Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mournblood
07.24.2012 , 05:57 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
Actually, it is a hack. Look closely next time before you comment. only one player is moving faster then they should. It is not an exploit
You should take your own advice. My response was to the guy who was commenting about using AE abilities to hit players on the other side of the force fields in VoidStar as a clever use of game mechanics. It's not related to that YouTube video of the player who was speed hacking in Huttball.

trakmiro
08.04.2012 , 02:32 AM | #152
I'm a relative newb so I'm not always sure when I see something strange that it's cheating or a bug or some event I just don't understand or know about. But I frequently see players just vanish when they get in trouble during PvP and no kill is credited. I 've wondered if they were teleporting away.
The other day while playing Huttball I saw a player *in the Pit* before the game had started. Talk about being too obvious.

Altheran
08.04.2012 , 04:14 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by trakmiro View Post
The other day while playing Huttball I saw a player *in the Pit* before the game had started. Talk about being too obvious.
Currently, there is a bug that make people appear in the middle of the Pit when they're joining the Warzone. (Before to be set back in the sort of Locker-room behind the respawn)

Twin
08.04.2012 , 04:34 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
My shadow is kinetic and level 47. Do you play on The Bastion? I'd be careful about paranoia.

It's an unfair tactic and should be fixed (like jumping over the gap in VS, which was fixed), but they are just using what's available to them. Exploits are more serious than that, like planting from inside the wall or abusing the old Voidstar ramp. Where something is clearly going wrong. Placing an AoE doesn't qualify on that level.

Edit: Nice try editing out your accusation.
From Wiki: An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers

So yes, i thinik it would be considered an exploit unless you mean to tell me that the devs intended that kind of usage...
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

Banke
08.04.2012 , 08:33 AM | #155
Its easy to see if hack is going on,but not allwayse easy to se who hacks. An eksampel in huttball. After 12 minnuts of play there where no goals on either side. Suddenley the other side score 5 goals in 1 minnut an win the game. I dident see who hacked ore how but i am pretty shure there was foul play. If there where so good then would have scored all the time. Its a hack when you a attack a player and the still can run but you can only walk, because we cant run if attacked ore under attack, and i dont talk about speed buff just normal running.

JediDuckling
08.04.2012 , 09:22 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by akcac View Post
well the title says it all when is biowear going to stop this from going on ?and if they want the players to report these cheats then they should change the reporting method so you dont get kicked from your wz every time you try to ticket some cheat.
there is only about 5% of swtors comunity that hack about 30% that abuse bugs/exploits the rest are just flavor of the month abusers that just use overpowerd class's/specs to get a better advantage or because they are bad and want it easy mode.

this is true btw.

reyvinnyte
08.04.2012 , 11:41 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
That is just you being a noob.

Since he is the attacker, as soon as the previous doors dropped, he was killed. Since the doors are now down, he spawns AHEAD OF YOU in the final room, jumped down, and started planting. Some players even seek death as soon as they see their team has planted a bomb, and then just hold off on pressing the "Release" button until the door drops for a free teleport ahead of you.

Oops, I just gave away my secret strategy.
Explain this one then... VS. Attackers *just* drop first door. Charging down to prevent Attackers from dropping shields, bridge, second door. Start attacking mobs, get report from WZ NPC that attackers have just downloaded the intel, WZ over.

Sock_Bramson
08.04.2012 , 03:32 PM | #158
Well Rev, if it was the second round and they got the first door quicker than you, then the game ends with the "attackers got the data" sound bite.

7 months, 2 servers later, I still haven't seen any hacks. I'm not saying they're not out there, but all the videos I've seen are from the first months of the game. It seems to me that BW is, in fact, doing something about cheaters when they are reported, considering that the amount of "hacks" posts is much lower these days. The ones that do pop up are filled with people mistaking actual abilities or known bugs. (most of the old posts were the same, but for arguments sake let's talk about the current situation)

Report if you feel like there's shenanigans afoot, but please do some research/ dig through the combat log before you fly off the handle. If they are actually cheating, BW does ban them; just don't be surprised when your told (for example) that Predation is not "speed hacking." (etc etc)

-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

Rob_of_Korriban
10.04.2012 , 10:00 PM | #159
I have to admit, recently I've started having suspicions about bots. In a couple of games especially involving the 3 turrets, not novare coast the other one.

There were a couple of players together which seemed to just not have ping whatsoever. The reaction time just wasn't human.

Naturally I don't like to lose. And I'm pretty sure I know the difference between a professional and an automatic response system.

darthnish
10.04.2012 , 10:07 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Rob_of_Korriban View Post
I have to admit, recently I've started having suspicions about bots. In a couple of games especially involving the 3 turrets, not novare coast the other one.

There were a couple of players together which seemed to just not have ping whatsoever. The reaction time just wasn't human.

Naturally I don't like to lose. And I'm pretty sure I know the difference between a professional and an automatic response system.
/facepalm you need to realize that people are just better than you, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbpCLqryN-Q as an example of what MLG level players are at reaction speed wise., also APM = actions per minute