Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Warzone Daily Mission

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New Warzone Daily Mission
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AmundS
05.08.2012 , 08:36 AM | #1
Warzone daily missions changed from 3 wins to 6 played. While this might sound like a good idea it's really not. This encourages people to not bother winning. I've seen this already in the Warzones played today, after 2 minutes in Civil War where the enemy got two turrets 80% of the team just stood at our one turret to get the medals, because their daily would count anyways.

Please stop rewarding people for showing up.

jgoldsack
05.08.2012 , 08:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AmundS View Post
Warzone daily missions changed from 3 wins to 6 played. While this might sound like a good idea it's really not. This encourages people to not bother winning. I've seen this already in the Warzones played today, after 2 minutes in Civil War where the enemy got two turrets 80% of the team just stood at our one turret to get the medals, because their daily would count anyways.

Please stop rewarding people for showing up.
Wins count for 2 played matches. problem is, there is no way for them to know this because it isn't mentioned anywhere.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Terelius
05.08.2012 , 08:48 AM | #3
I think they should really start rewarding people for even logging in let alone queue up and bother to wait that long. Just plain showing up in a warzone is already kind of a blessing in my server. I just had a 5v8 in civill war. Its to the point where I almost dont see the point in logging in.

Frostvein
05.08.2012 , 08:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AmundS View Post
after 2 minutes in Civil War where the enemy got two turrets 80% of the team just stood at our one turret to get the medals, because their daily would count anyways.
And this is somehow worse then when the other team gets two turrets and 80% of the team just leaves?
Meanwhile, in Tera general chat -

"The sad thing is, arguing with fanbois on the forums was more entertaining than their 300 million dollar single player MMO from 2008"

Illyean
05.08.2012 , 08:51 AM | #5
failing to fix fail by adding fail until it fails some more is just FAIL!

TUXs
05.08.2012 , 08:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Illyean View Post
failing to fix fail by adding fail until it fails some more is just FAIL!
Strangely, that made sense to me.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Screaming_Ziva
05.08.2012 , 08:54 AM | #7
I don't really see why this is bad. No matter how good of a PvP'er you are, if you're not queuing up with 3 somewhat decent players, it can very possibly take you 10 matches to win your 3 for the day. Why punish people for other players lack of skill?

Soul_of_Flames
05.08.2012 , 08:54 AM | #8
I'd rather people join and not play than to not join at all.

The imperials on my server are afraid of this one Republic guild that has monopolized most of the good PVP players on their side. Being a Republic player myself, this is frustrating because every time we do get a PVP match, we always maul them like a lion that went without food for a week. It's bad incentive for the imperials to continue playing.

That's why I've only been in about 10 matches since 1.2 went down... and I've been trying really hard to get Battlemaster gear. It's really ruining my PVP experience.

BCBull
05.08.2012 , 08:55 AM | #9
This is the same type of logic that "fixed" Ilum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Greg Zoeller
Fixing requires technology that we currently do not have.

Screaming_Ziva
05.08.2012 , 08:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BCBull View Post
This is the same type of logic that "fixed" Ilum.
Why is getting people to play PvP actually a bad thing?