Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want Pve gear without killing bosses

Codek
05.08.2012 , 02:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by zyphre View Post
only giving winners gear seems to work in pve
Well, considering PvE is player vs bot (you know, the thing that doesn't change it's tactic and really should be easy to kill to begin with) I see no problem with that.

PvP being player vs player, adds that aspect of randomness into it so a win may not even be possible depening on what the match-up is like. Without offering a minimal reward to the loser, this problem would just avalanche out of control. Winners will get stronger and those left be hind get more of a disadvantage.

When you die in PvE the boss doesn't get harder the next time around.
~Codek

ragamer
05.08.2012 , 03:11 PM | #12
Quote:
Well, considering PvE is player vs bot[...]When you die in PvE the boss doesn't get harder the next time around.
The typical PvP mumbo jumbo about "unpredictability", etc...

No I don't want to have the "loot piņata" PvP is on this game on PvE... I want to be rewarded for execution and effort and coming home with a good repair bill if I fail...

...Not to pretend you do something (To avoid AFK kick) and then grind your way to success without actually having to bother to perform on your activity.

But it's the kind of PvP player SWTOR is catering to... The ones lacking the will to dedicate any energies to get anything acomplished (That's why you can also laugh hard at the "requirements" to craft PvP augmented gear... Compared to gear for PvE which is basically a tribute to how much the Devs expect PvP players to get "involved" into anything else than sit there waiting for the next queue to pop up).

I just demand that PvP gear got in the "loot piņata" invest more item budget into expertise (And expertise effect improved) so it becomes weaker on PvE so, in turn, I don't need to deal with "PvP heros" that may think their "hard earned" gear can get them into any form of high-end PvE.

It will be very important so when 1.3 anonymous Dungeoneering arrives... The PvP dressed players underperform as badly in PvE dressed ones do ATM on WZ... Because ofc, they can't believe that lacking any kind of practice on PvE encounters have any impact on the outcome of their runs and... We don't want to mix gear between activities, right?

Mavery
05.08.2012 , 03:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
Yes let's make it so only the winners in PvP receive the rewards. that way only the good players can receive the advantage to win the next time around! I'm sure the rest will continue to enjoy that unfair advantage, with little hope of reaching that goal themselves.....
This. This. This.

Can you imagine how unfair it would be to reward the #1 overall pick to the Super Bowl Champions? Or when the offense scores a touchdown they get the ball back?

This isn't about "rewarding for losing." It has everything to do with giving people a chance to catch up, so they're not routinely rolled by people who have vastly more expertise.
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

Wickedr
05.08.2012 , 04:09 PM | #14
You can get people to RE the campaign gear and buy it, or you can do dailies to get the black hole gear slowly.

KorinHyvek
05.08.2012 , 04:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by zyphre View Post
only giving winners gear seems to work in pve
Because PvP and PvE are fundamentally different systems, and trying to make the two identical just leaves you with a horrible, horrible mess. You really shouldn't call finishing an Operation winning at all, because that implies someone actually lost.

PvP is a true competition. PvE is not. I'm not arguing the merits of one system or the other (You also can't win in a PnP RPG, but that doesn't detract from their merits).
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

TrooperSev
05.08.2012 , 07:21 PM | #16
So what op is saying is that the only way he can win is by having better gear and not by skill. Yeah, gear makes you a leet pvper.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."