Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Visiting the other faction's capital: an idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Visiting the other faction's capital: an idea

Temeluchus
05.09.2012 , 11:03 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
That would be fun. Maybe you would be able to switch sides if you have an opposing alignment. As light sided siths are simply jedis and vice versa... Dont see it happening though...
What the? Where in the world did you get the notion that LS Sith are basically Jedi and DS Jedi are Sith?

Sith and Jedi are ideologies and philosophies, you need years of training,practice and study to be one. LS Sith in the game are more about honor and strengthening the Empire from within and are still far from being Jedi and still conduct themselves as Sith would.

Lord Praven is a LS Sith,
Spoiler

DS Jedi are nothing more than Dark or Fallen Jedi, LS Sith are in no ways Jedi but can be "redeemed" to the Light if the Jedi council wishes it.

As for the OP's idea, it could work if you restricted people to a specially created area on the Capital planets or they were phased. BW learned their lesson about higher levels visiting the other faction's capital worlds in beta when a bug allowed us to visit Coruscant/DK. Epic amounts of lowbie killing for the day it lasted.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

osteim
05.09.2012 , 11:53 AM | #12
they dont have to be restricted why not just have it where the new player has to be challenged to a duel rather than being attacked by the higher lvl. then lower player on the starter planet has to accept the challenge to fight. offer them some kind of protection where they cannot be attacked with out permission. also the higher lvl player does not get any rewards for attacking the lower lvl player on the starter planet

Darth_Solrac
05.09.2012 , 11:59 AM | #13
Perhaps for PvP, an event like such? Dromund Kaas, or Coruscant as war zones? Opposing PvP factions fight it out & last one standing wins control of that planet & a cool prize?
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Gratulor
05.09.2012 , 12:04 PM | #14
I would rather see a special area on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas that is open to both factions as a part of the storyline. The war has broken out, and I bet there are going to be infiltrators into the capitol worlds somewhere down the line. Similar to during the Clone Wars, seperatists often did sabotage on Coruscant.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."