Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH unfair offhand distribution

ragamer
05.08.2012 , 03:23 PM | #1
The issue is very simple...

...Any1 finds any valid reasson that justifies why Sentinels, Gunslingers & Scoundrels are forced to go systematically undergeared during their progress through EC?

I'm speaking about the fact they are the only ACs that can't buy an offhand (one of the most important upgrades for any class) direcly through BH commendations... They require direct drop tokens (Campaign).

You may think that in the case of Sentinels & Gunslingers it's to prevent dissassembling their offhand barrels to get their Main Hand upgraded but... Scoundrel Shotguns are basically Shields with Base damage and can't be dissassembled...

...Why barrels do not come in Main Hand and Off Hand versions to prevent this (As BH/CA armorings now are bound to the slot they are extracted from)?

Any1 else finding this highly unfair for those 3 ACs?

Freeborne
05.08.2012 , 03:29 PM | #2
You are saying that, as a Commando, I can buy my Campaign Offhand Power Generator using Black Hole Commendations?
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

vertigo_
05.08.2012 , 03:32 PM | #3
mercs cannot get offhand or mainhand through black hole coms. I dont care, because I just move the barrel / mods from the off hand that drops on storm caller into my main hand.

vertigo_
05.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
You are saying that, as a Commando, I can buy my Campaign Offhand Power Generator using Black Hole Commendations?
No, you can buy a black hole shield generator. which is similar to the campaign off hand.

ragamer
05.08.2012 , 03:43 PM | #5
Quote:
First I will highlight 2 concepts:

- BH stands for Black Hole.

- And while progressing in general you don't have access to the gear the current Boss drops.

After reading the above 2 points... Think what would you do with your 1st 50 BH Commendations as commando and then... Go and check if a member of the 3 AC I mention have the same options as you.

And now, please, reread my post... I hope you understand what I mean.

(Additionally, as a personal advice, you should really check the BH offhand as Commando DPSers are in the same situation as DPS Shadows... Were the BEST offhand is the BH power + surge, while the rest of generators, campaign included, are pure crap).

EDIT: This was from Rep side... So I guess that for Empire you can add Mercs into this whole bussiness also.

vertigo_
05.08.2012 , 03:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ragamer View Post
After reading the above 2 points... Think what would you do with your 1st 50 BH Commendations as commando and then... Go and check a member of the 3 AC has the same options as you.

And now, please, reread my post... I hope you understand what I mean.

EDIT: This was from Rep side... So I guess that for Empire you can add Mercs into this whole bussiness also.
I know what you are saying. Bioware should not give black hole off hands to duel wielders, because their off hand is much more beneficial than non-duel wielders off hands. If they did give us that, the 3 classes you mentioned would be at a disadvantage. I am just happy I can move my off hand barrels into my main hand, dont rock the boat man lol.

ragamer
05.08.2012 , 03:59 PM | #7
Quote:
because their off hand is much more beneficial than non-duel wielders off hands
You are wrong about this... The main effect of the offhand slot is the Tech/Force power increase, additionally, ALL Dual wielders have attacks that use MH Base Damage OR Offhand Base damage (That's why "combined" shots/attacks that use BOTH come with the extra penalty to accuracy)... The best example of this situation is Scoundrel's Shoot First & Backblast that require an upgrade on your shotgun to see their damage going up (Scoundrels are not even affected by "Dual wield" penalties because they do not have combined attacks... They have MH or OH attacks... To agravate the situation Scoundrel OH attacks are very important on DPS output, for example).

So "dual-wielders" are in the same boat as every1 else because their mechanics take already into account this particular situation.

Jarwan
05.15.2012 , 04:43 AM | #8
As scoundrels, we already know that we're the hated orphan childs of this game. Our adopted parents (Bioware) don't like us that much and will do anything and everything to make our lives miserable. The thing about many of the scoundrel players is that they hold their chin up high and soldier on like a boss.
Solo Flashpoint Suggestion - Please join

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...56#post3393556