Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SNIPER unfair offhand distribution (MK-1 Vibroknife)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
SNIPER unfair offhand distribution (MK-1 Vibroknife)

Tamizuka
05.08.2012 , 05:34 PM | #1
Hi,

a lot of clases can buy an offhand for 50 black hole coms. Generator, Focus and Shields..... all the offhands which are not modifiable. Vibroknifes for a Sniper is just a stat-holder. No Sniper uses the knife because you must stand in melee range.

Where is i.e. this item?
Black Hole Targeter's MK-1 Vibroknife ; Added in Patch 1.2 ; 50 Black Hole Commendations

I worte a Ticket and i got this answer (in a short way)......" sorry we cannot tell you why there is no vibroknife for black hols coms.....we cannot give you a spoiler because that kills the gameplay...."

In a lot of different Databases MK-1 Vibroknifes exist, so have they been forgotten in 1.2 ???

Xanikk
05.08.2012 , 07:43 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamizuka View Post
Hi,

a lot of clases can buy an offhand for 50 black hole coms. Generator, Focus and Shields..... all the offhands which are not modifiable. Vibroknifes for a Sniper is just a stat-holder. No Sniper uses the knife because you must stand in melee range.

Where is i.e. this item?
Black Hole Targeter's MK-1 Vibroknife ; Added in Patch 1.2 ; 50 Black Hole Commendations

I worte a Ticket and i got this answer (in a short way)......" sorry we cannot tell you why there is no vibroknife for black hols coms.....we cannot give you a spoiler because that kills the gameplay...."

In a lot of different Databases MK-1 Vibroknifes exist, so have they been forgotten in 1.2 ???
I can't beileve they forgot that. Heres a bump for you!

Tasahof
05.18.2012 , 06:59 AM | #3
Another bump, these are still not in game! Please add the MK-1 Vibroknives (and variants for heals, DPS and snipers). I'm running out of things to buy with my black hole comms!

~Taz

MWidowmaker
05.18.2012 , 09:46 AM | #4
they probably made them drops only which is stupid

JamesMartinez
05.21.2012 , 07:54 AM | #5
Scoundrels shotgun isnt for sale either

rommelrommel
05.22.2012 , 04:38 AM | #6
No shotgun because you can swap barrels from OH to MH I am guessing, and no VK because agent mirrors smuggler.
Ahazi/SHDWS/rommelrommel/Pechorin/Patton/Resdog-msm

Wulffion
05.22.2012 , 05:02 AM | #7
Shotguns don't have barrels (or any other modification). They are exactly the same as vibroknifes.

Chaqen
05.22.2012 , 01:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
No shotgun because you can swap barrels from OH to MH I am guessing, and no VK because agent mirrors smuggler.
Even if you could swap out the barrel, couldn't they code it, for it is tied to your Off-hand only; similar to the armourings being tied to the type of gear they were pulled out of?

Tamizuka
05.22.2012 , 06:26 PM | #9
Shotguns are the same like vibroknifes.
imperial agent = vibroknife
republic smuggler heal = shotgun

yes i think the point is that is use a vibroknife just as a stat-holder, for me itīs wayne that the knife has 200-350 (for example) melee dmg. i donīt use it as a sniper ^^
but an imp agent melee use it a lot, and i think that is the point.
btw the versions of MK-1 doesnt drop in denova, just MK-2 /MK-3 /MK-4 and Campagne Token.

So what i want is a vibroknife for 50 black hole comms as a stat holder for my sniper, like MK-1 shield generator or focus.
one night i talked via chat with the support and we will tell this to a special agent in the house....we will see...

Wulffion
05.23.2012 , 02:34 AM | #10
No!
Even for an operative it's just a stat stick. I have no idea why BW put a damage range or the "only used by special attacks"-note on vibroknifes and shotguns.
In fact it does the same as a generator or a focus: it adds tech/force power. You can actually use shiv and backstab without a vibroknife equiped.