Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Teefal
05.09.2012 , 06:42 AM | #51
Loved the podcast. I think Bioware is doing a great job. As a software developer, it's great to hear some of the behind-the-scenes stuff, like their approach to feature teams, etc.

For all the QQ'ers ... we *hear* you already, as I'm sure they do too. Seriously, my 6-year-old has more restraint when it comes to repeating "I want this, I want that." Server transfers are coming early summer, ranked warzones are coming "soon", and it seems like both are coming before 1.3.

MrSIlverSurfing
05.09.2012 , 06:58 AM | #52
What supprises me about this game/development team is they actually think anything in 1.3 is what we want? If they think this is what we want they are seriously more out of touch then I originally thought.

MrSIlverSurfing
05.09.2012 , 07:01 AM | #53
Honestly sounds like the augment thing is very very very similar to what they have in Tera. Hey if it works use it. Thats what Microsoft did.

Bonezmccoy
05.09.2012 , 07:39 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Lagerfiend View Post
Another vote for RSS link please!!
Aye, an throw my voice in fer yonder shores of iTunes and a sturdy sail about me old ship, the RSS Feedburner!

(It's pirate week where I live. No, really)
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. Unless there are purples involved. Then it's totally OK.
- Excerpt from "The Jedi Code, SWTOR Edition"

LarryRow
05.09.2012 , 07:42 AM | #55
Our inability to get endgame characters on PTS without having to fully grind them out is what is hindering the testing of new releases. Sure, you manually copied a few guilds over, but as we have seen time and again, it takes a much larger sample size to catch a lot of the issues. Right now the choices are:

1. manually copied guilds and people who ground out a level 50 on PTS
2. The game's full population after a patch goes live.

Ganjimon
05.09.2012 , 08:25 AM | #56
ohh wow no wonder game is complete crap, yet again you have devs in complete disconnect from what actually happens in game .

CKNairb
05.09.2012 , 09:40 AM | #57
Galbatorixx -
Quote:
Yeah, because they didn't give any useful info to current subscribers, like how the LFG will work and also the tidbit about being able to add an augment slot to any moddable piece.
Yea I'll file that with all the talk of Rated Warzones in 1.2. As well as host of other things EA/Bioware has changed at last minute, or without telling the population that it changed

I stand by my opinion of the podcast is nothing more then marketing
Blighton
Sith Assassin

metalgearyoda
05.09.2012 , 09:45 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Eric Musco and I, along with Brooks Guthrie are happy to bring you episode one of the official Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ podcast, “Rocket Boots”. You can listen by using the embedded player, by downloading and listening on your preferred MP3 player, or check it out on our YouTube channel.

In this episode, we sit down with Daniel Erickson and Damion Schubert to talk about what we saw in Game Update 1.2 and what we can expect as we look forward to Game Update 1.3. Also, David Bass stops by to tell us about how things went at PAX East and share some of our convention plans for the rest of the year. If you have any questions or comments about the show, feel free to let us know in this forum thread.

Thanks for listening!

Read more.
Thank you for the info and updates.

Really happy about the up coming changes.

Very excited about the group finder.

My only question about it is; will it work as a queue system like WoW third iteration of group finder or like a lobby like WoWs second iteration of group finder?
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

grandmthethird
05.09.2012 , 09:51 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZaul View Post
LOL That was a total oversight. Guess they expect us to just use legacy respec and make everyone wait 10 mins while we move our UI around.
i think this is in preparation for duel spec, which we know is coming in the future
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

DavidBass
05.09.2012 , 09:55 AM | #60 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Great to hear this podcast. Was a little disappointed to hear you won't be going to RTX this year. I would figure that you would, considering both Bioware and Rooster Teeth are in Austin, and members of the TOR team have been on the RT podcast.
The events I mentioned on the podcast are just the ones we've committed to so far. We're still looking into returning to RTX, especially since it's right next door to us. At the very least, I'll be there on my own. Come say hi! I'll bring Taun Fawn codes!