Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Faction Crafting different

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Faction Crafting different

Flaraza's Avatar


Flaraza
05.08.2012 , 04:15 PM | #1
Apparently synthweaving looks really different between factions, and wanted to know if there were any other major differences between crafting across factions? guessing armormech would be different?

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
05.08.2012 , 04:32 PM | #2
As I understand it, it isn't that synthweaving "looks different" across factions, but that armor looks different across factions.

The imperial and republic synthweavers/armormechs have the same recipies, just that when an imperial equips an item it will look different than when a republican equips it.

(P.S. Is it possible the Carbon Fiber headgear (lvl 49 defensive green schematics) has the wrong model for republic players? Every other part of that armor set is sort of brown robes, with orange/red/yellow "hard" points. The Carbon Fiber headgear "mask" is sort of black with dark red almost purple, and almost ornate looking filligree)

Darlgon's Avatar


Darlgon
05.08.2012 , 05:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
As I understand it, it isn't that synthweaving "looks different" across factions, but that armor looks different across factions.

The imperial and republic synthweavers/armormechs have the same recipies, just that when an imperial equips an item it will look different than when a republican equips it.

(P.S. Is it possible the Carbon Fiber headgear (lvl 49 defensive green schematics) has the wrong model for republic players? Every other part of that armor set is sort of brown robes, with orange/red/yellow "hard" points. The Carbon Fiber headgear "mask" is sort of black with dark red almost purple, and almost ornate looking filligree)
Soooo.. Mit Romney and Obama both wear the same Jedi robes and the look different in them due to their faction and alignment?

Sorry had to do it.. you did mean Republic, not republican...

Amalak's Avatar


Amalak
05.08.2012 , 08:16 PM | #4
He meant Pubes

Flaraza's Avatar


Flaraza
05.09.2012 , 04:13 AM | #5
so if i mail an item from the republic synthweaving list (to an empire character), it will change to the empire version?

ViridisDraco's Avatar


ViridisDraco
05.09.2012 , 04:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Flaraza View Post
so if i mail an item from the republic synthweaving list (to an empire character), it will change to the empire version?
yes, tested whit a mask who become a circlet
Tsarthai - Jedi Guardian - Officer of "Operation Edge"- The Progenitor
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Don't expect reason or logic to apply here, this is just one of the forms of SWTOR endgame:
- Flashpoints - Operations - Space - PvP - Forum ranting & trolling

Flaraza's Avatar


Flaraza
05.09.2012 , 05:09 AM | #7
Okay Sweet that saved me a lotta strife.
TYVM

Tickdoff-Tank's Avatar


Tickdoff-Tank
05.09.2012 , 08:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
Soooo.. Mit Romney and Obama both wear the same Jedi robes and the look different in them due to their faction and alignment?

Sorry had to do it.. you did mean Republic, not republican...
Cute joke

But "Republican" would be an accurate term for a devotee of the Republic. It just happens to be a word with a different connotations in our world.
"He uses statistics like a drunken man uses a lightpost: For support rather than Illumination." E. Lang

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
05.09.2012 , 10:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tickdoff-Tank View Post
Cute joke

But "Republican" would be an accurate term for a devotee of the Republic. It just happens to be a word with a different connotations in our world.

Democrat is a devotee of democracy, and Republican is a devotee of a Republic. Seeing as the U.S. is a Republic and not a Democracy, they should just get rid of all the democrats?



And P.S. I meant republican, as that would be the correct word to use. The state is a republic, republic is a form of government, but the actual people from that state/believers in that form of government would be republicans. Just like people from America aren't "Americas". They're "Americans".