Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Armstech

Filodendron's Avatar


Filodendron
05.08.2012 , 06:46 AM | #1
This is probably the most useless crew skill in game atm. Not only it addresses about 25% of population (since 75% are jedi/sith) but even the mats required/schematic by this crew skill sell at GTN for slightly more than vendor price.

With all this i wonder why you gave grenades to Cybertech?

mjohnsonfhk's Avatar


mjohnsonfhk
05.08.2012 , 08:25 AM | #2
augments sell great

so do barrels. Im not sure what the fuss is all about. I think armstech is great post 1.2
Graviton - 50 - Powertech
Gravitus - 50 - Merc
VEN ZALLOW

Elboc's Avatar


Elboc
05.08.2012 , 08:27 AM | #3
Biggest thing they need to add is the schematics for war hero weapons so you can add augments to them. Then I will be happy.
Jt - Level 55 Mercenary - Rank 75 Valor
"Agent" Smth - Level 50 Sniper - Valor Rank 97
***The Untold Legacy*** The Bastion Server -"Founder"

Kellour's Avatar


Kellour
05.08.2012 , 10:28 AM | #4
I only just recently hit 400 in Armstech and the first thing I noticed was that unlike most other crafting Crew Skills, there was nothing that appeared to be at the "Rakata" level from the trainer - I'm sure it's been asked and answered months ago, but could someone explain how one goes about making higher end weapons with Armstech? Is it all schematics that drop in HMs and Ops? Seems like Barrels and Augments being our only real craftable items at 50 is a touch "Ho hum.."

JoyProtocol's Avatar


JoyProtocol
05.08.2012 , 10:44 AM | #5
Armstech is:
- The only reliable source of barrels. Barrels are used by 4/8 classes, and by a majority of companions (now that Techblades and Techstaves use barrels)

- The only current source of augmentable guns

- Produces augments not available to other crew skills

- The only reliable source for special off-hand weapons (Scatterguns, Vibroknives) and specialty companion weapons (less so with 1.2, but it's there)

I could keep going. I really love Armstech

EDIT: In terms of end-game benefit, you get end-game augments and augmentable guns.I don't believe you can craft end-game barrels as of yet.

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
05.08.2012 , 10:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Filodendron View Post
This is probably the most useless crew skill in game atm. Not only it addresses about 25% of population (since 75% are jedi/sith) but even the mats required/schematic by this crew skill sell at GTN for slightly more than vendor price.

With all this i wonder why you gave grenades to Cybertech?
1. At least on my server I'd disagree with 75% of the population being force users.
2. Even if 1 is true, ~90% of the companions use armstech barrels/weapons, and ALL the healer ones I'm aware of do.

wydrune's Avatar


wydrune
05.09.2012 , 06:37 PM | #7
I just unlocked the 3rd tier of my lvl 50 Vibroknife today, it was no small feat. And was astonished to see (probably shouldn't have been) that it was weaker in both damage and tech power than the "recruit" vibroknife from the pvp vendor.

So a rather large ammount of crafting materials & RE attempts < an 11k credit vendor freebie.

/sadface

Aphraell's Avatar


Aphraell
05.09.2012 , 06:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JoyProtocol View Post
Armstech is:
- The only reliable source of barrels. Barrels are used by 4/8 classes, and by a majority of companions (now that Techblades and Techstaves use barrels)

- The only current source of augmentable guns

- Produces augments not available to other crew skills

- The only reliable source for special off-hand weapons (Scatterguns, Vibroknives) and specialty companion weapons (less so with 1.2, but it's there)

I could keep going. I really love Armstech

EDIT: In terms of end-game benefit, you get end-game augments and augmentable guns.I don't believe you can craft end-game barrels as of yet.
My lev 25 alt can do all of the above... Could have done it at level 8 - but I decided to level a bit.

Serbegorn's Avatar


Serbegorn
05.09.2012 , 06:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Filodendron View Post
This is probably the most useless crew skill in game atm. Not only it addresses about 25% of population (since 75% are jedi/sith) but even the mats required/schematic by this crew skill sell at GTN for slightly more than vendor price.

With all this i wonder why you gave grenades to Cybertech?
They have the most popular augments. Crit, Fort and Surge.

Aphraell's Avatar


Aphraell
05.09.2012 , 07:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Serbegorn View Post
They have the most popular augments. Crit, Fort and Surge.
If your using those 3 augs. You are doing it wrong.

It does have Overkill(pwr). Best one for Armstech.