Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do we always cry NERF!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do we always cry NERF!!!

Razzur
05.08.2012 , 03:42 AM | #1
Seems to be a trend ... nerf this.. nerf that.. NERF NERF NERF.... mean while the classes that do get nerfed get pissed off .. stop playing .. and we end up with lower server populations... and so on..

Why dont' we start crying BUFF BUFF BUFF!! ... if there is a class that is OP... cry BUFF!!! Buff the classes that are under powered to the class that everyone is cyring about!! .. BUFF .. it will not piss off the OP class because of nerfage... but it will please the classes that are under par that need the BUFF to compete with the OP class...

... now watch .. there is some idiot out there that is going to disagree.....
Keggur - 60 AP Powertech

DarthMaulUK
05.08.2012 , 03:51 AM | #2
If you turn this game into 'Buff Wars', it will end up like Star Wars Galaxies - where it was a never ending circle of buffs. Go to coronet, get buffed by Doctor - tip doctor - go and grind every single living thing solo.

Most of those crying 'nerf XXXX' is probably down to the fact they either dont understand their own class or the classes they come up against in game.

I have tried almost all the classes to see what abilities they do/dont have and of course, research on forums, youtube etc to see how classes compare.

The problem in pvp, especially lvl 50 - is that its purely based on gear. When you move from lvl 10-49, you get used to kicking almost everything in sight because 'Bolster' is rubbish - then you ding 50 and it opens up a new world of Whoop ***!! You now become easy to kill and simply cant compete until you get some decent pvp gear.

Endless cycle that is killing pvp

Razzur
05.08.2012 , 03:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
If you turn this game into 'Buff Wars', it will end up like Star Wars Galaxies - where it was a never ending circle of buffs. Go to coronet, get buffed by Doctor - tip doctor - go and grind every single living thing solo.

Most of those crying 'nerf XXXX' is probably down to the fact they either dont understand their own class or the classes they come up against in game.

I have tried almost all the classes to see what abilities they do/dont have and of course, research on forums, youtube etc to see how classes compare.

The problem in pvp, especially lvl 50 - is that its purely based on gear. When you move from lvl 10-49, you get used to kicking almost everything in sight because 'Bolster' is rubbish - then you ding 50 and it opens up a new world of Whoop ***!! You now become easy to kill and simply cant compete until you get some decent pvp gear.

Endless cycle that is killing pvp
ehhhh.... OKAY>>>>> name a single Sorcerer .. equally geared as a Maruader.. that can beat that said Maruader.... .. THEN I want that Marauder that got beat by that Sorcerer .. to also post a reply .. stating that he got beat by a sorcerer one vs one...
Keggur - 60 AP Powertech

Lodril
05.08.2012 , 04:02 AM | #4
I will continue to cry NERF until the game finally introduces the non-expanding recreational foam I've demanded.