Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SNIPER unfair offhand distribution (MK-1 Vibroknife)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
SNIPER unfair offhand distribution (MK-1 Vibroknife)

pauldevries
07.26.2012 , 09:13 AM | #21
We did Taral 5 HM and raghoul conflict Hm last night with 2 sages, 1 smuggler, 1 vanguard

Out of (i think 10?) total drops, 8 were smuggler, 1 sage and 1 trooper!!

BRUTAL......

Eskachat
07.26.2012 , 09:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by pauldevries View Post
We did Taral 5 HM and raghoul conflict Hm last night with 2 sages, 1 smuggler, 1 vanguard

Out of (i think 10?) total drops, 8 were smuggler, 1 sage and 1 trooper!!

BRUTAL......
Well cool story, bro !
Were any of these 8 loots a BH offhand ?
I Want my stupid giggle back !

Coffyn
07.26.2012 , 09:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Eskachat View Post
Well it's simple : non-moddable offhands ...
Knives and shotguns figure into damage calculations for certain abilities, therefore weapons, therefore none for comms. Simple logic really.
<The Dark Path>
Corellian Run from Mind Trick
The Eisengel Legacy
Rayvene -- Sniper Nytemair -- Assassin

Eskachat
07.26.2012 , 11:07 AM | #24
As do shields for tanking abilities, such as survival ...
I Want my stupid giggle back !

ssfish
07.26.2012 , 05:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
You can stab an enemy with a generator?
In this game, I can stab someone without a blade equipped at all.
Lift

Pirindolo
07.27.2012 , 12:20 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Coffyn View Post
Knives and shotguns figure into damage calculations for certain abilities, therefore weapons, therefore none for comms. Simple logic really.
Nice try folk. Then explain why shields, and specially focuses and generators are still in game and are available for BH comms. Apart from the difference in graphics and animations (VK and SG have "weapon" animations while the other 3 don't), their effects (in terms of DPS and Heals) are roughly the same.

Think again...
May the fork be with you

ImmortalAlien
07.27.2012 , 05:59 AM | #27
Check the Trooper Campaign/BH vendor. Are Commando offhands available? I think it's most likely available. If so, Bioware needs to do one of two things:

1) At the least, remove the Trooper and Bounty Hunter DPS generators from being bought through BH comms
2) Give MK-1 offhands to all classes, yet have the mods locked

Otherwise, Commandos have an unfair advantage gearing up with Black Hole commendations. I believe the Mercenary, the Commando's mirror, doesn't have their MK-1 offhand available for purchase. This would balance the two classes.

I believe that the developers of Bioware were actually deliberate on leaving out the Vibroknives, though. This is due to the fact that Gunslingers use a second pistol as an offhand and all modable offhands are unavailable through Black Hole comms. The Scatterguns and Vibroknives were left out in order to bring balance to Smugglers and Agents.

For Sentinnels and Marauders, they never noticed the issue since both classes use the same type of offhand.