Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

Majestic_Jazz's Avatar


Majestic_Jazz
05.11.2012 , 01:22 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
Bioware made your awfulness my problem by sticking you on my team all day long. The sad part is there are people like you who know they're bad, who know they could do better and who don't care because they get more fun ruining my experience than playing the match.
Lol, you're now resorting to the "you suck" comments which I will not comment on, I am not bringing myself down that low. But I will say this, I play the game to have fun. I don't know how or why you play the game, but I play to have fun and to get away from the every day frustrations and stresses of real life. Most of the time I am questing or sending my companions out on crew skills so I can craft and eventually become a profitable crafter. However, from time to time I do like to jump into some Warzones for compettive gameplay against someone who isn't a computer A.I. Do I want to win? Yes, but am I going to cause a fit if I lose? No! Am I going to point fingers and call people crap because they have "inferior" gear" No, I just act like an adult and realize that this is JUST a videogame, not a real life job in which my life/job/family depends on it.

I am sorry that you are having an unfortunate time in the game, but that isn't my problem and I could careless how much fun you are having or how much of a disaster you are having. I am having fun and thats all that matters.

RoninUTA's Avatar


RoninUTA
05.11.2012 , 01:30 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Sneakypepper View Post
How about this.

Delete all pvp gear from the game. When you q for warzone at 50 and you click join, it puts you in a suit of BM gear(just for the Warzone, not permanent gear), for your class and spec, or gives you the choice of 3 sets that each focus on a different secondary stats. When you leave the warzone your back in your gear.

Everyone is now gear equal and PvP is about skill, situational awareness and strategy. The way its supposed to be.

Make pvp rewards, Money, Special titles, still give commendations or whatever, but make it so there is cool social items, mounts, medpacks, stims, pets, titles, vanity items, crafting items, and such to spend them on instead of gear.

Make PvP about skill, strategy and teamwork, not gear and FOTM toons.
You are my new most favorite person....seriously. This is the only way to end PvP arguments. People who enjoy PvP will still play in situations like the one you propose.

SneakyErvin's Avatar


SneakyErvin
05.11.2012 , 01:31 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
So I should NEVER hit a number lower than that right? Let's just wait until tonight, k...


[EDIT]Oh and I can debunk your IN-combat v OUT-combat notion too. Stay tuned...
I dont know, is that your minimum value on the spell tooltip or top end?

I'm sure it can dip below just like it can peak above, just like I told you. Also remember that "3132 x 0.7 = 2192.4 x1.0752 = 2357.26848" is with trauma and 7.26 healing expertise included. So any way to get close to that in live testing is to run several WZs with a parcer running. You also need to be aware of what buffs you had on you when cant your heals, otherwise the results can differ.

My spells were up at 2978 in the tooltip, but it peaked at 3006. So the tooltip isnt 100% accurate, which would explain your placebo effect from earlier "tests".
Ahahahahah!!

Rhadamanthine's Avatar


Rhadamanthine
05.11.2012 , 01:43 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
Whether you carry me or not is not my problem. Maybe you should take a videogame [glorified toy] just a little less seriously and hopefully that should solve your problems.

Again, pay my monthly subscription and I'll play the game the way you like. Until then, go sit down somewhere. I bought the game and I pay for it every month. I have the RIGHT to play the way I want to play and I am not going to stress myself out or alter my gameplay just to satisfy someone online that I never met or plan on ever meeting.
The issue is less the fact that people can play as they want (feel free), and more that people who want to play another way are stuck with those people. In PVE, that doesn't have to be the case. If you want to play it your way, and your way involves not putting out a certain amount of effort, then you are excluded from groups who don't agree with that (go sell that philosophy to hardcore raid groups). In PVP, everyone is stuck together regardless of how disparate their little visions of ideal play are. And that breeds...entitlement! Which you are so graciously exhibiting.

