Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Reverse engineer broken since latest patch ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse engineer broken since latest patch ?

FrancoisTogruta's Avatar


FrancoisTogruta
05.09.2012 , 10:07 AM | #1
I did lots of RE's since 1.2 and everything was going smootly.

But since yesterday and today, I am now 0 in 23 for RE-ing "Immunity Enhancement 15"
As I am writing this, I just started another batch of 10, but getting low on ressources.
It does say on the description it is a 20% chance of success... is it really or am I being trolled by the game ?
Even in cases of extreme bad luck, I should've gotten a RE on the 15th try at the very least.
Something to look into as a bug I would say.

As for suggesting something to "curve the bad luck strings", please add 5% more sucess chance when you fail a RE on the item. So missing 10 in a row means you are up to 75% chance of sucess. Just throwing numbers, but this is ridiculous. Thank god this isnt an end-game, hard to come with ressources, item.

Thanks.

[ EDIT: finally got that one RE'd, only took about 25 tries. So much for a 20% chance tho ]

Sgt_Simple's Avatar


Sgt_Simple
05.09.2012 , 10:13 AM | #2
I saw someone put this very well a little while ago, so I'm just gonna paraphrase:

Think of it this way. You also have an 80% chance of failing every time you RE something. Although 25 tries is ridiculously rare, it happens. That's statistics.

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
05.09.2012 , 11:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FrancoisTogruta View Post
As for suggesting something to "curve the bad luck strings", please add 5% more sucess chance when you fail a RE on the item. So missing 10 in a row means you are up to 75% chance of sucess. Just throwing numbers, but this is ridiculous. Thank god this isnt an end-game, hard to come with ressources, item.[ EDIT: finally got that one RE'd, only took about 25 tries. So much for a 20% chance tho ]

They already did say they were looking into adding something to prevent overly long strings of bad luck.

fattallis's Avatar


fattallis
05.09.2012 , 11:29 AM | #4
Yup....RE has definitely been borked since the mini patch from last week and i don't care what anyone say's about "bad luck" etc.....I've had 'ONE' RE success in the last week over 2 toons and so many attempts i lost count! and more and more peeps are starting to report similar.......It's cost me so much time and lost credits that I've given up crafting now until it's fixed.

Add this to not being able to opt out of Hutball, the crazy zone loading times and not auto rejoining your group after a pvp warzone and my days with this game are rapidly coming to an end

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
05.09.2012 , 11:47 AM | #5
*shrug*

I started RE'ng redoubt light armor for my future sin tank starting this weekend. I've learned every piece up to vl 45 (which is where I stop bothering) except for the lvl 37 helm. (which continues to elude me, haven't learned a single schem for that one item) but overall success rate was probably 20% or higher.

Also did some biochem, armormech, and armstech REing.

Success rates seem to be at least the indicated amount.

So sorry, still gonna have to say you're on a bad luck string.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
05.09.2012 , 11:53 AM | #6
There's about 1% chance you'd get learning nothing 20 REs in a row.

That sounds unlikely until you realize you probably REed far more than 100 items (I certainly have).

In fact, if you RE 200 things, it'd be weird to NOT get a string of 20 failures at some point. It'd also be weird to not learn 2 recipes back to back (4% chance) at some point.simply because you're doing this so many times, you're bound to see something unusual.

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
05.09.2012 , 03:38 PM | #7
To be fair, this RNG seems very streaky. I feel like *most* times I get a success I'm gonna get another success right afterwards. Far more often than just a 1 in 5. Maybe the RNG uses the same seed or something for every 5 second period.

tyranusdarec's Avatar


tyranusdarec
05.09.2012 , 09:30 PM | #8
I think something isnt right. Prototype Skill Barrel 7 I did 54 REs to get the purple. Skill Barrel 9 I did 82 REs and got the purple. This has been the case the last few days. Before then the longest was 12 tries. Now its over 50? 20% chance of success.... There is no way.

Oh and greens still getting the prototype by the third try. So green to blue with a 20% is by the third but blue to purple that is supposed to be 20% as well is taking over 50 now. Its the same for my artifice character and my cybertech character. Green to blue = easy. Blue to purple = dang near impossible. But they are supposed to be the same percentage.

Something is definately messed up.

Tyr

"It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself."

okwathne's Avatar


okwathne
05.09.2012 , 10:31 PM | #9
I have in the last week had from 1 to 20 trys getting pattern....
All nice within the 20%, since that is 20% each time....

Hope they figure out some way to prevent people to go on some of those unlucky strikes for ages.......

This is the last minutes of 9 houers trying to get 10 heads in a row.
Here there is a 50/50 chance each time.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1uJD1O3L08

Random is random, and it's a *****....

Tommysmallss's Avatar


Tommysmallss
05.09.2012 , 10:56 PM | #10
If this is true, I'm am going to be extremely discouraged about crafting. I don't understand how they can do a silent nerf on RE to get purple schem, yet I'm getting purple drops off regular NPCs much more than I should be getting. My lvl 25 agent has gotten at least 4. In a regular MMO, you would never get these. I've taken a break from crafting since I've over leveled in crew skills at the moment, but I'll check this out when I get to the next planet.