Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
05.08.2012 , 04:47 PM | #61
This could be the very reason people don't want to pvp.

And please don't jump down my throat since I have no intention of ever pvping.

I have only found two people in all my years that I would ever consider pvp with and those are the ones that help people learn the ropes, etc instead of jumping down throats just because they have credits, etc and others dont.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

SlimsPicken's Avatar


SlimsPicken
05.08.2012 , 04:47 PM | #62
bottom line is theres just not enough players to split the game into 2 factions of PvP vs PVE.

The more impediments there are to getting players to queue for pvp the less will queue. Make people buy a 350k set of gear (that sucks) just to be able to step foot in to a warzone... what a shatty idea.

so for 49 levels people play a mix of pvp and pve and then suddenly at 50 they MUST buy this gear or are useless? lol, such a poor system.

Small wonder the PvP queues are forever now, everyones left because the rules we are playing under simply suck. So now you expect those few who are left to buy junk blue gear just to play with you at 50? yeah. right.

Needless to say, expertise is the culprit, and all the other issues are mere symptoms of the disease.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Elkirin's Avatar


Elkirin
05.08.2012 , 04:48 PM | #63
The OP has two themes.


Theme one "it is bad to have to wait for PvP Warzones".

Theme two "Please limit the number of people queuing for warzones to those in Recruit gear or above".

IMHO,

I support ideas that increase the number of people pressing the button to play Warzones.

Dawginole's Avatar


Dawginole
05.08.2012 , 05:14 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxrynn View Post
I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50.
See this is one of the problems with the game. No one wants to work for anything.

When I hit 50 I bought half of my remaining skills running me over 100k and I was out of money. You know what I did? I did what you're supposed to do in an RPG. I went and farmed for 3 days, about 3hrs a day and managed to make 1.2 million creds in that time. It is insanely easy to make money in this game if you actually work for it.

I was already in orange gear. Before I started farming, I researched all the mods I could have crafted that would be equivalent to Centurion or better. I then scoured the GTN for mods I needed and wrote down all the crafters names. In between farming I then negotiated with all those crafters for the mods I need to be delivered COD, and also sent my companions on missions to get mats for items I could craft myself.

I walked out of farming after 3 days of my play time with 1.2 million creds, bought all my remaining skills, crafted my advanced hilts and advanced color crystals and paid for all COD armoring, enhancements, mods, ear piece, and implants and bought some augments.

What resulted was that I walked into lvl50 PvP with better gear that Centurion with the down side of being short expertise and then grinded out Champ.

This is pretty run of the mill in any MMO or even offline RPG. You occasionally just have to suck it up and walk away from what is most fun to farm. That's just how it goes.

After 1.2 this isn't even anywhere close to being as "difficult" as what I did. One can go out and farm for a third of the time I did and straight up purchase entry level PvP gear that is almost as good as Champ but with more expertise and better than Centurion was.

And if you straight up don't enjoy farming a Heroic for creds, there are other solutions. One can go back and do one single Bonus series and make anywhere from 100-300k depending on the planet. I would bet at level 50 you could role through about 3 planets worth of the level 30-45 Bonus Series missions which would be more enjoyable than straight up farming and make 400k+ creds to buy your starter set. To ding 50 and then complain about not having any money at that level in the game is just not an excuse considering the minimal amount of work required to get some good money for a quality starter set.

And I'm not jumping on any one person. I hear this complaint all the time, and I just can't imagine what game people are coming from where they consider getting money for gear in SWTOR as being hard.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

RachelAnne's Avatar


RachelAnne
05.08.2012 , 05:29 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
See this is one of the problems with the game. No one wants to work for anything.

When I hit 50 I bought half of my remaining skills running me over 100k and I was out of money. You know what I did? I did what you're supposed to do in an RPG. I went and farmed for 3 days, about 3hrs a day and managed to make 1.2 million creds in that time. It is insanely easy to make money in this game if you actually work for it.

I was already in orange gear. Before I started farming, I researched all the mods I could have crafted that would be equivalent to Centurion or better. I then scoured the GTN for mods I needed and wrote down all the crafters names. In between farming I then negotiated with all those crafters for the mods I need to be delivered COD, and also sent my companions on missions to get mats for items I could craft myself.

