Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
still cant RE all orange crafted gear!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ginthis
05.08.2012 , 11:33 AM | #21
Ive come to the conclusion that this is either by design just so people burn through materials faster or there's multiple developers working on the orange item system who aren't communicating with one another. More likely the latter, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Just tested this out by crafting a low level piece of light armor, dark acolyte lower robes. Three minutes later I see the same great old message pop up: "This item cannot be reverse engineered"

I just shook my head and turned the game off.

Xanthas
05.08.2012 , 11:37 AM | #22
I also cannot RE my crafted orange gear, please fix this.

Alvestar
05.08.2012 , 11:43 AM | #23
I've made a 15 sets of Hooligan armour (helmet, chest and leggings) today. Not only can I not reverse engineer any of them, contrary to todays patch note, not a single one critted to give me an augmented piece. Considering I supposedly have around 27% crit chance with that pattern it seems a bit wiggy.

BobaFetaCheese
05.08.2012 , 11:49 AM | #24
The problem is that Bioware is being very vague in their patch notes. They aren't clearly detailing which sets of custom items can be reverse-engineered. Many people took the patch notes the wrong way because of this.

On another topic, I think we all agree that Bioware should make all custom gear reverse-engineer'able. I have a hunch that Bioware will hold onto this feature for 1.3 or 1.4 since it will be a great addition to the game.
Matz (50 Gunslinger) in SpaceCowboys on Ebon Hawk
My first 50! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Zocat
05.08.2012 , 12:04 PM | #25
*********** joke...
I can RE WH gear.

I cannot RE i.e. Peacekeeper's Chestguard / Peacekeeper's Greaves.

Nel-Luc
05.08.2012 , 12:09 PM | #26
Wow, are we still talking about this? Buy low level armoring mods then RE the items. I figured this out on day one of 1.2 because it told us in the patch notes. I think that allowing all orange gear to be RE'ed without mods is just them trying to satisfy bad crafters who don't go the extra step to RE those items.

Quote: Originally Posted by Unfactioned View Post
I've heard tossing any ilevel Armoring into an Orange piece of gear will allow you to RE it.
Quote: Originally Posted by JakkFrost View Post
I can RE the level 50, valor rank 60 pvp orange armor if I put even just a low level armoring mod in it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Luno View Post
If you place an Armoring component into any empty Orange shell, you can now RE it. I use the lowest level green Armorings produced by Cybertechs at 2 Desh each. 2 Desh is usually a good trade for 1-2 Zal Alloy and Durasteel.
------------------

Quote: Originally Posted by Ginthis View Post
Ive come to the conclusion that this is either by design just so people burn through materials faster or there's multiple developers working on the orange item system who aren't communicating with one another. More likely the latter, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.
You can't come to a conclusion when you assume.

The only thing that this does is improve the economy by requiring crafters to buy low level armoring mods from cybertechs. Note: you need an armoring mod that works with your skills. (example: Synthweavers can RE any orange item with the resolve (willpower) armoring mod).

Zocat
05.08.2012 , 12:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nel-Luc View Post
Wow, are we still talking about this? Buy low level armoring mods then RE the items. I figured this out on day one of 1.2 because it told us in the patch notes. I think that allowing all orange gear to be RE'ed without mods is just them trying to satisfy bad crafters who don't go the extra step to RE those items.
Where can I buy low level armorings?

Elrickson
05.08.2012 , 12:18 PM | #28
Nice one Nel-Luc...now we just need them to alter all the code to allow lightsabers and weapons to accept the armoring mods?

Lisentia
05.08.2012 , 12:19 PM | #29
I was just hoping that it meant we could use the money sink of removing armoring/mods and be able to RE and learn new schematics of existing orange gear. I mean if I willingly spend my money to empty it...why not yanno? =)
House Koriaya, Jung Ma
Koriaya Website | Apply Here!
Darth Lisen'tia Koriaya
Character Wiki and Fanfiction

GnatB
05.08.2012 , 12:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nel-Luc View Post
Are we still talking about it? That only worked with the battlemaster/warhero etc. stuff. Which is now (apparently) the stuff that no longer needs the armoring.

'Course, the only stuff with expensive mats that any sane crafter would be making *is* the battlemaster/warhero stuff, (for the boots/gloves) so meh. This patch sorta gets the job done. Anybody making more expensive armor "for the looks" is presumably having it special ordered, and anybody crafting the lvl 50 weapons are just being silly.