Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which class has the best story.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which class has the best story.

PatBar
05.08.2012 , 08:19 PM | #1
I just finished my Jedi Knight and i'mlooking to start a new toon. I would rather play solo so I want to play the best story. Which class should I play next?

deeprave
05.08.2012 , 08:35 PM | #2
Seriously, pretty much any of them.

I have completed Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight and Smuggler on the Republic side (currently working on Trooper) and enjoyed each of the story lines all immensely.

On the Empire side I have completed Sith Inquisitor only and was a little disappointed both in the story line and finding it overall a hell of a lot easier than Jedi Consular; hardly a challenge in fact. I'm hoping that when I get around to it I don't have the same experience with Sith Warrior vs. Jedi Knight (JK being by far the most difficult and frustrating - and thus rewarding - class mission I have done. All of the others are very easy by comparison).

While Bounty Hunter seems pretty fun and all (recently finished chapter 1), I'm currently having a blast with Imperial Agent where the story line is the most fun I've had since I started playing this game. The class itself provides some unique opportunities for intrigue and surprise and the story tellers have yet to disappoint and I'm not far into chapter 2 as it is.

pahbi
05.08.2012 , 08:36 PM | #3
The trooper story is kinda lame imo.

I thought the gunslinger was pretty fun, a little bit of intrigue, lots of guns, gals, explosions and snarky remarks everywhere you go.

- P

Tuscad
05.08.2012 , 08:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PatBar View Post
I just finished my Jedi Knight and i'mlooking to start a new toon. I would rather play solo so I want to play the best story. Which class should I play next?
I haven't play it yet, but I hear the imperial agent is generally regarded as the best.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Chessrook
05.08.2012 , 08:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I haven't play it yet, but I hear the imperial agent is generally regarded as the best.
Aye, I believe the comments I heard put the Agent as the best story overall. It's filled with twists and turns I never saw coming, and plays like a James Bond movie.
Trooper I've generally heard as being the best Republic-side, and I can agree. It feels like a war movie, and the chapter climaxes have some of the most epic moments in the game.

rbkrbk
05.08.2012 , 08:43 PM | #6
The Imperial Agent. With the exception of the Jedi Knight, none of what the other classes have can be called stories compared to the Agent.

I did not like the Inquisitor or Warrior stories at all. I was expecting an ascension type story that was similar to that of Darth Bane. Boy was I disappointed. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, I don't know.

I absolutely hated the Consular story. No matter how bad and free you wanted to be, you were forced to be this goody-two-shoes-loser.
"The Old Republic is in EA’s top 10 franchises in terms of profitability, “but it’s not in our top five”. “So it’s a business contributor, while important, is not as important as Medal of Honor or Battlefield or FIFA or Madden or The Sims or SimCity..."
- John Riccitiello, CEO, Electronic Arts

AtPlay
05.08.2012 , 09:04 PM | #7
The Agent story was great...a much better story than Ive ever gotten in any MMO. Inquisitor story line was terribad. Im sorry, I know that someone out there spent a lot of time working on it, but it just wasn't good...at any point. I also enjoyed the Bounty Hunter story. It wasn't amazing, but it was good.

Harleyz
05.08.2012 , 09:06 PM | #8
I like the space bar.

Tuscad
05.08.2012 , 09:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AtPlay View Post
The Agent story was great...a much better story than Ive ever gotten in any MMO. Inquisitor story line was terribad. Im sorry, I know that someone out there spent a lot of time working on it, but it just wasn't good...at any point. I also enjoyed the Bounty Hunter story. It wasn't amazing, but it was good.
I hated the Bounty Hunter story after Tatooine, you might be able to guess why but I will tell you anyway...
Spoiler
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

AzraelCales
05.08.2012 , 09:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I hated the Bounty Hunter story after Tatooine, you might be able to guess why but I will tell you anyway...
Spoiler
Spoiler
Darth Sypherius - The world means nothing to a dreamer.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
By all means, please proceed to pull out your MMO walking stick and wave it.