I walked out of farming after 3 days of my play time with 1.2 million creds, bought all my remaining skills, crafted my advanced hilts and advanced color crystals and paid for all COD armoring, enhancements, mods, ear piece, and implants and bought some augments.

What resulted was that I walked into lvl50 PvP with better gear that Centurion with the down side of being short expertise and then grinded out Champ.

This is pretty run of the mill in any MMO or even offline RPG. You occasionally just have to suck it up and walk away from what is most fun to farm. That's just how it goes.

After 1.2 this isn't even anywhere close to being as "difficult" as what I did. One can go out and farm for a third of the time I did and straight up purchase entry level PvP gear that is almost as good as Champ but with more expertise and better than Centurion was.

And if you straight up don't enjoy farming a Heroic for creds, there are other solutions. One can go back and do one single Bonus series and make anywhere from 100-300k depending on the planet. I would bet at level 50 you could role through about 3 planets worth of the level 30-45 Bonus Series missions which would be more enjoyable than straight up farming and make 400k+ creds to buy your starter set. To ding 50 and then complain about not having any money at that level in the game is just not an excuse considering the minimal amount of work required to get some good money for a quality starter set.

And I'm not jumping on any one person. I hear this complaint all the time, and I just can't imagine what game people are coming from where they consider getting money for gear in SWTOR as being hard.
I agree and disagree.

When we did the farming at wow for frost gear, poison gear, shadow gear... that we did need for raiding, then we knew that we had to do this and we knew how. We went off with groups and did farm 2 hours in the evening so the guild could raid. Casuals gave less, hardcores more.

At tor this aint that easy I think. First of all do many people not know how and where - personally I did lvl my char and thought that the valor is something you buy gear with. I did also not know of expertise before, I thought defence is fine for tanks in pvp, as its on the gear and did work well until 50.
You know, players can only work for something if they do know that it exist´s and how to.

Today I read that pvp items drop, I couldnt try it yet but seriously how should people know this? The forum is full of crap by players that want a second wow, that you hardly get these informations.

I also dont have a guild or people in my F-list - so the informations are a bit dry regarding this.

I definately think that players that dont play all day / very often, that do only have 1 char, no guild etc. just dont know how to get all those credit´s or items.

People expect a bit too much, just because they do know it better.

I could explain you every encounter at vanilla and tbc as well, still I do know that hardly anyone would be able to understand it, as they did not raid there. People have a different knowledge about games and its content

Krashnburn's Avatar


Krashnburn
05.08.2012 , 05:40 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.
How about just give everyone recruit gear that ques into a WZ. Then make valor really mean something by giving abilities or buffs based on it. That would still reward those that played a lot of PvP and stop the whining about under-geared pugs.

BoMbY's Avatar


BoMbY
05.08.2012 , 05:43 PM | #67
I think it would be a good idea (after some server merges) to implement at least two tiers to level 50 warzones, and they should be simply split by the amount of expertise a character got (at 1000 I would prefer). The ranked warzones also should have a minimum expertise level.

Wesgile's Avatar


Wesgile
05.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by BoMbY View Post
I think it would be a good idea (after some server merges) to implement at least two tiers to level 50 warzones, and they should be simply split by the amount of expertise a character got (at 1000 I would prefer). The ranked warzones also should have a minimum expertise level.
then people would just twink the hell out of it.
put some expertise up to 1000 and campaign it up the rest. it would be worse than it is now, actually.

for the rated, it shouldn't be much of an issue since people would probably premade it altogether. we still don't know whether rated will come with 8-man queue or not anyway.
大丈夫だ、問題ない。

BoMbY's Avatar


BoMbY
05.08.2012 , 05:55 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Wesgile View Post
then people would just twink the hell out of it.
put some expertise up to 1000 and campaign it up the rest. it would be worse than it is now, actually.
I've to admit, it's very likely some idiots would abuse this to steamroll new 50ies. Maybe it would work if characters with a valor rank above 60 would be blocked from the <1000 expertise tier.

evilxpoptart's Avatar


evilxpoptart
05.08.2012 , 06:00 PM | #70
Make a requirement to not suck to queue, furthermore require to not make threads placing blame on others because of your fail. Kthnxbye