Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What happened to the fix for lost Matrix cubes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What happened to the fix for lost Matrix cubes?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Atlantis's Avatar


Atlantis
05.09.2012 , 10:49 AM | #1
Yesterday, in the sticky concerning Matrix cubes, it was posted that they would be hot-fixed during the patch for this morning. This morning when I log in, I see that maintenance has been postponed and the cube is still gone along with the post announcing the fix. Now, we are back to square one with no other info except for the original post offered yesterday morning that BW is looking into it.

What happened? Are we looking at next Tuesday's maintenance for this to be resolved? If not, when?

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
05.09.2012 , 11:26 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Yesterday, in the sticky concerning Matrix cubes, it was posted that they would be hot-fixed during the patch for this morning. This morning when I log in, I see that maintenance has been postponed and the cube is still gone along with the post announcing the fix. Now, we are back to square one with no other info except for the original post offered yesterday morning that BW is looking into it.

What happened? Are we looking at next Tuesday's maintenance for this to be resolved? If not, when?
I bet they don't know how to fix it without doing a rollback which they are scared to death of, such fail too, I waited all day yesterday and now it looks like I will have to wait all day today without playing.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
05.09.2012 , 11:28 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We know this issue is important to many of our players and will get updated information about the maintenance to address the issue very soon (we're working on getting the updated time right now). Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

MrSIlverSurfing's Avatar


MrSIlverSurfing
05.09.2012 , 11:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We know this issue is important to many of our players and will get updated information about the maintenance to address the issue very soon (we're working on getting the updated time right now). Thanks for your patience in the meantime!
I'm actually digging all the communication the last few days. This is a plus plus.

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
05.09.2012 , 11:45 AM | #5
My guess is they decided to actually review, QA, and test this patch before pushing it live. Hopefully BW will even push it to the PTS first, so the community can help ensure this patch doesn't make things worse.

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
05.09.2012 , 11:54 AM | #6
My hope is they realized the boat has already sailed, and since the damage is already done it's no longer critical enough to warrant additional downtime to restore the cubes and can simply wait until the next regular maintenance.

Until then, "make do" with a click-cube. May just find it's actually an improvement. (I stopped using my matrix cube(s) a while ago)

MrSIlverSurfing's Avatar


MrSIlverSurfing
05.09.2012 , 12:00 PM | #7
Everything should really go through a test server. Pumping stuff out to live without properly testing them is not a good idea IMO. Whether it be a larger patch or hotfix.

Eszi's Avatar


Eszi
05.09.2012 , 12:23 PM | #8
I'm just wondering what they will break next

Theology's Avatar


Theology
05.09.2012 , 12:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSIlverSurfing View Post
I'm actually digging all the communication the last few days. This is a plus plus.
Lol, wait, let me try to understand this.

You're digging that they broke Matrix cubes, and are telling people that a fix is coming soon?

DeltaEkotte's Avatar


DeltaEkotte
05.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #10
Sorry to answer a question with a question but which do you want, wait only 1 day until they try to and fail to fix the problem, or do you want it to take a few days and them to try to and succed on fixing this problem?
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist; E-Chimaera