Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SPOILERS!!! Darth jadus question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
SPOILERS!!! Darth jadus question

Eraus
12.21.2011 , 09:31 AM | #21
I just finished the fight 30 minutes ago. Sniper lvl 30, it was very hard (I died at least 10 times). As stated before you really have to use your interrupts. Most of his damage comes from casting.

SpectreVII
12.21.2011 , 10:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eraus View Post
I just finished the fight 30 minutes ago. Sniper lvl 30, it was very hard (I died at least 10 times). As stated before you really have to use your interrupts. Most of his damage comes from casting.
Haha, that's hilarious, because I beat him 30 minutes ago too(And reserved my first choice of Legacy Name- Solus ).

I died about five times throughout all those fights. The thing that I learned is exactly what others have said. His blue bar starts filling up slowly, use an interrupt cause that one ability is going to take off half your health. You have 3(4?) interrupt abilities, make sure to spread them out through each fight. Also, be sure to carry a few Trauma packs, those helped immensely when we were both down to sub 10% health, I pop one and suddenly I have enough health to defeat him. Also, remember that you have a heal ability, albeit a annoying one. Advanced Recon, the ability you can only use with a companion, heals you for 3% of max health every 3s for about a minute, and as long as you use it before your health gets too low, it works wonders in a long fight.

Crawler
12.21.2011 , 11:39 AM | #23
he was ... ehem pathetic? well im operative but i only died once when was trying to heal my companion .. then just kited him slow and los when he is about to finish his nuke...
Honestly said he was easier from phase to phase as he just got bigger hits with bigger cast time so easier to avoid.

Shuno
12.22.2011 , 12:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by dudafett View Post
truth is kaliyo is a terrible tank, and that we don't get any other tank companion
She's best as a sniper not used as a tank, turn on her aggressive mode to make full use of her and she rocks.

Vector in either of his stances is quite good as well although he doesn't hold aggro at all, but in this particular fight it doesnt seem to matter

SWG Euro Farstar
----------

Auru
12.22.2011 , 04:10 PM | #25
As a lethality specced Operative, I kited him around the room between the consoles while Vector wailed on him from behind.. whenever my stun was up i'd get in close and burst as much damage as I could before resuming my running away

Wasn't too hard, but it was a trial and error thing till it worked

Sinemetu
12.22.2011 , 05:48 PM | #26
I was a lvl 30 medic when I fought him, and it was pretty brutal. I kited him from where he started all the way out and down the hallway and back and forth until he died. Basically, I would use all my short cooldowns like flashbang and debilitate and then run, using kolto probe on myself and kaliyo to get health back up. After you kill him the first time, he comes back a couple times, but he''s not as hard. The final time I didn''t really have to kite him at all.
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.

Teykos
12.22.2011 , 07:36 PM | #27
Fought Jadus as a Medicine specced 30/31 Medic, and had Kaliyo.

Kaliyo went down after a lot of spam healing, but I kept the fight around the computer terminals with the glass displays for an easy way to break line of sight. That dropped Jadus to ~30%. I didn't keep Kaliyo's gear up very well, and have a feeling that if I did, that first step would have been less painful. Then I spammed Rifle Shot and did hit and runs around the glass displays unless Incapacitate was up -- which meant Backstab->Shiv and ****. I saved Flashbang for desperate healing situations if I got whittled down too much, and used Distraction as the primary interrupt for his really nasty long casting attack.

I forgot to revive Kaliyo for the second fight so don't know how she would have done, but it was more of the same tactics as before, except I interrupted the really long channeled heal first. And I realized I forgot to accept some quest rewards and leveled up in the process. Once the third time rolled around though, Kaliyo had -no- problems tanking him at all. I could just toss a probe on her to keep her up with no issue.

Moriadan
12.24.2011 , 12:03 PM | #28
Phase 2 is by far and away the hardest part, but if you interrupt his long cast bar spell it became easy. Just kite the best you can, I used Kaliyo, and got through it. You have 2 interrupts, must use them both. He can even get the heal off if you stop the long cast force lightning effect. By far and away the hardest fight I have seen yet.

tfong
12.24.2011 , 12:16 PM | #29
Or you could join him....why you being a goody goody agent?:P

Serenator
12.24.2011 , 04:34 PM | #30
I'd just like to thank people for the advice on this thread.

I'm an operative and had an awful time trying to do this fight on level 28. The thing that worked for me was chaining Kilyo from tank to dps and then LoS'ing his casts.