Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evil_Santa
07.23.2012 , 01:38 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
The action is whether it''s an exploit or not. The result is whether it should be fixed. It's unbalanced and unfair. It should be fixed. But it's not on the same level as blatant exploiting. Why do you feel the need to argue this when the same basic response (fixing it) is shared between the two of us?
There's the difference, you see it as the action and i see it as the situation it creates, but i agree arguing at this point is pointless and it needs to be fixed - either by changing where the terminals are located, or putting a physical wall above the temporary wall.
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Jinuxi
07.23.2012 , 11:47 PM | #142
For those who say there are no hackers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJ8lB2AoHk
A small token of friendship XD
Star Wars AMV - You're going down

Mournblood
07.24.2012 , 12:19 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinuxi View Post

Wow.

Does that idiot realize he just kissed his account goodbye? Hope winning that Huttball was worth it.

HelinCarnate
07.24.2012 , 12:33 AM | #144

And the game was out for less than a month at the time that was taken. You got anything recent?
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Mournblood
07.24.2012 , 12:39 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
He's placing his AoE. That's not a hack or anything. Clever use of game mechanics.
You're right, it's not a hack because he's not interfering or manipulating game code to his benefit. It is however a clear exploit, as it creates an advantage that cannot be countered by using game design/mechanics in a way that was not intended. You are not meant to move or shoot through those shields. Doing so in order to prevent the opposing team from lowering the shields while you yourself cannot be targeted or stopped from denying the objective is not a clever use of game mechanics. Arguing over semantics is simply a sad attempt to rationalize cheating.

Jarlgon
07.24.2012 , 05:16 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Macabrae View Post
This. I was accused by some Nerd Rager recently for hacking after I kept killing him over and over....lol
that's just harrassment, but you can get banned for it

Jarlgon
07.24.2012 , 06:02 AM | #147

Clear hacking. You cannot move that quick as an exploit.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You're right, it's not a hack because he's not interfering or manipulating game code to his benefit. It is however a clear exploit, as it creates an advantage that cannot be countered by using game design/mechanics in a way that was not intended. You are not meant to move or shoot through those shields. Doing so in order to prevent the opposing team from lowering the shields while you yourself cannot be targeted or stopped from denying the objective is not a clever use of game mechanics. Arguing over semantics is simply a sad attempt to rationalize cheating.
Actually, it is a hack. Look closely next time before you comment. only one player is moving faster then they should. It is not an exploit

Wainamoinen
07.24.2012 , 06:43 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
Actually, it is a hack. Look closely next time before you comment. only one player is moving faster then they should. It is not an exploit
You've becomne confused. The quote you referenced here was to a different vid, where someone was placing AOE in voidstar that could hit the other side of the forcefield. So doing something legal in the game that has consequences the designers probably hadn't considered and didn't intend. So it's not a hack, but needs fixing.

Interesting to see an actual vid with someone cheating - dated January 10th 2012. Which I'd guess makes it the speed hack that was fixed ages ago.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Overtone
07.24.2012 , 06:58 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by SinnedWill View Post
Me = Carnage Marauder - I give improved predation to my team at the beginning - bring your own carnage marauder or you will not beat us to any objective point first... ever. It's not hacks, it's what my class does - and it's a royal pain to keep building fury to keep it up (i lose a lot of DPS and survivability if I want to keep building fury) - frenzy is a 2m30s cooldown that gives me a full stack of fury, so that only accounts for about 1/10 of the predations I use each warzone.
Hush you. You will give people another reason to ask for a marauder nerf
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
If I can use blue 46s armorings/mods/enhancements in all of my armor and mh/oh and have competitive stats in a PvP environment, why cant I use that same gear to be competitive in PvE?
Seems like a double standard to me.

funkiestj
07.24.2012 , 01:41 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post
Preventing others from their objectives from a 100% safe location is not normal. If it is, then please tell me where in all of the warzones i can do this from.
I commend you for capturing this on video and sharing it with us. This allowed us to skip over the "I don't believe you" part of the discussion.

It is clearly an exploit in that it is not working as intended and will probably be fixed in the future.

If more folks would fraps things like this we would have more productive conversations

As for folks who say "what is the problem"? I agree that the exploit is marginal enough that the exploiter should not be punished unless BW sends him an email saying "don't do that anymore".

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?