Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malgus vs shan, slight *SPOILERS*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Malgus vs shan, slight *SPOILERS*

Revan_Vakarian
05.08.2012 , 03:27 AM | #1
Just wondering in the trailers, malgus vs shan quite a bit i was actually let down when in game they weren't even in the same room as another, was any one else slightly disappointed by this? even if it was only a 15 second cinematice it would have been cool
and did anyone expect either of them to mention of the other at some point, just commenting on how dangerous the other is or something
*SPOILERS*
and laslty does anyone else reckon malgus will be back or is everyone convinced he's dead?
Avern 55 Sith Sorceror
Hazor 55 Sith Juggernaut
Rargus 55 Mercernary
Alit 52 Operative

Clonedzero
05.08.2012 , 07:16 AM | #2
why would malgus mention some whimpy jedi chick who left her master to die and didnt even put up that much of a fight?

smartalectwo
05.08.2012 , 07:23 AM | #3
They're busy people, I guess.

Hoping Malgus comes back. Maybe if the Emperor dies...
There is no try.

dprijadi
05.08.2012 , 09:38 AM | #4
satele and malgus in the same room? together? alone?

is this reconciliation? or marriage lol

Boyana
05.08.2012 , 12:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan_Vakarian View Post
Just wondering in the trailers, malgus vs shan quite a bit i was actually let down when in game they weren't even in the same room as another, was any one else slightly disappointed by this? even if it was only a 15 second cinematice it would have been cool
and did anyone expect either of them to mention of the other at some point, just commenting on how dangerous the other is or something
*SPOILERS*
and laslty does anyone else reckon malgus will be back or is everyone convinced he's dead?
I simply think he never saw her as some challenge. I kinda tend to dislike her. When Malgus kills her Master, she is already far away. Jedi code or not, I would never leave my Master to fight against 2 Sith to save my butt. It was a fair fight, if you ask me. Thing that Malgus was more powerful than she was, should not make her to flee in terror.
But, that is my opinion. Maybe the key was in "You must walk the different path." :S

Malgus is not dead. In False Emperor you get a chance to defeat, but not to kill him. As far as I know you kick him into space (if it doesn't bug). He escapes to regain his strength which makes me believe he is coming back, sooner or later!

Take a look at this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...:_Annihilation

Malgus deserves to live forever! Make him immortal!

Foxrynn
05.08.2012 , 10:24 PM | #6
Generally, Jedi Masters can sense that their padawan is destined for something greater, something with a purpose. Satele's Master knew that Satele was meant to have a role in the Jedi Order, if he had told her to stay... I don't think Jedis would be on Tython
"...live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide."

Faytthegreat
05.10.2012 , 01:49 AM | #7
They do mention each other occasionally at the Flashpoint terminals, but mostly in referece to "Sith Lord burny face said this" or "Jedi bint said that" from transmissions they intercept

Kaydenloss
05.10.2012 , 04:08 PM | #8
Did ppl forget Satele is the entire reason Malgus has to wear a breathing mask nowadays...
Whadda ya mean she did not put up a fight... Check Hope trailer again.. Lulz
Quote:
"Star Wars™: The Old Republic would be completely lost if players couldn’t jump off the rails and just live in the space from time to time."
Damion Schubert Principal Lead Systems Designer

Ricktur
05.11.2012 , 05:42 PM | #9
my question is, is Malgus truly dead? he is a pretty pivotal character, featured in every promo vid, statue of him in the CE etc. . . SO, does he come back?

i would love to see a rematch with him and satele.
Sgt. Boos Macarrage - Republic Trooper/Vanguard - PVE Tank Spec
Prophecy of the Five - US East PVP
Republic Commandos: First Ones In, Last Ones Out. Never Quit. Never Fail.

DesAnvos
05.12.2012 , 02:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricktur View Post
my question is, is Malgus truly dead? he is a pretty pivotal character, featured in every promo vid, statue of him in the CE etc. . . SO, does he come back?

i would love to see a rematch with him and satele.
If he does survive my guess is he will be highly cybernetic as it seems hard to believe you can survive a deathly fall and mega explosion and come out unmortally wounded.

Quite honestly though I'd rather see HK-47 come back (maybe as a companion) as he has been rather fun to face off against for my sw, both in my foundry and false emperor run it came down to my immortal jug and him in a last stand duel to the death.