Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which class has the best story.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which class has the best story.

JarenWelen
05.09.2012 , 02:33 AM | #31
Have finished all of Jedi Knight, Chapter 1 of Jedi Consular as a Shadow, Sith Warrior, Smuggler, and Trooper, halfway through Chapter 1 of Sith Inquisitor and Consular as a Sage, finished Prologue of Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent.

First, I'll say the character gender plays a huge difference. It can determine the connection you feel with your character, or even just affect how immersive your character's voice is. Both of my Consulars are female, because whilst I think it's one of the best VOs in the game (controversial, I know) I can't stand the male voice. Likewise, I deleted my Operative after level 16 because the voice just sounded pinched and whiney the whole time, so I created a female Agent yesterday and have so far been enjoying it. As you know, you'll be hearing your character's voice a lot, so this does affect story enjoyment.

Jedi Knight: it's a decent story, with some great heroic moments, but its biggest weakness for me were the class mechanics. In comparison to other classes it can become slow and tedious to level. Despite starting on day one pre-launch and finishing Chapter I in 2 and a half days, I only completed the story last month because I just got so frustrated and bored with the class. I've discovered since then that Vigilance-spec works well for PvE, but it's still bordering on the side of frustrating than challenging. I would say my only two let-downs of the story itself were (spoilers for the entire class story):

Spoiler

Jedi Consular, although with one of my favourite classes, is lacking for me. Tython feels a bit weak in comparison to the Jedi Knight story, and after that you're effectively a delivery boy. Feels like lots of filler. Alderaan is fun though, and what I've seen of Chapter 2 is promising.

Trooper, quite fun Chapter 1 actually. Fun class as well, so a good package.

Smuggler: again, feels like a delivery boy for Chapter I. Some comic moments though/

Sith Warrior: to be honest, I was hooked. It was perhaps the first class I felt fully immersed into, and it might be because I was playing a Marauder but it seemed to level quite well. The Master-Apprentice play works very well, and the companions are very interesting.

Sith Inquisitor: I've got one problem with Inquisitor. So much emphasis is put on you starting out as a slave, yet you can outright insult anyone you like without any consequences. At least shock me or something. Your Master even seems afraid of you occasionally. It's the one issue I have with this class, which has some interesting options.

Bounty Hunter: Pretty fun, slightly predictable.

Imperial Agent: Not seen much of it so far but enjoying it more with a female character. Even though I would really love to play a male Agent (thinking a John Porter-type character) the voice just sounds so slimey....

I'd say they're all good if you can immerse yourself in the character enough.

-J
Jaren Welen :: Vigilant || Ambassador Welen :: Infiltrator
Zekken :: Tactician || Jainie :: Seer || Vespe :: Scrapper
Jedge :: Sharpshooter || Zeckary :: Annihilator || Myn :: Madman

Reeny
05.09.2012 , 02:43 AM | #32
Imperial Agent has the best story, no contest.

Sith Warrior is quite decent.

Farho
05.09.2012 , 03:02 AM | #33
Finished smuggler 7/10. Story sometimes feel like a filler between you flirting women. As a male smuggler you get a LOT of flirt options. The story is about some personal vendettas.
Halfway through consular: 6/10. Bit too mystified but not very beleivable. Still interesting though.
Halfway through trooper: 8/10. The story is really intact and feels compatible with side quests (It's never like you're sidetracked). My only complaint is some dark side options are just pointless (a lot of lying for no reason or benefit except dark side points).
50 Sawbones Scoundrel - EU Dxun Battle Circle

Ashu-ri
05.09.2012 , 07:30 AM | #34
I know it's been said before in this thread. I have all 8 classes, two 50's, 1 47, and the rest between chapter 1 and chapter 2. Hands down for me, the best class story is the Imperial Agent. Aside from the fact that there are different possible endings, the story is so in depth, and edge of your seat. I wanted to get through the trials on Voss just so I could see what the vision would be. This is a character that the only reason I've been able to stop playing is to help a friend of mine on the trial, or to occasionally play with my husband, a devotion to character I haven't had since my trooper, and this goes way beyond that.

