How to: End-Game Arsenal Merc

Aerro

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1117292-Arsenal-Bounty-Hunter-Are-YOU-Doing-It-Right

I figured it would be easier just to link my guide. Copy and pasting it would just be wasted time. No I am not trying to deter people away from this site. Its just a place for them to go and look for some help.

This guide offers various different things. Make sure to read the part of the guide that best suites your current gear level and accessibility. There is a short guide at the bottom dealing with those who have steady access to campaign gear, as well as a guide for Rakata min/maxing.

Also, a lot of the comments are beneficial to learning about your class since it is a discussion based between members.

I am in a top World Guild clearing 16man HM EC every Tuesday. I currently do 1550-1600 DPS over a 6min duration on a target dummy. This guide is everything that I do. Feel free to comment on it with any questions you may have regarding certain choices within the guide.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, how much DPS do you do on Toth and Zorn in hard mode? Or Firebrand and Stormcaller hard mode?

http://dpsmeter.com/rankings.php

Go to 16man hardmode for EC.

I need to upload more logs for HM Kephess but I had my combat parser off for a few of the kills by accident. I hate recording myself when I do dailies... so many logs in my documents that are useless -_-

Edited by Aerro

Seems pretty solid, and your damage speaks for itself.

Just two questions:

1) Why wait for Rail Shot to get to 5 stacks? Each stack adds the same amount of damage so it doesn't seem to matter if I fire it off now or later.

2) Why go over +10% accuracy? I know you get more off-hand hits, but off-hand hits make up less than 5% of your total damage.

Seems pretty solid, and your damage speaks for itself.

Just two questions:

1) Why wait for Rail Shot to get to 5 stacks? Each stack adds the same amount of damage so it doesn't seem to matter if I fire it off now or later.

2) Why go over +10% accuracy? I know you get more off-hand hits, but off-hand hits make up less than 5% of your total damage.

As stated in the guide- its only for the Rakata min/maxed section. Once you start getting into your campaign pieces, you can drop accuracy for crit/surge as well as swap your spec around. It all just depends on what is readily available to you.

As for the Railshot.. each stack adds 6% damage. If you wait for 5 stacks of Tracer Lock, you can do an additional 30% damage with Railshot. Of course it can be situational sometimes, like if you are moving and have 4 stacks on you. That is about the only time I think it would be justifiable to cast it. If you are able to stand still, waiting for 5 stacks for the total 30% increase is well worth it.

Nice work aerro. I completely agree with your comments on the Rakata belt and bracers. Aug slots are basically a requirement. Also, when working to Rakata implants and ears, you about have to have the columi stuff with the slot as well. It is really too bad, Hunter doesn't have a +2 crit on Armortech, but Armortech is about a necessity. All the other skills that are useful about need to go to additional toons. I have a similar build only without the acc, and have a little more healing. Only due to using healings in ops as someone to back up and help at times. Cheers! Good article.

thanks for the great guide.

Just a quesztion.

Why open with TM instead of unload?

If you open with it, you will be back at 0 heat by the end of the channel,

then u stack your 3*TM

unload will have procced, so use it

then TSO+HSM

2*TM

Railshot

etc. etc.

Basicly I don't see a disadvantage in opening with unload instead of TM. Sure u loose the heat sig bonus on the first unload

Edited by Wisz_Rethon

thanks for the great guide.

Just a quesztion.

Why open with TM instead of unload?

If you open with it, you will be back at 0 heat by the end of the channel,

then u stack your 3*TM

unload will have procced, so use it

then TSO+HSM

2*TM

Railshot

etc. etc.

Basicly I don't see a disadvantage in opening with unload instead of TM. Sure u loose the heat sig bonus on the first unload

The faster you get to casting TM, the faster you can start using HSM and a Barrage ICD. It makes no sense to use an Unload without a Barrage proc at this point in the game.

Great work.

Prior to getting campaign gear, do you think it is worth losing the set bonus to augment the rest of your gear?

Also, for Rakata gloves you can get the eliminator gloves and swap the mods with the tech gloves to get up to 122 aim

Great work.

Prior to getting campaign gear, do you think it is worth losing the set bonus to augment the rest of your gear?

Also, for Rakata gloves you can get the eliminator gloves and swap the mods with the tech gloves to get up to 122 aim

No, it is not viable.

Also, all you have to do is switch out the armoring like my guide states. You can get armoring drops that have +61 aim on them and toss them into your gear. However, once you acquire blackhole gloves, I would put the armoring, mod and enhancement into it instead.

I dont know how you have gotten so many armor/enhancement drops, very jealous

For the enhancements, I just took Sith Warrior rakata gear. Clearing Nightmare mode content pre-1.2 every Tuesday put a lot of gear on vendor-status.

Now I use my black hole commendations to buy sniper gloves, which cost 50. I buy it for the enhancement which is +power/surge.

