Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

DashaAdair's Avatar


DashaAdair
05.08.2012 , 11:05 AM | #51
Recruit gear should not be a requirement to queue.

We do not know why a player doesn't have recruit gear. It could be:

They don't know it exists.
They aren't sure they want to PvP.
They don't have the credits.
They don't want to spend the credits.

I'm sure there are others. None of these are reasons to exclude someone from a warzone. And to be insulted because they come into 'your' warzone without recruit gear is the height of narcissism. If you are insulted it's because you want to be, not because they want to insult you. I haven't met anyone yet that builds an entire elaborate and nefarious plan to insult so-and-so by playing warzones without recruit gear. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Every person we run off by insulting them about the recruit gear issue lengthens the queue. We should be stewards of the PvP community. We should be about helping people want to play PvP. They are a good way towards shorter queues. Running them off is just cutting your own throat.

If you don't have gear in the zone I'm in...I DON'T....CARE...I'll help you if you want or need it. I'll let you do it your way if you want. Either way I'm happy you are on my team.

If you don't want to play with people without gear, make your own team. At least you'll know the insult was directed at you.

SpoeMeister's Avatar


SpoeMeister
05.08.2012 , 12:57 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by DashaAdair View Post
Recruit gear should not be a requirement to queue.

We do not know why a player doesn't have recruit gear. It could be:

They don't know it exists.
They aren't sure they want to PvP.
They don't have the credits.
They don't want to spend the credits.

I'm sure there are others. None of these are reasons to exclude someone from a warzone. And to be insulted because they come into 'your' warzone without recruit gear is the height of narcissism. If you are insulted it's because you want to be, not because they want to insult you. I haven't met anyone yet that builds an entire elaborate and nefarious plan to insult so-and-so by playing warzones without recruit gear. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Every person we run off by insulting them about the recruit gear issue lengthens the queue. We should be stewards of the PvP community. We should be about helping people want to play PvP. They are a good way towards shorter queues. Running them off is just cutting your own throat.

If you don't have gear in the zone I'm in...I DON'T....CARE...I'll help you if you want or need it. I'll let you do it your way if you want. Either way I'm happy you are on my team.

If you don't want to play with people without gear, make your own team. At least you'll know the insult was directed at you.
DashaAidar For President (=QFT)
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
05.08.2012 , 01:04 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelAnne View Post
You are not saying the truth, or you completely ignored your companions or pvp equipment before.

When I hit 50 with my char, I cleared every planet except the final 2 (3 heroic quests) and I had not even enough credit´s to buy all abilities. So I just bought those for my tank spec, left the dps alone , didnt buy a vehicle or a "riding" skill, bought 1 recruit gear by credits and 3 by commendations.

I dont get how people can say 900k credits is what people get at 50, its just a lie. I did all space missions, made it to valor 25, did the bonus series, heroics, dungeons etc. still I was broke.

I never used the GNTN, the only gear I bought was the pvp stuff at 20 and 40 - still no credit´s.

You guys can insult others as much as you want, fact is we dont have those credits and as for me, I got a valor rank that I cant use for anything... why not let people buy gear with that rank? What is it for anyways?
Usually the guys with a ton of credits probably gathered stuff and sold them on GTNs because they do sell very well.

Without using GTN you'll usually have just enough to cover all your training, and probably not quite enough to cover the last speeder training. That said, there are a lot of skills you don't actually need to train in and they can save you a ton of money.

NDiggy's Avatar


NDiggy
05.08.2012 , 02:12 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by DashaAdair View Post
They don't know it exists.
Even if they don't know it exists, which I doubt, putting a gear restriction on queuing for warzones would solve that issue. It would be nice though, if one of the PvP quests available once you hit level 50 sent you to the Recruit gear vendor and gave you one piece of gear upon completion.

Quote:
They aren't sure they want to PvP.
And not wearing PvP gear is likely to make them not ever want to PvP again. PvP burst is bad enough with expertise gear, I can't imagine trying to PvP in the current environment without any expertise. Requiring Recruit gear is less likely to turn people away from PvP than not requiring it.

Quote:
They don't have the credits.
Credits are easily farmed it a couple hours. You don't jump right into OPs or Hardmode FPs as soon as you hit 50, why should PvP be any different? Having the gear is only going to make their PvP experience better. Spending a couple hours earning credits is a small price to pay to get into PvP. Pre-1.2 we all had to jump into PvP without gear and it was awful until you finished up your Champ set. I can't imagine anyone willingly trying to gimp themselves and their team in the current PvP environment when there is easily available PvP gear.

