Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2.3 Zorn and Toth Melee

AznSolidus
05.08.2012 , 04:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Do you even read what you write?
Clearly you can't read and understand multiple points. Hes talking about pre and post patch. Fail at your own attempt to call someone illiterate. Not sure how this change actually affects the fight as we don't know exactly what the range numbers were before hand or whether it was strictly a cone or cone+short circular aoe.

It may require melee to be on zorn for most of the fight and switch to toth(4 total dps) pre 80 and 40 then switch back once the leap has been completed.

<Black Widow Company> - Jung Ma
Daend, CO of SWTOR Division

Mavery
05.08.2012 , 04:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AznSolidus View Post
Clearly you can't read and understand multiple points. Hes talking about pre and post patch. Fail at your own attempt to call someone illiterate. Not sure how this change actually affects the fight as we don't know exactly what the range numbers were before hand. It may require melee to be on zorn for most of the fight and switch to toth pre 70 and 30 then switch back once the leap has been completed.
I was not talking about pre-patch. I was talking about his hypothetical strategy.

So again, I can read. This really isn't hard.

alifaraaz
05.08.2012 , 04:59 PM | #13
We just killed them on 16m and to be honest, the mechanic was easier to deal with. Before people used to get it randomly despite claiming being over 25m. Now with people stacked at exactly 30m had no issues. People got it once or twice when either I moved Zorn a bit or they ****ed it. But there were no longer in explained fearfuls.

Also melee had no issue staying on Toth at all. I really don't understand what's to complain about. The mechanic only makes it tricky if you have more melee than ranged in the group.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

vertigo_
05.08.2012 , 05:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Do you even read what you write?
Reading comprehension man. Up until today, we have kept all ranged dps on Zorn, and never stopped dps. What I typed after that, was in relation to todays patch which I already stated I have not run yet.

alifaraaz
05.08.2012 , 05:06 PM | #15
We just killed them on 16m and to be honest, the mechanic was easier to deal with. Before people used to get it randomly despite claiming being over 25m. Now with people stacked at exactly 30m had no issues. People got it once or twice when either I moved Zorn a bit or they ****ed it. But there were no longer in explained fearfuls.

Also melee had no issue staying on Toth at all. I really don't understand what's to complain about. The mechanic only makes it tricky if you have more melee than ranged in the group.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Mavery
05.08.2012 , 05:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by vertigo_ View Post
Reading comprehension man. Up until today, we have kept all ranged dps on Zorn, and never stopped dps. What I typed after that, was in relation to todays patch which I already stated I have not run yet.
This is proof you didn't read what I said at all.

Let me make it perfectly clear: I did not accuse you of your DPSers halting DPS. It's completely illogical to suggest otherwise as I have no information about your group and how your group does things. What I did say was in your hypothetical strategy -- where you assert that non-Snipers/Gunslingers have to stop DPS -- is erroneous.

Read more carefully.

TrooperSev
05.08.2012 , 07:17 PM | #17
So, the only thing that you need to do is do a tank switch? How much harder is that? They already have to taunt the boss back, just make them taunt the other one now.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

TheRealCandyMan
05.08.2012 , 08:56 PM | #18
No. To elaborate, we keep melee on toth the whole fight, and have ranged follow zorn outside of 25 meters. With this new mechanic, non-sniper ranged will have to predict when toth is going to leap, and halt dps, and move outside of 30 meters while melee continues to dps). If we get it wrong, and get fearful, its pretty much a wipe. If dps does target swap, then melee will more than likely soak toth's leap damage, which is very hard to keep them up through.
What does it matter if meele gets fearful if they are on toth the entire time?
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

vertigo_
05.08.2012 , 09:47 PM | #19
We downed them without any issue. The patch notes state 30m for fearful, however staying outside of 25m noone got it. Not sure why the patch notes stated its max range was 30m.

pure_laced
05.08.2012 , 09:54 PM | #20
We downed them without any issue. The patch notes state 30m for fearful, however staying outside of 25m noone got it. Not sure why the patch notes stated its max range was 30m.
1 word. Hitbox.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter