Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment slot on all gear 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Augment slot on all gear 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kosef
05.08.2012 , 05:23 PM | #1
So...what will be the point of crafters now. Why allow any and everyone to just use an augment table to get augment slot. They could have simply allowed crafters to create an augment kit, that could be traded/sold, that a player could then in turn take to a augment table and use...but no. Lets just make it free so that crafting sucks more than it does now.
Jung Ma: The Sicarii Legacy
EMPIRE:[Korvah-Mara][Kraven-Merc][Kosef-Sorc]

Forgon
05.08.2012 , 05:28 PM | #2
Let us hear the full report on this before going crazy. As far as I am aware, they did want crafters involved so probably the materials or whatever to add an augment slot to a type of gear requires a synthweaver or an armormech to add it so crafters will still be viable and a lot of that gear now that we make that does not crit craft will then actually have the capability to be augmented so we can still viably sell it.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Lymain
05.08.2012 , 05:48 PM | #3
If it costs 5 million credits to add the augment slot for each peice of gear, crafters will still be useful

We have no way of knowing how the change will play out, yet.

Flying-Brian
05.08.2012 , 05:52 PM | #4
At this point, just bring out the tables and let it be done with.

The post 1.2 crafting is a joke. The demand (at least on my server) for armor with an augment spot is almost 0%, and unless they are almost given away they don't sell on the GTN. There were no new schematics added. So all those different sets of orange armor that I did want to craft for an augment spot, I'm not able to.

Once they add augment tables in 1.3, I'll be able to set up the sets of armor I want to use for pve/pvp, have the look I want and will then drop armormech right away for biochem, since it's the only craft skill that still matters. I'd drop it now, but still need to make a few more augmented sets for alts and guild members.

Schwasted
05.08.2012 , 06:29 PM | #5
A joke? Dude I have made so much money by people who know how to use the gear. L2Economy

This augment slot will be awesome for crafted items as well. If you don't crit you can just throw it on the block. Saves from having to make 4 to just get 1 augmented.
Xerox LVL 50 Smuggler
Illin LVL 32 Sentinal
Shewill level 11 Sorc

Projawa
05.08.2012 , 06:37 PM | #6
They could design it so that for example, the process of adding an augment slot to a lightsaber requires an augment kit that only artificers can make.

Sithhelmet
05.08.2012 , 06:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Schwasted View Post
A joke? Dude I have made so much money by people who know how to use the gear. L2Economy

This augment slot will be awesome for crafted items as well. If you don't crit you can just throw it on the block. Saves from having to make 4 to just get 1 augmented.
How much? Really. How much?

And do you really think that people are going to buy the ugly armor we have now to put augments in later? Aside from one or two medium armors, what we can make now is ugly as sin- it looks like a Goodwill with a fresh supply of hand-me-down potato sacks, and since we can't make boots and gloves it's an even uglier mishmash, while low level flashpoints have full sets of matching armor. PvP vendors have full sets of matching armor. Legacy vendors have full sets of matching armor- including belts and wrists.

Unless the Underworld Trading plans that were supposed to show up in 1.2 include gloves and boots and a serious upgrade on looks, no one's going to buy our stuff, Sunshine. They'll go right to the money sink table and put on their own augment slots.

As far as saying nothing and waiting to see what happens, by then it will be too late. We need to know ahead what this is going to do to crew skills.

GnatB
05.08.2012 , 07:43 PM | #8
I'm actually a little leery now too. They *said* that the means of adding augment slots wouldn't devalue crafters, but something about the phrasing used in the podcast made it seem like it didn't involve crafters in any way, which would DRAMATICALLY devalue crafters.

venomlash
05.08.2012 , 07:51 PM | #9
What would be good?
Each crafting skill can make augmentation kits, all of which will require rare materials. (Maybe Rakata Energy Nodes, maybe Alien Data cubes, maybe Biometric Crystal Alloy, maybe Enriched Durasteel/Perfect Upari Crystal.) These kits will be skill-specific; Armormech kits can only add slots to tech armor, Armstech kits to tech weapons, Artifice kits to lightsabers, relics, and offhand wieldables, Synthweaving kits to Force armor, Cybertech kits to earpieces, and Biochem kits to implants. (Maybe even different kinds of kits for different kinds of items; Armstechs would make different kits for different kinds of weapon, Synthweavers would make different kits for different armor slots, et cetera.) They will not bind on pickup, but are consumed upon use. The schematics for these augmentation kits would drop from Mission skills, or maybe instead from endgame content.
And to throw the PvPers a bone, maybe make it possible to craft Expertise augments.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Kosef
05.08.2012 , 08:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
What would be good?
Each crafting skill can make augmentation kits, all of which will require rare materials. (Maybe Rakata Energy Nodes, maybe Alien Data cubes, maybe Biometric Crystal Alloy, maybe Enriched Durasteel/Perfect Upari Crystal.) These kits will be skill-specific; Armormech kits can only add slots to tech armor, Armstech kits to tech weapons, Artifice kits to lightsabers, relics, and offhand wieldables, Synthweaving kits to Force armor, Cybertech kits to earpieces, and Biochem kits to implants. (Maybe even different kinds of kits for different kinds of items; Armstechs would make different kits for different kinds of weapon, Synthweavers would make different kits for different armor slots, et cetera.) They will not bind on pickup, but are consumed upon use. The schematics for these augmentation kits would drop from Mission skills, or maybe instead from endgame content.
And to throw the PvPers a bone, maybe make it possible to craft Expertise augments.
BW hire this man. I mean really it's that simple...of course..BW will do the complete opposite and somehow manage to make crafting worse than it already is....bet that,
Jung Ma: The Sicarii Legacy
EMPIRE:[Korvah-Mara][Kraven-Merc][Kosef-Sorc]