Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

RoninUTA
05.14.2012 , 11:44 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by RefugeASSASSIN View Post
Its obvious you dont care how you look to other people.
So now I have to leave because your playing like a douchbag?
You don't have to do anything. Feel free to stay and play. I also should reiterate here that I do attempt to play my best, but I'm not going to stress out or grind something which I find boring and lacking in fun just to squeeze out an extra bonus for a team I do not know.

What are you saving those 300k credits for?
Beer mostly, I love me some presence bonus.

You can hide behind your arrogant "I can do what I want" comments all you want, but like it or not you are basically griefing your teamates by not doing what you can to help them win.
I would want you to be able to prove to BW that I'm griefing by not purchasing recruit gear or better. Griefing is the purposeful attempt to ruin another's gaming experience through irritation and harassment. If I were truly running around the map with nothing on yelling obscenities to everyone, then yes, I would be griefing you (extreme example). If I'm making every effort to play to the best of my mediocre abilities, then no I'm not griefing. Intent needs to be proven and I would find it difficult to believe BW would punish someone for not having recruit or better gear to queue solo.

Would I report you for not buying Recruit gear as was suggested in an earlier post? No. Would I verbally berate you for it? After about the 4th or 5th WZ in a row where we are getting rolled and your running around with 0 expertise, im damn sure going to say something in a constructive manner. Its when you respond like a child that you can do what you want that youll get the attention your craving from me.
I'm not craving any attention, but you seem to be willing to give it to me regardless so the conversation continues. I can still do what I want in this game and so can you. I see no conflict of interests here. You play how you see fit and I will play how I see fit. If I decide that it is worth my time to purchase the recruit gear over BM then I will do it (although I have yet to reach that conclusion). If I decide to grind out for BM, I feel no sympathies for you in doing so. It is my decision to make and at the moment I believe it is a diminished returns value.

L-RANDLE
05.14.2012 , 12:02 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyErvin View Post
Since you are so fast to post and use caps here I repost this.

My sorc stats in champion gear with bm weapon+belt+bracers. Buffs, sorc buff, agent buff, BH buff, rakata willp. stim.

willp. 1576
endurance 1335
b-dmg 692
exp 804 (16.89%, 14.30%, 9.14%)
crit 30%
surge 76.36 342 rating
deathfield dmg 1583-1628 (1850-1903 with exp)
Creeping terror 1856/18s (2169/18s with exp)
Froce lighting 2858/3s (3341/3s with exp)

Why should I buy recruit gear when I already have the champ gear, wase of credits.

Now do me a favor and post something similar to that without expertise. To be fair, take a culumni set with rak belt, bracers and weapon, that would be the best comparison.
Credits are easy to come by remember... Do you have 350K? I do. Ok, so well just take your word for it.... Fine. I'll post and EVEN show the screen to back it up.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

SneakyErvin
05.14.2012 , 12:12 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Credits are easy to come by remember... Do you have 350K? I do. Ok, so well just take your word for it.... Fine. I'll post and EVEN show the screen to back it up.
Back what up. Would be simple for you to allow for the easy comparison between the stats of the champ set I used and the cul set I suggestsed, but oh nevermind.

More screenshots to desipher...
Ahahahahah!!

Dabrixmgp
05.14.2012 , 12:25 PM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by RoninUTA View Post
You don't have to do anything. Feel free to stay and play. I also should reiterate here that I do attempt to play my best, but I'm not going to stress out or grind something which I find boring and lacking in fun just to squeeze out an extra bonus for a team I do not know.

Beer mostly, I love me some presence bonus.

I would want you to be able to prove to BW that I'm griefing by not purchasing recruit gear or better. Griefing is the purposeful attempt to ruin another's gaming experience through irritation and harassment. If I were truly running around the map with nothing on yelling obscenities to everyone, then yes, I would be griefing you (extreme example). If I'm making every effort to play to the best of my mediocre abilities, then no I'm not griefing. Intent needs to be proven and I would find it difficult to believe BW would punish someone for not having recruit or better gear to queue solo.