Firstly THANK YOU

a realisitic post with good numbers in it.

Secondly

sorry i did not read through your entire guide, though I have looked at it before (skimmed) and our dps in compairable so if i am doing something different it does not matter (you have a bit more dps and a bit more gear tbh)

thirdly

great to see that 1300ish sorc and marauder, I dont know who these rauders are that are pulling 1.5k to 2k in a real fight, i have not met one yet.

A great post.

Yes there has been some pain but you (and I) both seem to think we are still perfectly viable.

what i love is that we are in for some love next, and i like being on that side of the pendulum :)

good post, good poster

+1

We are perfectly viable. Our 'nerf' was well in-line. Before 1.2, our logs had me at 1900-2k DPS. I think I topped off at 2300 DPS one fight. Its ridiculous because of the 18k crits I would get with HSM because of having 4 mercs in the raid.

Arsenal is great in raids if people min/max their gear and stats.

For the enhancements, I just took Sith Warrior rakata gear. Clearing Nightmare mode content pre-1.2 every Tuesday put a lot of gear on vendor-status.

Now I use my black hole commendations to buy sniper gloves, which cost 50. I buy it for the enhancement which is +power/surge.

Can u put them in any piece or is it only sith chest to bH chest etc?

Can u put them in any piece or is it only sith chest to bH chest etc?

The armoring drops can go into any piece, however if you grab rakata pieces and try to take out the armorings- it will only going into the same type of piece, IE gloves, chest, etc.

End-game Merc - aim or power augments?:jawa_evil:

And how much stats u have right now unbaffed?

Right now Aim. To start hitting a major DR on your crit gain from Aim will take a while.

My stats buffed:

Aim: 2171

Crit: 37%

Power: 703

Surge: 73%

Aerro,

Do you think it's possible to transfer an armoring from black hole boots for putting into helmet crafted with augmented slot or I just can put it into boots crafted ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Do you think it's possible to transfer an armoring from black hole boots for putting into helmet crafted with augmented slot or I just can put it into boots crafted ?

No. Armorings taken out of endgame items can only be inserted into items for the same slot, e.g.:

boots->boots

head->head

etc..

Guys, first of all thanks for the info here its very useful.

However as a Trooper I can not seem to get close to the numbers that you are putting out, here is my parse from a Ops Boss Dummy and its not close to the 1350 I see mentioned here and on other sites.

http://www.torparse.com/a/31876

My gear is Augemented weapon and legs - 4 Rakata for bonus, Black hole implants, earpiece and offhand. Rakata Wrists and waists, Matrix cube and boundless ages.

Stats:

Aim - 1935

Power - 478

Crit - 30.43 ranged 31.31 tech

Accuracy 100.1/110.1

Surge - 74.45

Weapon dmg - 818-1094

Bonus - 496.9

Tech bonus - 808.9

My stats are not that far off from you guys, but I can not get close to those numbers....and that is odd because I would expect to get close, not be a million miles away as I am currently.

Trooper ammo, works more like the traditional "mana" where by abilities cost ammo - grav =2, demo = 2 etc and our regen rates are determined by the amount of ammo we have - 8-12 = fast @0.6 per second, 3-7 = moderate @ 0.36 per second and then under 3 for 0.24 per second.

The problem is that its very easy to drop out the "fast" bracket" since the opening salvo of 3x Gravs , Full Auto (Unload) = 8 ammo used

It seems for me that the ammo for rounds are taken at then end of the cast, while the ammo for Full Auto is at the start

Now it seems to me that this is not a gear issue, because I have good gear, not uber but since we have nearly done EC HM its I would say above average. Yet I still am way off the DPS that you lads have posted.

Can you post the parses, or at least some new ones so I can compare as I think that this is a rotation issue, despite me using Fullauto at every proc, High Impact bolt only at 5 stacks etc.

Can we get some more parses posted for comparisons because I have no idea what the problem is here right now and I desperately want to fix it!!

Thanks lads,

Mal.

http://www.torparse.com/a/32006/29

That is 16 HM Firebrand and Stormcaller.

That is the video for THAT exact log.

So for that fight I am doing ~1420 DPS, which isn't nearly my best attempt since I fudged up a few things that time.

This is from Tuesday of this week. I decided to start recording our kills then. Its all from my perspective. Also that guide listed in the OP of this thread is mine and will be always updated. I am unbanned tomorrow early morning so I will continue posting there.

Edit: I do not have the Matrix Cube equipped for this because it was just fixed today.

Edited by Aerro

Cheers Aerro,

I have watched your video a few times now, and you almost never go above 40% heat.....as a trooper I assume this is the same as not going below 8 ammo......which is actually kind hard.

I shall go and try to work on that.

The stats that you give, are the raid bufed, or totally unbuffed but including stim?

M.