As a counterpoint: You (or whoever is doing that) pay part of the monthly sub of people stuck with you, then when what you do impacts their experience, you will have made up for it. But no, that wouldn't work either, would it? I guess then you'll just have to accept that some people don't like that philosophy and learn to deal with listening to them. No one is going to 'sit down and shut up' for you - do feel free to stop posting about it if it's just a videogame and thus means that little. No one is going to be happy when you likewise ruin their experience. If you can't compromise your lofty ideals then that is what you need to come to terms with.

Addendum: Put your money where your mouth is, and get to 50 with an alt. Don't get any WZ comms, or very few, to pose it realistically for a lot of the people you're championing. Then, do the grind to BM with no Recruit. Come back and tell us how much you enjoyed it, honestly. I dare you to do it. And I'll tell you something: when 1.2 hit, I played a few matches with my cent/champ equipped main that had underpar Expertise. It wasn't fun - recruit geared people had more expertise than me and it showed. When my alts hit 50, I'm going to get them recruit gear because I can't imagine the amount of not-fun it would be to do the BM grind naked of Expertise. 320k is a small price to pay, even with the not-great stats, for having expertise to lessen the amount of pain better geared people hand you. I didn't enjoy the virgin expertise grind pre-1.2, and I certainly wouldn't enjoy it now.

RoninUTA's Avatar


RoninUTA
05.11.2012 , 01:44 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
See, my problem isn't that people like you exist. My problem is that people like you get put onto my team all day long and we get steam rolled because of it. Do I care that you're ok with losing? No, give me the ability to queue with people who want to win though.
You have the absolute right to leave the game at any time just as I have the absolue right to queue solo with nothing on at all. Tell me this, what would stop me from purchasing Recruit gear, queuing up, and stripping down to the gray undies and streaking all over the huttball arena? In fact now I'm tempted to do that even more. I'm not in WZs to win, I'm in to have fun and if I win all the better; icing on the cake so to speak.

Dabrixmgp's Avatar


Dabrixmgp
05.11.2012 , 01:45 PM | #246
If they dont buy it report them for griefing as they are purposely dragging down your team.

RoninUTA's Avatar


RoninUTA
05.11.2012 , 01:51 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
If they dont buy it report them for griefing as they are purposely dragging down your team.
I would find the non-purchase of equipment difficult to prove as "purposely". What if I really like the look of my armor? What if I really like the stats as is? In any game where queues pick random people you are going to have very little control over who you play with at any given time. Nature of the beast.

Majestic_Jazz's Avatar


Majestic_Jazz
05.11.2012 , 01:57 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhadamanthine View Post
The issue is less the fact that people can play as they want (feel free), and more that people who want to play another way are stuck with those people. In PVE, that doesn't have to be the case. If you want to play it your way, and your way involves not putting out a certain amount of effort, then you are excluded from groups who don't agree with that (go sell that philosophy to hardcore raid groups). In PVP, everyone is stuck together regardless of how disparate their little visions of ideal play are. And that breeds...entitlement! Which you are so graciously exhibiting.

As a counterpoint: You (or whoever is doing that) pay part of the monthly sub of people stuck with you, then when what you do impacts their experience, you will have made up for it. But no, that wouldn't work either, would it? I guess then you'll just have to accept that some people don't like that philosophy and learn to deal with listening to them. No one is going to 'sit down and shut up' for you - do feel free to stop posting about it if it's just a videogame and thus means that little. No one is going to be happy when you likewise ruin their experience. If you can't compromise your lofty ideals then that is what you need to come to terms with.

Addendum: Put your money where your mouth is, and get to 50 with an alt. Don't get any WZ comms, or very few, to pose it realistically for a lot of the people you're championing. Then, do the grind to BM with no Recruit. Come back and tell us how much you enjoyed it, honestly. I dare you to do it. And I'll tell you something: when 1.2 hit, I played a few matches with my cent/champ equipped main that had underpar Expertise. It wasn't fun - recruit geared people had more expertise than me and it showed. When my alts hit 50, I'm going to get them recruit gear because I can't imagine the amount of not-fun it would be to do the BM grind naked of Expertise. 320k is a small price to pay, even with the not-great stats, for having expertise to lessen the amount of pain better geared people hand you. I didn't enjoy the virgin expertise grind pre-1.2, and I certainly wouldn't enjoy it now.
Well said and at least your response was a bit more mature and less of "You suck! Get out of my game!". So while I disagree with what you said, I still respect it.