Quote:
They don't want to spend the credits.
Probably the worst excuse you posted because it implies someone has the the credits and the knowledge of the Recruit set and still refuses to buy the set. They willingly gimp themselves and hurt their team due entirely to selfishness. This isn't an excuse.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

kronomandar's Avatar


kronomandar
05.08.2012 , 03:13 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
The OP's attitude is actually making me quit playing.

I consider myself a skilled pvp-er.

I came back to the game 3 weeks ago and made a new alt and soloed, quested and warzoned to 50 and had fun.
When I finally reached 50 and joined some warzones I got a storm of tells from veteran 50 pvp-ers about my gear.

Cut me a freaking break, I just dinged 50 yesterday.
you're attitude is what is making you quit playing.
if you want to claim to be any kind of pvper, you should have had the full recruit set before you even dinged 50

at level 40 you get a quest from the pvp terminal on the fleet to go explore Outlaws Den.
within the Outlaws Den pvp zone boxes spawn.
those boxes drop 2-3k creds, 20 wz coms, AND RECRUIT PVP GEAR

you have 2 ways of obtaining recruit gear. one is to buy them at level 50 for a modest sum of credits.
the other is to spend a bit of time farming boxes.

however, you would rather be a parasite on your teammates and have them carry you for a week or more until you have BM because you are simply to cheap and lazy to gear yourself out beforehand.

Quote: Originally Posted by DashaAdair View Post
They don't know it exists.
They aren't sure they want to PvP.
They don't have the credits.
They don't want to spend the credits.
1. ignorance has never been an acceptable excuse for anything.
2. shouldnt they have figured this one out around lvl 10? lvl 50 is a bit late to start looking at pvp.
3. recruit can be obtained for free for those to poor/cheap to buy it. farmed in the tatooine pvp zone
4. see 3.

Pretty_Flacko's Avatar


Pretty_Flacko
05.08.2012 , 03:44 PM | #56
Free recruit gear can be looted in Tattooine in the pvp area. Not having enough credits is a pathetic excuse
That Pretty MoFo

Spoiler

clearsighted's Avatar


clearsighted
05.08.2012 , 04:09 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxrynn View Post
It's also disrespectful to think that people who don't buy the recruit gear are actually trying to hurt their teammates... I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50. And keep in mind even if you waited 30 minutes to an hour to days, that person has waited JUST AS LONG AS YOU, and not only that, you were in the exact same boat as he or she was.
That person needs to stay out of the pvp queue until they get their recruit gear. Otherwise, they are willingly sabotaging their team.

Shikomizue's Avatar


Shikomizue
05.08.2012 , 04:34 PM | #58
First: I am the infamous backfill player. I am lvl 27 and found out about PvP gear last 2 weeks or so ago. Could not find the vendor, am not very interested. Cannot afford it after speeder training in any case, do not know who the vendor is for lvl 20 pvp gear if there is such a thing and the stats do not tempt me either.

The mantra is: Teach me, train me, give me advice. Unless the bigmouths who are too lazy to roll a RL d20 at the table top are willing to uplift us ignoramuses, SHUT IT. PvP is confusing enough as is, so DO your part guys and otherwise SOCKINITPUT. All I see is a lot of attitude in these forums. And before Bioware DM's take too deep a breath I have rarely seen such poor cookie cutter adventure design. Yes, I am a table top GM of some years experience. Journeyman class, but I know good game design when I see it. Talk to the guys from Obsidian, or better yet the original Planescape team. That was Computer PvE worth the name.

PM me, and if someone would get together a few NOOBS and drill us in the basics, whys and wherefores, I would be very grateful. The guilds do not really bother. In the meantime I will wear the Title that you mean as a swear word with pride. And hopefully rile those know it alls into mis-hitting their killer combos. When 20 percent of the damage does the job quite nicely already.

flem's Avatar


flem
05.08.2012 , 04:34 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Ihazcrayon View Post
Could be worse. I did a Novare Coast the other day and a guy had 11k hp. I inspected him

He had:

-No recruit gear
-Most was late 30's to 40's greens

And the best part?

-His boots, chest, helm were all broken. 0 durability.
Ha ha ha, epic.

Question is, what did you say?
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone Tauntauns!

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
05.08.2012 , 04:37 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.
So you plan is to have LESS people queing? You should work for BW