Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment slot on all gear 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Augment slot on all gear 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alxandria
05.18.2012 , 10:51 AM | #141
Holy Answers Huntman!

Thanks!

Efour
05.18.2012 , 10:58 AM | #142
So Artificers dont get a look in on this new goodness? or is it sabres and no trade relics?

ehtom
05.18.2012 , 11:05 AM | #143
What happens to my current augmented gear? Will it all break because it is now too low level to accept lv49 augments??

Teefal
05.18.2012 , 11:08 AM | #144
Thank you very much for the specific and detailed answers.

I personally think BioWare is doing a great job responding to the community.

Girltank
05.18.2012 , 11:19 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
Augment slots can be upgraded. It's substantially more valuable to crit a level 50 crafted orange because it gets the high tier augment, and you're spending the higher tier materials on that item. Crit crafting lower level items does not provide as much of a bonus, because you'll want to upgrade the slot if you use it at higher level. It's also cheap to create the lower level items.

What will happen with old gear? What will happen with augments already in old give if all lowbie gear get's changed to not be able to hold them?

I know I spent too many credits on augmented gear without consideration to lv, but to appearance. I'm wondering if I'm gonna pay for it.

TylerTrojan
05.18.2012 , 11:43 AM | #146
Just wanted to say thank you for the awesome answers

I believe I speak for almost everyone when I say that this type of response is greatly appreciated, and we would like to see even more of it going forward, especially on hot-button issues such as Server Transfers, as soon as y'all know enough to be able to give the info out.

Thanks!

DavidHunt
05.18.2012 , 11:57 AM | #147 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ehtom View Post
What happens to my current augmented gear? Will it all break because it is now too low level to accept lv49 augments??
Your gear will have MK-6 slots. Here's how it works.

Existing augments will update to require a specific augment slot MK#. Any augmented item will have the greater of these two applied:

1) The crafted item's natural augment MK
2) The inserted augment's required MK

If you have level 10 items with level 50 augments, they will have MK-6 augment slots. If you have the same item without an augment inserted, it will have a MK-1 augment slot (same as if you crafted it after the patch).

NermalDetonator
05.18.2012 , 11:59 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by ehtom View Post
This. Also will I have to re-install an augment kit on any of the organges I crit pre 1.3? For example, I wear augmented nylite robes at 50. They are lower level, because frankly, your higher level robe armor is hideous. I'll now need to put in higher end augment kit?

This basically kills crit synthweaving, robes at least. No one wants the upper level robes, with spikes, tubes and 5 feet of shoulder pad blade sticking out. The simple black and red robes of lower levels were pretty much the only sellers... perhaps if you opened up the oranges to many of the skins already in game in green/companion gear we might have a place at least making base oranges you cant get elsewhere.

After this, it looks like we're just augment makers, and churning out trash belts/bracers to grind into kits (since the system doesn't weight what you grind into augment kits).

Glzmo
05.18.2012 , 12:16 PM | #149
4.5k-50k depending on tier.
A 50000 credit credit sink for the highest tier sounds a tad too expensive, especially for casual players that don't want to spend their limited online time grinding credits and instead do something fun instead. How much will getting an augment slot for a piece of cool appearance gear cost in the end? 50000 credits + cost of the kit + cost of the augment? That's may be well over 200000 credits per item on many servers. Considering many players struggle to even have that amount of credits, it seems way overpriced.

Currently, it's even hard for the casual player to keep up with repair and mod removal costs, let alone spend credits on anything else. I suggest you seriously reconsider and don't add another huge, unfun credit sink that punishes the casual player.

In my opinion, there is no need for an additional credit sink to apply an augment slot. The cost of the crafted items required should cover it perfectly fine.

Existing augments will update to require a specific augment slot MK#. Any augmented item will have the greater of these two applied:

If you have level 10 items with level 50 augments, they will have MK-6 augment slots. If you have the same item without an augment inserted, it will have a MK-1 augment slot (same as if you crafted it after the patch).
That's just stupid. The already augmented items should convert to a MK-6 slot, no matter if they have an augment in them or what tier it is. Many players have spend huge amounts of credits to get an augmented orange item (which are mostly low level, because they tend to look the best and most Star-Warsy) and now they will have to add another 50k + cost of an augment kit + cost of an augment on top of that? Stupid move, which once again, punishes the more casual players without huge amounts of credits.

It's a pity that Bioware always seems to cater only to the most hardcore players and leave the large part of the player base that are more casual standing in the rain.

ProfessorWalsh
05.18.2012 , 12:17 PM | #150

So, you are saying that we should go ahead and put the highest level augments in *right now* so when the patch hits they will all be max level already?

I ask because I use a very low level piece of gear on my Jedi Sentinel (low level orange with augment slot) with the purple augment and the mods from my Battlemaster chest because it is one of the few pieces of gear I have found that look like something a Jedi Sentinel would wear.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind