definitely don't think it's rife. If it was I'd have seen it. It isn't. I have seen the occasional bug, and experienced them myself (i.e. stealthed with ball in huttball - not something I engineered, just happened once).

Quote: Originally Posted by kamikrazy View Post
Right.. because you're the authority on these sorts of things. Maybe if your font color was yellow or whatever the BW posts are, then you'd have some authority.
But hey, you don't have to believe me. Just go on youtube and look for yourself, there are plenty of examples of people using hacks in PvP, and plenty of instances where players have gotten banned for using said exploits/hacks.
There are plenty of people who will claim they can sell you hacks, because they want stupid people's money, and there are some vids dated back in Jan/early Feb latest (after which Bioware fixed the speedhack). Google results aren't evidence for heaven's sake. I notice you didn't say you had any videos of this widespread hacking yourself. Because that would be interesting.

If you don't, you're simply parroting baseless rumours, and I call it that because my own extensive experience tells me otherwise.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
10.05.2012 , 07:50 PM | #177
the reason im so cynical abouyt speed hacking is cause ive been called hacks on plenty of occasions when its clearly me just using in game skills and mechanics,

Example 1: huttball, Carnage spec marauder, ball carrier had 30 stacks of fury up as well as skill to immediately give 30 stacks of fury off cd,

what happene
d: Popped predation at our end zone pit, leapt to guy near middle, covered 50m in a time of 4 seconds, popped predation as first one ran out was near last fire pit to score line, leapt to guy coming out of spawn

What happened after game
: had 3 people log on their imperial toons to tell me that what a sad player i was for hacking and they were reporting me for speed /teleport hacks

Example 2: No reaction speed hack, again on carnage spec marauder:

Skill Name berserk
: consumes 30 stacks of fury to grant 6 charges of berserk that reduces GCD of Slash and Massacre by 0.5 seconds

What happened:
Killed a healer sorc in 5 seconds flat , combination of Gore(off GCD) and 5 massacres

What happened afrter game: Had him rant in fleet about how i was using no GCD hacks as my toon was attacking too fast to seem natural

Example 3: Happend to a guilde who runs a Vengance juggernaught.

Skill name: unstoppable : grants 100% cc immunity for 4 seconds after force leap

What happened
:
Ball carrier in huttball leaps to guy at their end zone, 2 shadows and one vanguard try and pull him off, doesn't work cause he has said buff up

What happened after: people log on their imp chars and proceed to call my guild a hacking guild because we are now using un CCable hacks


Example 4 : playing with a sorc friend of mine, again in huttball, about to score but get pulled into fire pit, sorc friend immediately life grips me away.

What happened aftrer: Teleport hacks man, i am apparently using it


So forgive me if i dont believe any of the posts in this thread.

PLEASE NOTE: for all the examples i was using vent voice chat to get key information thru , as in: "O**** IM IN THE FIRE. *********** LIFE GRIP ME BRO", would be an accurate reconstruction of said conversation.

earthtoearl's Avatar


earthtoearl
10.06.2012 , 01:41 AM | #178
This week, over several late nights a Imp guild was running premades. In one of the matches they had a team total of ONE death. Even in other matches players would get 30 to 60 kills and no deaths or maybe one. 3 or 4 enemies attacking just one, with no healer around, and could not take one down; repeated self heals while in battle. Their speed hacking was obvious but how they would not take damage, almost like god mode, was suspicious.

I normaly love PVP but the way it has been going I am starting to look at other games that are more balanced.

In any case PVP as it is can not be balanced when you have PUG groups with low gear facing premade guilds with top gear. Throw in a little cheating here and there and it becomes hard to have fun.

TheBigGregski's Avatar


TheBigGregski
10.06.2012 , 03:08 AM | #179
Something reaaaaaly weird happened yesterday in a huttball : on two different occasion the ball carrier in our team was killed in the middle of the Pit, followed by an INSTA-SCORE for the opposing team. I mean, not a few seconds later, as a really good team could do with coordination, but just right after the kill. Can't be sure it's a teleport hack, or simply a creative new bug, though. Anyone ever witnessed that kind of weirdness ?

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
10.06.2012 , 03:49 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by earthtoearl View Post
In one of the matches they had a team total of ONE death.
Not really evidence of anything other than being massively outplayed. I've been beaten - and won - with ZERO deaths in randoms, without cheating, just because one team was so much better than the other. Being experienced, organised and good makes you that much better than a gang of fresh-50, undergeared newbies.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigGregski View Post
Something reaaaaaly weird happened yesterday in a huttball : on two different occasion the ball carrier in our team was killed in the middle of the Pit, followed by an INSTA-SCORE for the opposing team.
Wasn't there so hard to say. I've killed people in the pit miles from me while I stand in the endzone before - followed by me scoring a second later. Dots are fun for killing people unexpectedly. Basically, if you're getting damaged in your pit, get rid of the damn ball immediately and don't risk an enemy in a scoring position getting it when he kills you. Aside: a lot of people seem to think they need to walk the ball out of their endzone/pit when just spiking it to reset in the middle is easily better. I've spiked it, zoomed to mid (yes, there should have been people there, there weren't, it was that kind of game), and picked it up ahead of everyone else fighting behind to score before.

I've also seen a bug reported where a player scores as soon as he receives the ball - could have happened if a player with this bug got the ball when he killed your guy.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)