Celacia
05.09.2012 , 09:01 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashu-ri View Post
This is a character that the only reason I've been able to stop playing is to help a friend of mine on the trial, or to occasionally play with my husband, a devotion to character I haven't had since my trooper, and this goes way beyond that.
This. I love my sniper so much that I am playing her again on my Republic server to unlock her race. If you let yourself get emotionally invested in your agent this story is the best ride ever. So complicated, so many hard situations and decisions. However, if you want the full emotional impact,
Spoiler

Aloro
05.09.2012 , 12:22 PM | #36
I've played SW through the end. I have a Trooper and an IA in Chapter 3, and an SI in Chapter 2. All the other classes are in Ch 1 now, though I've seen the bulk of the SI and BH stories now through the end.

I have enjoyed all the stories so far, but my clear favorite is the IA, no question. The story is never predictable, and always entertains. There are countless deceptions, betrayals, and all sorts of behind-the-scenes stuff that you never see with the other classes. E.g. ever wondered why the Jedi didn't find the Sith sooner, and vice versa? You can find out in the IA story.

When playing my agent, I often have to pause and really think about my dialogue choices, moreso than with my other chars. Things are... complicated, and you're often several layers deep in some devious deception.

Also, Agents have the best ships. They get to ride in top of the line luxury liners outfitted for war and espionage.

Dayshadow
05.09.2012 , 01:57 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JarenWelen View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

aaronarnaut
08.24.2013 , 01:30 AM | #38
Agent is really awesome and ive heard that the Smuggler is pretty good, but for a lightsaber guy, id go with Knight or Warrior.

thecoffeecup
08.24.2013 , 06:50 AM | #39
Favorites for me are warrior, then agent. Least favorite so far has been bounty hunter.

My choice is heavily influenced by how much I like the voice acting though. I love the male SW. My favorite voice acting in the game has to be the female SI though. She just sounds so delightfully wicked, like she really has a few screws loose. Don't much like the class itself though, which is a shame.

AlexDougherty
08.25.2013 , 08:44 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Windova View Post
My Opinion:

1. Agent: Hands down the best, I heard everyone raving about the agent the first few months I thought they were overrating the story until........I actually played it and my god it's the best story in the game, only if they were all as good as this one.
2. SW and JK are about ranked the same for me: So far each story is pretty good in it's own way. SW seems very darth vader type working as an apprentice etc. I just feel like killing my master and oh yeah baby Vette you are so awesome.
JK: ummm how do I say this...... The galaxy depends on you? Will you save it? Pretty much save the galaxy type of story I like it. First 15-20 lvls of story I thought it was terrible too goody for me, but once I started wiping out hordes of imps and saving planets it got really good.

3. BH: was my first toon and was always a BH fan so yeah I liked it, think the end was pretty epic.

4. Smuggler. Gunslinger: Story was mehhh nothing to special kinda what I expected, however the dialogue is by far the BEST in the game. Feel like your choices are usually (flirt) or (lie) haha. I played as a female and found it humorous how many men try to get with you throughout your story.
(favorite class to play love pew pewing people to death)

5. Consular: Mixed views on this story, everyone says it's terrible. I didn't find it that bad I'm only to lvl 30 on it so far and it's not so bad I wouldn't make a consular.

6. Trooper: Ugh *Spacebar* *Spacebar*. God why do I have to keep hitting it!!!!!
Trooper story is just awful imo, if your into military maybe you might just might like it but man nothing to me says star wars about this story at all. I saw the ending of this story as I helped a guildie finish his and man I was left with ummmm are you kidding that was the end of the story? EPIC FAIL!

The lightning wizards are the only class I haven't played so can't tell you much there.
Consular story is bad for chapter 1, if you are level 30 then you have come through what everybody dislikes, it's not so much bad as repetitive, find the jedi master's friends, convince the Jedi's friends, find the Jedi master, defeat the jedi master but don't kill, shield the jedi master's mind, listen to the council fail to spot the obvious connecting link, go to next planet and repeat.

My opinion

1. Imperial Agent - best story outright.
2. Sith Warrior - Very simple, but pleasing.
3. Jedi Knight - haven't finished but good so far.
4. Sith inquisitor - haven't finished but fun.
5. Jedi Counsellor - bad start, but great second and third chapters
6. Smuggler - haven't finished but interesting
7. Bounty Hunter - just about to start the bit I keep hearing complaints about.
8. Trooper - repetitive, very repetitive.

Obviously I have only finished half, but I took them to the end of tattooine to evaluate which ones I wanted to play first.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.