Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Warzone Daily Mission

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New Warzone Daily Mission
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

islander
05.08.2012 , 10:46 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by AmundS View Post
Warzone daily missions changed from 3 wins to 6 played. While this might sound like a good idea it's really not. This encourages people to not bother winning. I've seen this already in the Warzones played today, after 2 minutes in Civil War where the enemy got two turrets 80% of the team just stood at our one turret to get the medals, because their daily would count anyways.

Please stop rewarding people for showing up.
On most serveres these days, no one is showing up as it is.
Anything that promotes more people showing up is welcome by me. Maybe my queue will drop from 20 minutes most of the day to 15.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DavidBass
05.08.2012 , 10:53 AM | #32 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
This was indeed a change that was missed in the patch notes. We apologize for this and are working to add it in shortly.

With this change, daily Warzone missions now require "6 played matches," however any win in a Warzone counts as 2 "played matches". This still provides a solid incentive for you to win, but also allows players who lose matches to progress their daily mission by participating.

Feztonio
05.08.2012 , 10:56 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Illyean View Post
failing to fix fail by adding fail until it fails some more is just FAIL!

OMG this makes genius sense. would make a mean mission statement for say... a game developer?
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Feztonio
05.08.2012 , 10:58 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
On most serveres these days, no one is showing up as it is.
Anything that promotes more people showing up is welcome by me. Maybe my queue will drop from 20 minutes most of the day to 15.
It makes main quest progression easier though.. remember when the que would pop every 3 seconds back in the day? you'd spend all your time having fun pvp'ing but never get your quest done. now i can level and run my alts through the content while in the que and when it pops finally like 30 minutes later i can do my wz, then back to the leveling.

no more pvp all the time
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

XAsymptote
05.08.2012 , 11:04 AM | #35
Dear Bioware -

Please accept my application for an internship. I would be more than willing to go from office to office to collect changes that are being implemented in the next patch, write them down on a piece of paper, and post them to your website. If you would like, I would also be willing to log into a test server and confirm that these changes are actually in the game. The amount of face and fan goodwill this would save you is priceless.

AmundS
05.08.2012 , 11:19 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
This was indeed a change that was missed in the patch notes. We apologize for this and are working to add it in shortly.

With this change, daily Warzone missions now require "6 played matches," however any win in a Warzone counts as 2 "played matches". This still provides a solid incentive for you to win, but also allows players who lose matches to progress their daily mission by participating.
You could've easily gone with a higher ratio of wins required though, being able to skip one WZ if you win is not really a solid incentive on a high population server.

I've seen some comments on how this isn't ranked WZs and you shouldn't really care if you win or lose, for some of us that usually only run in groups of four and take it semi-serious it's a pain when the other 4 decide to go AFK near an objective. It's not really an issue about getting gear quickly, but the pride of winning and knowing your entire team did well.

Tiresias
05.08.2012 , 11:25 AM | #37
So what you are saying is that I have a chance of actually completing my PvP daily mission every day now?

Because, you see, I have a job... and a wife... and interests outside of the game. Yet I have also decided to play on the Republic faction, which is constantly outgeared and frequently outnumbered in Warzones despite being on a server with a decent population.

I've seen the root of this problem by playing some alts on the Empire faction of my server. They get constant PvP queue pops. I rarely wait more than 3 minutes when playing Empire, and I almost always am playing Huttball, Voidstar, or Storm the Beach against other Empire players. Everyone's gear is around the same level, so the games tend to be close affairs that end in 100+ WZ comms regardless of whether my team wins or loses.

When I queue up as a Republic player I wait 10-15 minutes between games because there simply aren't enough people to run multiple teams except at primetime -- when I am getting home from work, cooking dinner, talking to my wife, etc. Then I get into a Warzone and we are frequently one or two players down. Then you have the gear disparity since the Empire is earning WZ comms so much faster from their constant queue pops.

Now, at least I can feel like I am working towards something on a daily basis. It has taken me as long as three days to complete the PvP daily in the past, largely because every WZ I went into we were down a player.

Thank you for this change Bioware. Everyone who is talking about "rewarding losing" likely plays Empire and doesn't understand what the underpopulated Republic factions have to contend with.

Frankly, if this keeps up I'll just switch to my Empire characters full-time. I can already play all but one WZ there.

Thorene
05.08.2012 , 12:06 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by AmundS View Post
You could've easily gone with a higher ratio of wins required though, being able to skip one WZ if you win is not really a solid incentive on a high population server.
Many people are not on a high population server and have to wait a reasonably long time to get into warzones. On low population servers you also don't have a lot of options about who you get to play with.

If you have a long wait time between warzones, and you get matched against a team that hugely outranks you, it can be pretty hard to win the requisite number of games. Though it's also particularly frustrating when you get into a really close match and lose say huttball 5-6.

While I agree with you that if you have very fast queues, the requirement to only play 6 games is a pretty lax requirement, most servers aren't high population servers. Just playing 6 games can take your whole evening if you have 20 minute queues between games.

Drudenfusz
05.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #39
I hoped they would change it to an amount of medals per day, but for the moment I am fine with the change, it's better than it was before where only winning counted.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

lexiekaboom
05.08.2012 , 01:02 PM | #40
Had his happened 5 months ago you would still have 1.7 million players, maybe more.

But hey, better late then never, AM I RIGHT!?