Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

rawfox
05.20.2012 , 07:07 PM | #361
rename Recruitment gear to Requirement gear !

_Zorth_
05.21.2012 , 02:14 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Derokorian View Post
Since you missed the entire point of my post I'll just respond to your first sentence. I have heard of keeping both and I will have both eventually, however I have never heard of gear you PVP to get being useless for PVP and that was my point. If I can't use the gear I PVP'd for to pvp then *** is the point of it?
Of course you are supposed to use BM gear when you get it, But to get it faster and to make life easier for your team mates you should wear recruit gear. It gives you a boost in PvP combat, Healing, DMG reduction and damage done compared to if you had nothing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Winkywinky View Post
recruit gear sucks

doesnt matter if you are in full greens or recruit gear you are still bringing the team down and are a wasted space...so you last 1 GCD longer being full recruit with 13k hps ,who cares you still die in just a few seconds compared to people in full BM..

honestly doesnt even mater if you buy it once you enter the warzone you probly lost just because of it.
Hp =/= Being helpful in PvP
Expertise = Being helpful in PvP

It Boosts damage done, Reduces damage taken and healing received.. It's better to have 10% DMG Reduced, Done, healing received and 13k HP than to have 0% Healing received, Damage reduction or boost in PvP and have 15k HP..
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

islander
05.21.2012 , 02:37 PM | #363
I definitely think they should make a mandatory minimum on expertise to join a level 50 warzone. Something like 600.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

L-RANDLE
05.21.2012 , 02:45 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
I definitely think they should make a mandatory minimum on expertise to join a level 50 warzone. Something like 600.
Any gear above lvl 50 would suffice.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

criminalheretic
05.21.2012 , 02:52 PM | #365
Yeah cause that's what the game needs, something that actually makes queues even longer.

There's selfishness on both sides.

Wanting someone to invest their time and resources to help you win a WZ = Selfish.

Participating in a team event without tools = Selfish.

But at the end of the day it is a cost/benefit analysis, is it worth 350k for gear you're only going to wear for 3-5 days, and ONLY in pvp, that is only going to make a SLIGHT difference in your performance?

I can't fault the people who say "no". Heck I was kind of one of them, although to be fair I hit 50 with enough comms to get WH earpiece, and BM chest. But the only recruit gear I bought was relics and wrist/belt. Sorry just couldn't justify spending 30k on a LS that REDUCED my damage 49 pts per swing, while also lowered my STR and END, that I was going to use for realistically 10-15 matches total before I traded it in.

You want Recruit gear to be required, make it suck less, or cost less.

islander
05.21.2012 , 02:56 PM | #366
If you don't want to pay the money for gear you'll only use for a week, then don't join the warzones.

I'd rather wait longer, then get a 10 minute discount only to be surrounded by badly undergeared, ineffective teammates.

I'll never hear the tears of cost in this game either, you can spend 2 hours soloing dailies and clear 150-200k if you do it right. People just don't want to earn money in the game. Lazy, lazy, lazy.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DarkSaberMaster
05.21.2012 , 02:56 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Yeah cause that's what the game needs, something that actually makes queues even longer.

There's selfishness on both sides.

Wanting someone to invest their time and resources to help you win a WZ = Selfish.

Participating in a team event without tools = Selfish.

But at the end of the day it is a cost/benefit analysis, is it worth 350k for gear you're only going to wear for 3-5 days, and ONLY in pvp, that is only going to make a SLIGHT difference in your performance?

I can't fault the people who say "no". Heck I was kind of one of them, although to be fair I hit 50 with enough comms to get WH earpiece, and BM chest. But the only recruit gear I bought was relics and wrist/belt. Sorry just couldn't justify spending 30k on a LS that REDUCED my damage 49 pts per swing, while also lowered my STR and END, that I was going to use for realistically 10-15 matches total before I traded it in.

You want Recruit gear to be required, make it suck less, or cost less.
Agree wholeheartedly with the highlighted. Recruit gear sucks.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

cultofcargo
05.21.2012 , 03:05 PM | #368
On a semi related note, I saw a guardian in weaponmaster gear the other day, asked him why and he said "why not?"

L-RANDLE
05.21.2012 , 03:11 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Agree wholeheartedly with the highlighted. Recruit gear sucks.
:-) Finally people who have seen the light....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

criminalheretic
05.21.2012 , 03:14 PM | #370
If you don't want to pay the money for gear you'll only use for a week, then don't join the warzones.

I'd rather wait longer, then get a 10 minute discount only to be surrounded by badly undergeared, ineffective teammates.

I'll never hear the tears of cost in this game either, you can spend 2 hours soloing dailies and clear 150-200k if you do it right. People just don't want to earn money in the game. Lazy, lazy, lazy.
Rebuttal:

If you don't wanna be surrounded by undergeared ineffective teammates, then don't join the warzones. (bet you sure don't mind playing against them though do ya?)

They would rather wait longer, then get a 10 minute discount only to be surrounded by WH geared players who are just going to blame their losses on them.

I do hear the tears of cost in this game, because people who actually PVP a lot, hit 50 LONG before their class/planet dailies can net them anywhere near 150-200k. And they shouldn't have to jump ahead in their story to help you in a WZ. So again they are faced with the question: Do I spend 6 hours PVE'ing to get gear so I can spend 6 hours PVP'ing to get BM gear, or do I just spend 7 hours PVP'ing and go right to the BM gear?

See what I did there, I am saying that what you want is no more important than what someone else wants.

Furthermore, of the two sides, you are the only one's making demands of someone else. So in fact what you want is LESS important because you're asking someone to do something FOR YOU. (Don't pretend for a second you care about the gaming experience of these undergeared players)

But wait, aren't they asking us to carry them in WZs? Well I suppose if you were capable of carrying undergeared players, you'd be winning more and complaining less...