Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
still cant RE all orange crafted gear!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

babyboom
05.08.2012 , 04:09 AM | #1
although you said that we can now RE orange gear... you are mistaken again...
yes i can RE war hero orange gear... BUT
i cant RE any other orange crafted gear...
for example i have chanlon onslaught chestguard that i was trying to crit for augment... now i cant RE failed ones
so please fix that
or fix patch notes to say that it only works for war hero gear

Elrickson
05.08.2012 , 05:09 AM | #2
Same with Armstech...I've got 10 custom built blaster pistols waiting for this fix. I know the mats are minor but it's still the issue that it's not working.

tempuskai
05.08.2012 , 05:29 AM | #3
Yup, got the same issue. Item Tooltip states right click to RE, however the items are greyed out and I get an error message if I right click.

Jaedine
05.08.2012 , 05:40 AM | #4
General
•Custom (orange) moddable items that have no modifications installed can now be reverse engineered.

mislead again, nice work guys, 8 pistols and still cant RE!

Rhaphael
05.08.2012 , 06:25 AM | #5
This fix most likely works only for armor. And possibly only for NEW 1.2 armor at that.

Because before you could work around this by putting an Armoring into orange armor to allow it to be RE'd. But this didn't work for weapons (even with a Hilt inside it would be un-RE'able). So most likely they coded it so you didn't need the Armoring/Hilt anymore, but forgot to test if this fixed weapons also, which obviously it didn't.

babyboom
05.08.2012 , 06:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
This fix most likely works only for armor. And possibly only for NEW 1.2 armor at that.

Because before you could work around this by putting an Armoring into orange armor to allow it to be RE'd. But this didn't work for weapons (even with a Hilt inside it would be un-RE'able). So most likely they coded it so you didn't need the Armoring/Hilt anymore, but forgot to test if this fixed weapons also, which obviously it didn't.
it doesnt even work for armors m8
only war hero orange gear
any other armor... nop

AccursedTheory
05.08.2012 , 06:44 AM | #7
27 Lightsabers stacked in the bank, none can be reverse engineered.

Come on. Its bad enough that I crafted 27 lightsabers without a single crit...

MilesTeg_cy
05.08.2012 , 06:44 AM | #8
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

Fusillade
05.08.2012 , 06:52 AM | #9
Babyboom is 100% correct. Only post 1.2 armor can be RE'd for mats. That would be War Hero and Campaign only.

Bioware: Why are there 2 sets of programming code for armor sets, and RE'ing? This is infuriating. ALL armor/weapons should be RE'd for mats. ALL armor should carry armor set bonuses to any other orange mod-able armor. Most of us will not get War Hero/Campaign Gear to earn the perk of transferring armor set bonuses. Until then, we are still going to see clones at end game 50.
Fusillade the Dirty Saboteur Gunslinger
Noctūrnūs the Lethality Operative
Jedi Covenant

MaximusRex
05.08.2012 , 07:00 AM | #10
Post 1.2 crafted lightsabers are not REable still. Very disappointing.