Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You should always vote an MVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
You should always vote an MVP

nixonine
12.18.2011 , 01:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Houtoku View Post
I use a cascading priority, Top Objective > Top Healed > Names I recognize as contributing (same person keeps scoring in Huttball, people calling out incs in Alderaan, etc)
I agree; but to extrapolate further, I think Objective and Heals could easily be viewed as the same with DPS vote going when you can't vote Heals, or Objective.

IE: We Lose - Heals gets the vote. (we just need to award healers since there's too few usually)
We Win - Objective gets the vote. (unless Heals is just ridiculously high)

Then there are those guys (usually the top deeps) that you'll recognize and vote MVP if the first two reasons haven't been exhausted already.
NIX'O'NINE
SITH INQUISITOR
<DREAMPIECE>
WARRIORS OF THE SHADOW

loketar
12.18.2011 , 01:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
All this love for healers, what about the tanks who guard you? Speaking of which more of you tanks need to start guarding people already.
I will vote for the tank (Or DPS) who guards me, it's just that and I don't mean to generalize but a lot of people simply don't care about the healer who helps them, they expect you to keep them alive with them doing no peeling whatsoever.

Serai
12.18.2011 , 02:08 AM | #23
In my experience when people vote MVP they mostly vote low/mid range so they don't ruin their own chance of winning. System is flawed to the core

And if by chance they are voting for stats, its usually the guy with most damage/fewest kills, usually the backbone of the useless zerg fighting in the middle of the field.
Fre'Kor, only male green Twi'lek outside of Intrepids cantina -

Drukoziz
12.18.2011 , 02:27 AM | #24
I know I got one MVP vote just for calling incs, because I easily had the worst score in the game (I don't have my desktop yet, so I'm sitting pretty with my 2 fps). Who needs a good graphics card to spam that heal hotkey and chat, amirite?

Anyway, thanks to those of you who don't just look at the dmg numbers!
A Jedi chooses, the Force obeys.

Maxermus
12.25.2011 , 04:49 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
They should force people to vote MVP to leave the match.
I despise voting and never do... terrible system and implementation. I time I have ever voted is for guildies. Yea working as intended I think.
Kiwi Red Zoner

Connection
12.25.2011 , 04:56 AM | #26
I generally vote for the guy that did the worst, just to give the little noob a moral boost.

poor noob
Death Digitalized

Lerdoc
12.25.2011 , 04:59 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rykko View Post
Even if it was the worst 6-0 Huttball in 3 minutes ever, voting for MVP = people on your server can get better gear and level faster.

If the opposing faction is voting and you're not, they're getting extra commendations etc. and your side isn't so you're handing them an edge for free.

Hell, you could even vote for the guy who did the worst as he needs all the help he can get.
You have half true there. But on the other hand, I think I would like that frag monkey to play few more warzones in hopes he will finally get the rules and start playing by them and stop thinking he is over 9000 glad deathmatching till the end of the world and a day longer.

In extra looisng situations IF I am giving any votes(ie I don't think everyone was equally useless sheep) it goes to the player who cooperated most, be it trying to get to objectives or team playing with others/me.

Loktovar
12.25.2011 , 05:19 AM | #28
I've noticed top on healing usually gets the most votes, I've started to vote for the 2nd place healer, if there is one, so that they get a vote as well instead of one person getting them all.
WWKF?