Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
still cant RE all orange crafted gear!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urdnaxela
05.08.2012 , 02:31 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Bem-de View Post
Does the future plans also include to be able to learn receipts like for example the republican dancer outfit via RE which is bop since its from the authenticator token vendor ?
Your sig says it all... lol
Proud member of the Red Zone .

Spuck
05.08.2012 , 02:39 PM | #52
So they told us that we'd be able to RE orange gear. They did not say "endgame only". Now, like various things before, they changed their tune and say "endgame only". *sigh* This is getting a bit on the ridiculous side.

GnatB
05.08.2012 , 02:50 PM | #53
Does the future plans also include to be able to learn receipts like for example the republican dancer outfit via RE which is bop since its from the authenticator token vendor ?
Unlikely, but we already know future plans incude the ability to add augments to anything, so learning the schematic isn't really needed. (and, in fact, we know this feature is at least scheduled for 1.3)

and just because you can RE, doesn't mean you can learn a schematic.

Spaj
05.08.2012 , 03:00 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items and social gear cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.
Thanks Allison. Thankfully everyone is more than ok with paying for best intentions.
Shanque

Zocat
05.08.2012 , 03:01 PM | #55
@AllisonBerryman: Thansk for clarification
@Urdnaxela: No harm done Miscommunication can happen

They said they want to implement other ways to bring augment slots to items. So I personally believe (! as in pure speculation from my side) they avoid the "double work" and implement those recipes. Critcrafting for augment slots is probably (again just my opinion) slowly phased out and we will gain other options to add augment slots (crafters crafting the way to add augments).
So basically: There will be ways to add augment slots to all those gear which we currently cannot craft. I personally believe it's not going to be via crit crafting but adding those augmentslots (which are probably crafted).

Tomisu
05.08.2012 , 04:03 PM | #56
I consider myself pretty patient, tolerant and understanding but this mess around which orange gear is and is not RE-able is ridiculous. It is pretty confusing and not at all intuitive in-game as to which is RE-able and then the communication clouds the matter further. *breathes out* Ok team, let's get it on the next try!

GnatB
05.08.2012 , 04:09 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Zocat View Post
So basically: There will be ways to add augment slots to all those gear which we currently cannot craft. I personally believe it's not going to be via crit crafting but adding those augmentslots (which are probably crafted).

I doubt they're going to be trivializing crit-crafting by removing it as the required method to get augment slots. My expectation is that the means of adding augment slots will in some fashion be a byproduct of crit crafting. Whether that means that when you crit craft something you also get an augmenter out, or whether reverse engineering something with an augment slot gives you (a chance at) an augmenter, or whether you specifically attempt to create an augmenter, and only succeed if you succeed at some form of a a "crit craft" check, and otherwise you lose said mats.

Crankyhobo
05.08.2012 , 04:15 PM | #58
I would suggest you stop referring to 'endgame' so people don't get confused. Rakata was 'endgame' until very recently and many still think of it as so (many also consider columi and battle-master 'endgame' ). But you cant get orange gear from that stuff.

Since its such a small list, just tell us exactly which sets of gear are impacted by a change, so that people don't go around destroying items for no reason. Its especially important where previous developer comments have set expectations which differ from what is being released.

Slurmez
05.08.2012 , 04:28 PM | #59
We have some more details about this patch note - this change made more Custom (orange) items available for reverse engineering, but it currently does not include crafted Custom items. We will be adding the ability to reverse engineer crafted Custom items in the future, but that functionality was not included in this change. Sorry for the confusion; we're updating the patch note right now.
lol

i like the way you make it sound like the patch notes were at fault as opposed to just more buggy junk going on live and not doing what they should

RichyYoung
05.08.2012 , 04:35 PM | #60
As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items and social gear cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.
This is rediculous, the sole reason people where complaining on the forums at the lack of RE orange gear and the reason it was "rushed" to patch was becuase we couldnt RE the left over ordinary orange... ie non Bh stuff...

95% of people havent even got 30 BH commendations let alone at the point when they need to RE left over orange crafted stuff..

Yet again its just constant miss communication and patches which dont deliver..

Its something so simple as lvl 20 orange lightsabers ... why do i have to vendor them why cant i RE them it was a simple request from the forums and you say your going to do it, then offer up a patch saying its done then yet again we get in and whats been said to us just isnt true... then you try and fob us of with the usual oh sorry we meant BH stuff.. if you did it to black hole why not something simply like a lvl20 orange lightsaber or pistol...

Matrix cubes missing
Mail bug not fixed yet you said it was
Cant RE orange items yet you said we could

ignoring the whole you can RE anything in 1.2 mistake..

Just stop lieing about whats coming , manage our expectations ... its basic business 101.