Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bruhtal
07.17.2012 , 07:00 AM | #101
I see alot of people making reference to WoW and how great they are at banning the Hakzors.... They do this by scanning every users computer with their own brand of Spyware called "The Warden" Blizzard has been sued many times over the 'Privacy" issues this violates. The Warden scams your entire computer sending data back to blizzard where they run a scanner to look for known cheating dll's, or software that passes the duck test for cheating. I dont mind this so much, but..... They are scanning your whole PC and anything attached to it. Its one of the resons i quit wow when i was mistakingly banned for using auctioneer. NO BLIZZARD game will run without the warden, which runs every single time you use ther launcher to open a game. Me personally i value my privacy, whats to keep blizzard from exploiting that data or data mining it for profit to 3rd parties? I would trust the original Blizzard pre-Activision take over. I however have NO trust or confidence in Activision. Think about it.
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."

Sookster
07.17.2012 , 07:08 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by lpsmash View Post
Stopped reading at BIOWEAR
^ lol
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

XmaceukX
07.20.2012 , 09:35 AM | #103
I saw and thought the exact same thing the other night they were moving so fast i could not even click the name, i noticed watched them while i was face planted and they just run from one end of the arena to the other taking out anyone they found they were going in out and of stealth in matter of seconds and they definetly had no global cool downs as it took 2 seconds to wipe me out and i mean 2 seconds, i was on my powertech so no way they should be able to get me from full to zero health with my absorb bubble actve too and tbh they were going that fast i only had a chance to active the bubble once in the 5 times in the match they killed me 3 of these were within 10 seconds as there was no barrier when i died im guessing its because i was killed so quick and the barrier is timed.

I knew they were using speed hack as i watched them it also looked like they had the speed buff on them all the time but this is probably because they were just running from one player to the next taking them out in seconds.

I have only seen it in one match but i agree there is some people using a speed hack as it was just not possible to take a tank out in 2 seconds flat. 2 seconds ***! this totally ruins the game and means they are getting all the marks superfast.

This needs looking in to asap.

as now people know theres a speed hack there gonna be all over google looking for one.

Dmasterr
07.20.2012 , 10:16 AM | #104
Paranoid players who lack sufficient understanding of game mechanics are killing pvp, by accusing "everyone" of hacking.

XmaceukX
07.20.2012 , 10:23 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmasterr View Post
Paranoid players who lack sufficient understanding of game mechanics are killing pvp, by accusing "everyone" of hacking.
Well maybe some but i been playing games for years and i know when someone is bypassing the global cooldowns, they were running around the arena taking out the whole team within seconds sorry this isnt possible especially when you take the force/power needed to run a dps train like that.

To kill a tank in 2 seconds you tink thats right?

Maybe your the cheat if your defending these people as i know what i saw and that certainly wasnt right i mentioned it to my friend who plays in work 2 days later theres apost about it so im not the only one seeing it, so were all lying coz were rubbish at pvp? yeah right they were cheating period theres no way they could take anyone out that quick with global cooldowns never mind the power bar

Edited to say, they also had the speed aura on them constantly for the time i watched them i watched them that long i got kicked from the WZ they were killing so fast they constant had the aura on them so please stop trying to say we don't understand the mechanics of pvp when they were clearly using a speed hack, as what they were doing was not possible without some sort of speed hack.

BTW that was the first time i have seen this in the all the games i have played so its not widespread am but it soon will be and BW need to clamp down on it and ban the cheats before they ruin it for others and make people leave.

Dmasterr
07.20.2012 , 10:30 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by XmaceukX View Post
Well maybe some but i been playing games for years and i know when someone is bypassing the global cooldowns, they were running around the arena taking out the whole team within seconds sorry this isnt possible especially when you take the force/power needed to run a dps train like that.

To kill a tank in 2 seconds you tink thats right?

Maybe your the cheat if your defending these people as i know what i saw and that certainly wasnt right i mentioned it to my friend who plays in work 2 days later theres apost about it so im not the only one seeing it, so were all lying coz were rubbish at pvp? yeah right they were cheating period theres no way they could take anyone out that quick with global cooldowns never mind the power bar

Edited to say, they also had the speed aura on them constantly for the time i watched them i watched them that long i got kicked from the WZ they were killing so fast they constant had the aura on them so please stop trying to say we don't understand the mechanics of pvp when they were clearly using a speed hack, as what they were doing was not possible without some sort of speed hack.
So, how are you doing anything more than proving my point?

Ainew
07.20.2012 , 10:32 AM | #107
Yeah we once had our entire ranked team reported for speed hacking. 2 marauders with predation is cheating right?

XmaceukX
07.20.2012 , 10:36 AM | #108
So, how are you doing anything more than proving my point?
what do you mean proving your point that what your sticking up for cheaters? because thats all your doing as i said the rest of the enemy team was not running round like a cat on fire these 2 players were just 2 from the whole team and you think they were not cheating, do you know of any mechanics in the game that can make someone bypass the global cooldowns and have constant speed auras? and these were going a lot faster than the speed aura boost gives.
Because thats the only way they could have inflicted so much damage in so little time 2 seconds 2 SECONDS to go from full to zero health plus the tanks extra defenses and absorb bubble? You know someone this good as i would like to see it in action?

WaywardOne
07.20.2012 , 10:36 AM | #109
Can you snip from your combat those 2 seconds where your one attacker was doing 9k dps to you?

XmaceukX
07.20.2012 , 10:39 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
Yeah we once had our entire ranked team reported for speed hacking. 2 marauders with predation is cheating right?
this was not the whole team just to and its the way they were going from one person to the next taking them out its not possible no mater how good you are in pvp without a speed hack.

i know what i saw and reading this posts im not the only thats seen it taking place so please stop trying to defend these cheats, when its a good player i will say wow good player it does not hurt me to lose pvp why would i care? but i do care when people are ouright cheating.