Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Schwasted
05.08.2012 , 06:27 PM | #31
Awesome! Keep these going. I really enjoyed hearing the mindset of the creators.
Xerox LVL 50 Smuggler
Illin LVL 32 Sentinal
Shewill level 11 Sorc

Dezzi
05.08.2012 , 06:41 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by farfulnugen View Post
I'm kinda glad I didn't resub. This free month, I've logged on maybe like 3 times so far.

I cringe every time BW gets 'excited' about a new feature. "Oh I can't wait to talk about 1.4! It's gonna be awsome!" ... it's like, yeah, you said that about 1.2 too and it was a HUGE let down. You know a game is very dull when players and BW get excited about a guild bank feature. It just means it lacks everything else.

I don't pretend to know what goes into making a game...and I'm sure BW works very hard on this game. But anything that comes out of BW's mouth has to be taken with a grain of salt....cause you know the feature isn't going to be as awsome as they say its' going to be :P
Bingo. When they start using adjectives, it's time to put on your skeptic goggles.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Aloro
05.08.2012 , 06:49 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by thedrumchannell View Post
There are XP perks for PvP,
There are XP perks for Flashpoints,
There are XP perks for Space

Why are there no XP perks for personal story content?
At a guess, I'd say it's because all the stuff you CAN get the exp boosts for is repeatable content. With the exception of heroics, story content is not repeatable.

Mhorham
05.08.2012 , 06:58 PM | #34
sounds mostly like diluted game systems and a loss of direction to me. I smell the slide to ftp right around the corner with this much focus on trying to please Everyone and Anyone they can drag into the game.

Not preaching doom and gloom here. Just coming to the realization that the mmo landscape has forever changed from the premium gaming experience I enjoyed a decade ago, to a competition for the generalized mass audience. Honestly I have no crafting endgame and less coming with buying augment slots. And there is NO open world pvp in sight which pretty much kills doing anything but grinding gear progression in instances (WZ or OpS). Those are representational of multiplayer games like BF3 and Counter Strike. They do not take into account Open Persistent worlds that are THE defining feature of MMO's. The game is totally dependent on little segmented instances of 8-16 people.

bostonfnord
05.08.2012 , 07:08 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by farfulnugen View Post
I cringe every time BW gets 'excited' about a new feature. "Oh I can't wait to talk about 1.4! It's gonna be awsome!" ... it's like, yeah, you said that about 1.2 too and it was a HUGE let down. You know a game is very dull when players and BW get excited about a guild bank feature. It just means it lacks everything else.

Countless years of design and 5 months after launch and they're talking about how people will soon be able to wear what they want... Oh what a novel idea for a video game. I'm so excited

LtGeneralGezlin
05.08.2012 , 07:51 PM | #36
Great to hear this podcast. Was a little disappointed to hear you won't be going to RTX this year. I would figure that you would, considering both Bioware and Rooster Teeth are in Austin, and members of the TOR team have been on the RT podcast.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

TalkingDinosaur
05.08.2012 , 07:55 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by bostonfnord View Post

Countless years of design and 5 months after launch and they're talking about how people will soon be able to wear what they want... Oh what a novel idea for a video game. I'm so excited
Prepare for PvP matches where 3/4 players in the warzone have a bikini.

Next level eye candy. Female Jedi in bikinis fighting Female Sith in bikinis.

DEAL WITH IT
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

UnmarkedFaith
05.08.2012 , 07:57 PM | #38
They quite simply wasted 5 minutes of my time. A lot of Whooo but no Whoaa.... MC FLY! HELLO MC FLY!!!

These dudes need a reality check, YOUR GAME IS DYING! FIX SERVERS! O.M.F.G. !!!

MrSIlverSurfing
05.08.2012 , 08:01 PM | #39
The more feedback and communication that I see the happier the customer base will be. Customers want to be heard and not dismissed. If not they get to the point of irrational rage. lol

PS: I want my merc back or I'm gonna go Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde on your a $$

Deewe
05.08.2012 , 08:38 PM | #40
Read the podcast and that's saddening.

So the biggest feature in 1.3 would be the LFG tool and tanks in bikinis. Seriously?

Tell me how can a player be really exited about a tool to find others players when their server are empty and they won't be able to find others to do (non instanced) content with that?

Also players certainly never asked for tanks in bikini. Personally I don't mind but you are doing a mistake here.

Then we have the rocket boots venting. Do you guys realize Jedi flying around with rocket boots looks silly too?
It doesn't feels SW, nor looks like SW and doesn't even smells SW. This isn't a comic game but a SW based MMO.

Let's speak about the plague event. Seems you found it fun the plague was used to gank people preventing them to trade their tokens and grief others on non PvP servers. Then I see you forgot how you removed the vendor at the end of the event with less than a day announcement. This contrary to the overwhelming request made by the players.

The more I read about the direction of the game the less I understand.

How come you guys could possibly keep sabotaging the game?
- You aren't fixing the main issues
- You aren't trying to make the game feels nor looks like SW
- You aren't adding content

All players with half a brain can feel how much the servers are empty.
Even with all the free weeks and months given away you lost 24% of players in 2 months.
You are bleeding out subs at a rate of over 150k per month and it'll get worse with all the games about to launch.

Even EA is downplaying TOR from its top licence out of the top 5. Don't you guys don't realize that you if don't add end content, world PvP and fix the engine you're going to have to look for a new job fast?

I'm sorry to say so but the game needs a new direction. It can still be salvaged but you're about to pass the no return milestone. And even the miracle space combat upgrade won't be able to save the game.
MMO are like buildings and your foundations are not even up to others AAA MMO. Games that had less time and at least 3 times less budget you had to build TOR.