Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A question for you guys, about Han Solo.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
A question for you guys, about Han Solo.

Wolfninjajedi
12.17.2011 , 09:01 PM | #1
I already seem to think that people are gonna think I am joking, but I am not. So I have thought about the famous smuggler turned rebellion hero and I pose a question for you forum posters. Do you guys think Han could take on a sith lord? I mean what Han has going for him, is luck, a quick draw, and the ability to think on his feet and fight dirty. He squared off against Vader on Bespin, getting off 4 shots before having his blaster taken away if he had been faster he would have smoked Vader.

Seeing as not only is his DL44 blaster modified, standard it can already punch through armor and his blasted off chunks of wall at docking bay 94. I know you guys must think this is a silly thread, but I wanna hear your guy's opinions on it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

zumbledum
12.17.2011 , 10:46 PM | #2
in the movie , in the game yes
in the canon of lore , no

trimw
12.18.2011 , 02:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by zumbledum View Post
in the movie , in the game yes
in the canon of lore , no
that doesnt make sense one bit, where do you think the lore comes from?

Tygranir
12.18.2011 , 03:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by trimw View Post
that doesnt make sense one bit, where do you think the lore comes from?
Unfortunately, George Lucas.
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.

Laumer
12.18.2011 , 03:57 AM | #5
I believe he's referring to the novels within the Star Wars universe...i.e canon.

I'm reaching way back into a book I read more then 10 yrs ago but I believe there was a set based on Han's early days and in one where he has a duel with some gunslinger it was noted that he wasn't the fastest, by any means, just that instead of just using his hand and arm etc. he used a whole body technique to draw his pistol.

I would say if he got the drop on one then maybe....seeing as how a trooper can take them down too...because unlike Vader's energy absorption talent another Lord may not be able to deflect/absorb the blaster bolts.

Rhyltran
12.18.2011 , 04:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Laumer View Post
I believe he's referring to the novels within the Star Wars universe...i.e canon.

I'm reaching way back into a book I read more then 10 yrs ago but I believe there was a set based on Han's early days and in one where he has a duel with some gunslinger it was noted that he wasn't the fastest, by any means, just that instead of just using his hand and arm etc. he used a whole body technique to draw his pistol.

I would say if he got the drop on one then maybe....seeing as how a trooper can take them down too...because unlike Vader's energy absorption talent another Lord may not be able to deflect/absorb the blaster bolts.
No but unless they were really inexperienced they will foresee it happen in advance. I don't think Han can taking a Jedi/Sith with a blaster. Note, I stated with a blaster. There are other ways and Han is clever. Besides, he's most well known for his piloting and his knack of getting in and out of trouble rather than his combat abilities.

Ldogg
12.18.2011 , 06:18 AM | #7
No way. Sith lords are just too powerful. In a grp he would stand a chance for sure, especially if Luke or another Jedi was with him. But on his own he doesn't stand a chance. Although I wouldn't say that he wouldn't put up a fight, after all he is a ******.
"Until the possible becomes actual, it is only a distraction."
―Qui-Gon Jinn:
I7 920 OC 3.2 Ghz, 12Gb tri-channel @ 1333Mhz, 2x AMD 6870 Beta Squadron 238

Jadedfate
12.18.2011 , 08:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I already seem to think that people are gonna think I am joking, but I am not. So I have thought about the famous smuggler turned rebellion hero and I pose a question for you forum posters. Do you guys think Han could take on a sith lord? I mean what Han has going for him, is luck, a quick draw, and the ability to think on his feet and fight dirty. He squared off against Vader on Bespin, getting off 4 shots before having his blaster taken away if he had been faster he would have smoked Vader.

Seeing as not only is his DL44 blaster modified, standard it can already punch through armor and his blasted off chunks of wall at docking bay 94. I know you guys must think this is a silly thread, but I wanna hear your guy's opinions on it.
Happened on Bespin in Empire...He fired at Vader, who absorbed and deflected his shots, and then had his blaster removed from his hand. End of Fight. No, Han cannot.

ToEasy
12.18.2011 , 09:27 AM | #9
I don't think so. I just think he doesn't have enough to take on a force user. Maybe if he had more weapons he would have more of a chance. That is my opinion.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

jarjarloves
12.18.2011 , 11:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadedfate View Post
Happened on Bespin in Empire...He fired at Vader, who absorbed and deflected his shots, and then had his blaster removed from his hand. End of Fight. No, Han cannot.
This 100%

As for the strength of Han's blaster though it varrys greatly throughout the movies. Like the OP said yes it blasts off chunks at the Mos Eisley then later it barely even scratches metal. We have seen it hit unarmored and armored people and it doesn't cause big explosions.