I'm not craving any attention, but you seem to be willing to give it to me regardless so the conversation continues. I can still do what I want in this game and so can you. I see no conflict of interests here. You play how you see fit and I will play how I see fit. If I decide that it is worth my time to purchase the recruit gear over BM then I will do it (although I have yet to reach that conclusion). If I decide to grind out for BM, I feel no sympathies for you in doing so. It is my decision to make and at the moment I believe it is a diminished returns value.
Seriously people like this are the reason I only win 2 or 3 Warzones all day long. Self centered ******es who only care about themselves and never play to win. This is a MMO. If you wanna drag down your teams on purpose then **** and go play a FPS or something. Just quit already. MMOs dont need more bads and all of your posts scream "Im a bad, I dont care, and I am gonna drag all my teams down to my level of fail"

L-RANDLE
05.14.2012 , 12:26 PM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyErvin View Post
Back what up. Would be simple for you to allow for the easy comparison between the stats of the champ set I used and the cul set I suggestsed, but oh nevermind.

More screenshots to desipher...

On my toon...
WP= 5,000,000,000
END=5,000,000,000
CRIT= 100%

etc, etc.

Now do you see why it matters?
***sigh.....No, probably not. I'll do both just be patient.
[EDIT] I also don't know exactly what pieces you are wearing(MASTER/MYSTIC/STALKER), but I will just put my stuff on and we will have your tale of the tape....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

RoninUTA
05.14.2012 , 12:47 PM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
Seriously people like this are the reason I only win 2 or 3 Warzones all day long. Self centered ******es who only care about themselves and never play to win.
I certainly try to play well, but again I admit to my own failings at PvP. Thank you for your input on my personality, I will take it under advisement.

This is a MMO. If you wanna drag down your teams on purpose then **** and go play a FPS or something. Just quit already.
Why would I ever quit? I'm having fun playing this game. Your discussion on my purposeful intent has already be covered so I will refrain from double posting.

MMOs dont need more bads and all of your posts scream "Im a bad, I dont care, and I am gonna drag all my teams down to my level of fail"
I would argue that MMO games need as many players as possible to be successful regardless of play style. Competitive and casual players should be welcome with open arms to a MMO as it is the subscription which essentially helps the game grow and prosper. I have fully admitted to my shortcomings in PvP. Winning is not the outcome for me; I'm there to enjoy the match and if I'm having fun it does not matter to me if I win or lose. One thing is for certain though, you will never find me calling someone else "bad" or judging them personally.

Infalliable
05.14.2012 , 01:35 PM | #287
What I find interesting is I've had 3 people in the last few days get on my case for not buying recruit gear on my L50. I'm a casual PVPer.

The toon is almost in full Rataka with a few battlemaster pices.

Swapping a Rataka piece for a single recruit piece is a roughly 2-3% hit to all stats (endurance, primary, secondaries, and some armor reduction compared to my total) since recuit gear has such poor non-expertise stats. This swapping nets a super ~1-1.5% buff to damage from the expertise. It depends a little on which item you're swapping, but recruit is a significant step down from Rataka.

funkiestj
05.14.2012 , 01:40 PM | #288
Seriously people like this are the reason I only win 2 or 3 Warzones all day long. Self centered ******es who only care about themselves and never play to win. This is a MMO. If you wanna drag down your teams on purpose then **** and go play a FPS or something. Just quit already. MMOs dont need more bads and all of your posts scream "Im a bad, I dont care, and I am gonna drag all my teams down to my level of fail"
No, ... the fact that BioWare pairs you up with them is the problem. As I've said before, Bioware will implement ranked warzones (full, not just pre-season 8x8) before your complaining makes other people change their behavior.

It is not the casual player's fault that bioware groups them up with serious competitors. Spend your energy urging bioware to prioritize ranked WZs (which require cross server WZ) higher.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

KimbonaterX
05.14.2012 , 01:41 PM | #289
Wow, I didn't know all the Call of Duty nerds were playing Star Wars: TOR.
Guys, take your meds and relax. It's just a game. We're not playing for the world series or trying to bring about world peace by playing war zones. Play and have fun. If someone is rolling in PVE gear, so be it. You know how many times I've seen a PVP player showing up in OPS and HMs in PVP gear? You don't hear me complaining. We need the player base, even if it IS bad. I'd rather take a WZ full of PVE geared ppl than no WZ's at all, because thats currently how it is on my server. 3 hrs in queue and not a single WZ pop. Fun!

G_Vega
05.14.2012 , 01:42 PM | #290
No, just plain no!

People are already leaving the game. Putting another restriction on them to enter a busted PvP system is just a bad idea. Would you like to have no one play? or do you feel PvP is for the hardcore only? To balance your suggestion, I suggest that ALL pvp gear instantly lose ALL STATS when not in a PvP zone. Make them work like the PvP adrenals and stims.
50 Marauder, Sentinel, Vanguard, Mercenary, Juggernaut

It's a long way back to Grandville, but these wonderful devs keep updating my GPS...