Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile Security Key App for android?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mobile Security Key App for android?

druidsflame
12.17.2011 , 10:05 PM | #1
When does it come out?! I want it but I refuse to use an iPhone so when are you going to let the rest of us use this feature?

LTPapaBear
12.17.2011 , 10:10 PM | #2
They're working on it, but i think Apple released it early. Push comes to shove you can by the USB one.
LTPapaBear
Sith Councilor: Sith Corps
Rob Roy | Dark Reaper

XaeroT
12.17.2011 , 10:28 PM | #3
Well lets hope Bioware doesn't have "brute force attack" issues as another popular game has before the Android version comes out. Wish we could have some estimated time of release (day, week, weeks, month, months, year, years, never).

I had a password rated as "best" on the website below hacked after 1 year of not playing that MMO, not using that password anywhere else (or stored anywhere but a piece of paper on my desk, since it was a test of their security and I was never going to play the game again) and having rebuilt my computer about 8 months after I had quit and uninstalled the game. They still blamed me and said I must of had had a trojan or something (paper trojan !! lol).

https://www.microsoft.com/security/p...d-checker.aspx

I would hate to lose my account to hackers once they figure out security flaws of this system.

DarthZissou
12.17.2011 , 10:34 PM | #4
Well you guys could always opt to go buy an iPhone. If anything you'll have a better phone with an authentication app.

Kolreth
12.17.2011 , 10:36 PM | #5
LOL iphones are NOT better than android, unless you like being in a closed wall system that limits your options and you like paying apples inflated prices on everything.

DarthZissou
12.17.2011 , 10:56 PM | #6
Or you like a more powerful phone that gets all the apps before Android. Seriously, no Android phone can even touch the 4S in benchmarks. a quadcore tegra tablet can barely beat it.

Kolreth
12.18.2011 , 12:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZissou View Post
Or you like a more powerful phone that gets all the apps before Android. Seriously, no Android phone can even touch the 4S in benchmarks. a quadcore tegra tablet can barely beat it.
Or you could live in the real world where the HTC Evo is out and it performs as fast as the iphone 4s and the Evo is 4G where the iphone 4s is only 3G.

LostCoz
12.18.2011 , 01:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by druidsflame View Post
When does it come out?! I want it but I refuse to use an iPhone so when are you going to let the rest of us use this feature?
You would think it would have been released for Android first since LucasArts has "Droid" trademarked...

Nuanil
12.18.2011 , 02:03 AM | #9
Apps usually come out on the Android first due to the somewhat lax standards in publishing. Rift's android authenticator was out a week before their iPhone authenticator.

essell
12.18.2011 , 02:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LTPapaBear View Post
They're working on it, but i think Apple released it early. Push comes to shove you can by the USB one.
No I can't. They're not available in my area, nor in fact are they available to most of the world. And only a minority of people have iphones.

I hope this feature is more widely implemented in the future.
The Cake is a lie, there is only Cookies. Through cookies I gain mass, from mass I gain inertia, from inertia I gain force. The Force shall free me.