Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sick of almost never get a trooper main hand weapon drop.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Sick of almost never get a trooper main hand weapon drop.

Lord_Karsk
05.09.2012 , 01:01 AM | #1
We do standard and HM raids all week.And i think of the last 10-15 raids we have done only 1 trooper mainhand weapon have dropped.While force and smuggler weapons drop all the time.Same with trooper rakata ear piece. Never drops.
Een when we run a raid with 3-4 troopers it will sometimes drop 2-4 weapons for smugglers and jedi but never er troopers.
Something is wrong !

uniz
05.09.2012 , 09:04 AM | #2
murphy's raid loot law

whatever you want wont drop

it will drop when you are not there or on another toon

it will drop when you are out of dkp

it will drop after you go and buy it

the class that isnt there gets the most drops

if in a pur some idiot that cant use it will win your item or you will roll a 1

it will drop in every raid after you used up all of your dkp for it

murphy didnt play wow. he was a enchanter in eq1 that made every raid and loved by all. he was one kool rightous dude with no luck.

Semitote
05.09.2012 , 09:54 AM | #3
Maybe try a different group leader or have a different person zone in first or have a different person designated as master looter or try running an hour earlier or an hour later.. Mix it up a little bit.. Random Number Generators are never truly random - they have to be based off something... And it may be based on something simple like the server clock or something completely complex and off the wall like the group leader's character ID in the character database plus a number of different things..

There's two good theories on changing loot tendencies - Change the leader or the person who seeds the loot -OR- change the time in which you seed the loot. Not entirely sure how this game seeds its loot, but it's either seeded at instance creation or at boss kill / chest opening.. So try changing the variables that affect that.

If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think of to break loot tendencies is to change your raid composition.

I'm glad the campaign loot is one token fits all.
Semee - Legacy 39 - Valor 83 - Social VIII - Juggernaut
The Fatman Nerf Dialogue World #1 8M Empire
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."

krinaman
05.10.2012 , 05:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
We do standard and HM raids all week.And i think of the last 10-15 raids we have done only 1 trooper mainhand weapon have dropped.While force and smuggler weapons drop all the time.Same with trooper rakata ear piece. Never drops.
Een when we run a raid with 3-4 troopers it will sometimes drop 2-4 weapons for smugglers and jedi but never er troopers.
Something is wrong !
That is one more main hand than I seen in at least that many runs.

Xarielle
05.10.2012 , 08:58 AM | #5
Over a 3 week period we managed to see 4 Trooper Rakata MHs drop 0 Consular.

RNG is RNG.

AesirUesugi
05.10.2012 , 10:16 AM | #6
I'll add this to Uniz's list:

It'll drop for the fresh day old 50 newbie the rest of your ops team just carried through the operation and he will go turn it in for an item type from the other AC he can't actually use. <facepalm>

Dartanel
05.10.2012 , 11:12 AM | #7
You could try forming a four-man group of all troopers and doing Lost Island Hard mode. The last boss drops columni main hand token and the game weighs the loot table to favor people that are actually in the group.