Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the best way to make money at 50?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's the best way to make money at 50?

Jagil
05.07.2012 , 11:20 PM | #1
After hitting 50, the money traing came to a grinding halt. Now that I'm there and a lot of my PVP addons will require cash and lots of it, whats the best way to get income?

I'm about to finish levelling slicing, underworld trading and treasure hunting as my gathering skills. If you have to go solo, where's a good place to grind for things that actually make money?

djlowballer
05.07.2012 , 11:25 PM | #2
The PvP items outside of the recruit set only cost commendations. You should use the daily quests on Ilum, Corellia, and Belsavis to make credits at 50. An easy 200k+ per day can be earned from quest rewards alone. The total is more if you count drops and credits off enemies.
The Swiftsure
Relu Kintunisi Mercenary
Gre'letha Kintunisi Guardian

Brimmer
05.07.2012 , 11:28 PM | #3
A few routes, from easiest profit to hardest (most time consuming)

PVE daily quests:
Upon Corellia, Belsavis, and Ilum there are a bunch of repeatable quests which you can do each day for a reward of daily comms and around 7-10k credits each quest.

Crew Skills:
1.) Raw Material
2.) Purple/Purple/Orange tier items
3.) Augmented modifiable weapons and armour

PVP:
No where as quick as daily quests, PVP offers a decent sum of credits which will add up for a nice bit while you finish your daily PVP quests.

Space Missions:
Like PVP not heavy on profit, but it's a route if you enjoy space combat.

CHECK MY SIG FOR THE BEST PROFIT TRICKS!
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

SajmanPeetee
05.07.2012 , 11:30 PM | #4
Dailies combined with gathering professions so you can harvest while traveling is probably the quickest. If you're looking to grind, go back and do all the H2/H4s you skipped while leveling

ConradLionhart
05.07.2012 , 11:47 PM | #5
I'm gonna recommend daily missions because they give you cold hard cash.

For your crew skills, you have to rely on your server economy.

Jagil
05.08.2012 , 12:03 AM | #6
Thanks for the responses. I'll hit up the dailies while using the crew skills. Will try to work it in with the pvp dailies as well and come up with a system of getting as much done in 3 hours of daily gameplay as possible.

Brimmer
05.08.2012 , 12:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagil View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'll hit up the dailies while using the crew skills. Will try to work it in with the pvp dailies as well and come up with a system of getting as much done in 3 hours of daily gameplay as possible.
Find yourself a friend or two to run them with daily; then you'll make your profit in a vastly quicker time.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

mothermonterr
05.08.2012 , 12:23 AM | #8
GTN oh wait, crafting is absolutely useless in this game, save for one totally balanced one.

rayvnlord
11.27.2013 , 04:43 PM | #9

DarthTHC
11.27.2013 , 08:44 PM | #10
Egads, dailies are the worst (read: least efficient) way to get cash. If you enjoy doing the dailies, then by all means do so. If you don't...

1) Take 3 gathering or mission crew skills per character. It helps but isn't required to match the skills up with pets' affection bonuses.

2) Work your skills up to 450 by running missions.

3) Work your pets' affections up to 10k by bribing them with stuff you can buy from the fleet vendor as far as you can, then conversations afterwards.

4) Run the top tier Rich and Abundant missions.

5) Sell the results on GTN.