Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bio nerfed tracer lock during the last down time.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bio nerfed tracer lock during the last down time.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Terrorgirl
05.09.2012 , 10:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaktan View Post
Please... tell me you're kidding. Mercs are seriously OP in PvP, just check out my server.
All I can tell you is l2p.
check out your server?for what? lol second mercenary are ops? to what? dying faster then light speed? ps: do not confuse mercenary with pyrotech wich are most of them tanks...

Terrorgirl
05.09.2012 , 10:28 AM | #22
and yea i need to l2p also... my 90 valor rank gained in wzs only (no ilum) are not enough to know my class..every single troll come here because they want mercenary to be easy target/kill for them...

Marcus_Cade
05.09.2012 , 10:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
I think there might be some confusion here between two different abilities/skills, so let me attempt to clarify, and if you still believe it's not working this way, I'll have someone from the Combat team take a look.
  • The Tracer Missile ability stacks a debuff on your target. Without the skill "Light 'Em Up", it takes 5 shots to build the stack to 5. With the skill, it takes 3 shots (as each shot now grants 2 stacks). I just logged in to check, and it still does work this way.
  • The skill "Tracer Lock" grants a buff on yourself, increasing the damage your next Rail Shot will do. This is not affected by "Light 'Em Up," and I don't believe it ever has been.

Can you please look at both your buff and your target's debuff and confirm this is working the way it should be? The debuff should stack twice as fast as the buff, neither of which have been changed. If you guys have more questions, let me know and I'll get someone to take a look.

Thanks!
That's how it's always worked & still does so.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Afflixed
05.09.2012 , 10:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Undorett View Post
While Light 'Em Up has never effected Tracer Lock, with the changes that went in during 1.2 (having us fire off a barrage unload basically every 5 seconds and lowering the damage of tracer) it should...getting 5 stacks of Tracer Lock is impossible before the skill is ready to fire again...at most we get 3 and the skill may as well be on a 25s cool down.
What "skill" are you talking about, I am so confused by what you are trying to say here.

MrSIlverSurfing
05.09.2012 , 10:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrorgirl View Post
and yea i need to l2p also... my 90 valor rank gained in wzs only (no ilum) are not enough to know my class..every single troll come here because they want mercenary to be easy target/kill for them...
Rage is strong with you. I like it. Honestly I feel your pain. I'm hoping they fix this, because my account, which is canceled runs out in a few days and I would like to check the Merc out once fixed and see if it's still worth playing. I have no doubt that the class will be fixed or bufed in the future, but I'm not that patient. I have been playing Tera and having a good time, so hopefully they put this on their radar and get it handled ASAP. I dont want to pay for multiple games at the same time, especially when this class is no longer able to kill a bunny rabbit.

I don't t want any class to be an over powered class. Everyone pays their $15 a month and we all like challenges from playing against balanced classes, but shees arsenal mercs/commandos are just doo doo.

MrSIlverSurfing
05.09.2012 , 11:03 AM | #26
In the 1.2c so called Commando/Merc bug fix they said that our debuffs were stacking with others. They also said that our TMs were putting on more heat signatures than intended. Was this happening since launch? If so why was all balance for 1.2 done with this the way it was? They really need to increase the heat signature amount the way it was in 1.2. Keep it where our debuffs dont stack and where we don't get the benefits of others debuffs. Put heat signature debuffs back to the way it was in 1.2, except not stackable. Them changing these 2 things at the same time totally destroyed the class. PVP is all I play, so coming from that perspective.

PS: Why is it taking so long to address this since these classes are so important to SWTOR and the history of Star Wars? My money is that Lucas Arts wouldn't be happy with the way this reflects on Star Wars. lol

Undorett
05.09.2012 , 11:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Afflixed View Post
What "skill" are you talking about, I am so confused by what you are trying to say here.
Sorry man, you need to read the dev post before my post to understand it, but the skill referenced is Rail Shot.

SCICAN
05.09.2012 , 12:43 PM | #28
Even though i am not a fan of the recent /cough, rebalance on some bh changes, this time the dev is correct and you need to read what he says..

tracer lock has always required 5 shots to stack 5, tracer lock effects Railshot +5%(stacks 6 times)

Heat signature that increase Heatseeker, only take 3 tracers with the skill traited.

Now that said , pls give us our AOE area back with DFA, have u seen the trooper and sorc circle? its insane and they said it was brought down to match the other class aoe skills

Also we need a very slight up on damage (not mutch i still do ok in PvP and Pve) we just dont seem to be playing our role anymore...

i dont mind being made of glass, i just wish i could have the cannon back...

TimoTribal
05.09.2012 , 12:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSIlverSurfing View Post
Did they balance the BH DPS in 1.2 with the bug, then by by fixing the bug throwing off it's DPS burst potential? All I know is that my Heatseaker missle hits for less than it did pre 1.2. I also think that TM hits much less than the 10% nerf that it was supposed to take. Was the heat signature issue there since game launch? If so when it was corrected was the burst DPS of the class ever looked at?
I would say that yes, they in fact did balance the class which was inherently bugged to begin with. Not the bug where other mercs tracers was amplifying damage but the bug in which tracers were actually adding x2 the damage boost to Heatseeker that it should have, even when solo.

That is why it hits for less than pre 1.2 and unquestionably one of the main factors in the arsenal tree being bottom tier now as it was not factored in testing for the rebalance in 1.2. The class has plenty of other problems going right now and always has done, no real utility etc however this change totally killed the class.

Bluetickone
05.09.2012 , 01:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Undorett View Post
While Light 'Em Up has never effected Tracer Lock, with the changes that went in during 1.2 (having us fire off a barrage unload basically every 5 seconds and lowering the damage of tracer) it should...getting 5 stacks of Tracer Lock is impossible before the skill is ready to fire again...at most we get 3 and the skill may as well be on a 25s cool down.
Exactly right. Its also conclusive proof that BW's class development team is incompetent. They simply shuffled a few skills around to make it more "interesting" to play, but in the process borked the entire underlying mechanic for the class. What a joke man, pathetic.

I would be ok with this if BW hadnt also pounded healing into oblivion. Class just got absolutely *********** annihilated in 1.2, no other way to put it.