Still, I maintain my stance. When I turn level 50, I am not going to purposely not play Warzones until I get enough credits to buy the recruit gear, no! If I just hit 50 and I decide that I want to play some warzones, I will do so. I am not going to stop myself because I don't want to offend others because I am "under geared". Why should I please these people? I play the game to please myself and that means playing what I want when I want.

Going back to what I said before, just cause you are anyone else was breaking bank once they hit 50 doesn't mean everyone else has the same situation. You don't know what that person may have or may not have been doing with their credits while leveling. With all these money sinks [Legacy comes to mind], it is really possible to hit L50 and have like only 60K in the bank. I know, it seems crazy but everyone's situation is unique. Maybe they spent their credits buying rare items [Thing the White crystals pre 1.2], or top of the line items [such as speeders]. Maybe they have gone broke running crew skill missions and haven't gotten tot he point where they are making a profit [it takes money to make money]. I can go on and on but my point is, not everyone is set it a bunch of credits once they hit 50.

Second, because they aren't set with credits, telling someone to just do dailies doesn't make any sense either. Again, this person has the right to play the game the way they want to play. Perhaps this person does not want to do dailies, maybe they just complete the game's story and decided that they are now bored with all that questing and does not want to have anything to do with PvE anymore until new content comes. Perhaps they want to grind Warzones to make credits [I know, it is crazy, but people might like this option]. So while they are playing WZs in green/orange gear, they might be taking that money earned and applying it to buy their first piece of Recruit gear and so on.

Not everyone who does not have full gear are people purposely trying to ruin the experience. Remember, we all start off at the bottom and must build ourselves back up. How we do that is unique to all of us. You might like to make your money through dailies, I might like to make my money through GTN, and the next person might like to make their money by grinding WZs. You might not agree with it, but you at least have to respect it.

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
05.11.2012 , 01:58 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyErvin View Post
I dont know, is that your minimum value on the spell tooltip or top end?

I'm sure it can dip below just like it can peak above, just like I told you. Also remember that "3132 x 0.7 = 2192.4 x1.0752 = 2357.26848" is with trauma and 7.26 healing expertise included. So any way to get close to that in live testing is to run several WZs with a parcer running. You also need to be aware of what buffs you had on you when cant your heals, otherwise the results can differ.

My spells were up at 2978 in the tooltip, but it peaked at 3006. So the tooltip isnt 100% accurate, which would explain your placebo effect from earlier "tests".
Do you not think I made sure all things were equal. You didn't even analyze the photos well enough to see I took great care to have the same buffs on...

Another excuse ("oh its not 100% accurate all the time")? WHAT!! Sounds like the begining of enlightenment to me.
Spells? What spells? Heals? Damage (did you know the other player's stats or if any DEBUFFS were present)? I am sure you have photos to prove this right?


Go look at the photos again. Your tool tip changes if you get a player buffs. 3132 is the minimum, after all Player buffs (Knight/Troop/Smugg)/ETC) were applied outside of the WZ. Now forward 1min, those same buffs still present as evident by the tool tip reading (or just look at the damn pictures above my HP bar) and I hit what i hit. In fact, I had the SAME player buffs(ALL 4 OF THEM) and my RAK WP STIM in ALL OF THE PHOTOS.

Lets be real here. Your "example" is a 28HP difference. My formula versus yours is 165HP and the order of magnitude is WAY smaller. ("2978 in the tooltip, but it peaked at 3006" versus "2236 or 2357") That is a WAY higher fluctuation...

Here I will give you a clue how I will prove being "in-combat" don't matter and ONLY the green on your Nameplate kicks in PvP stats:
What will my max heal with the trauma buff on while out of combat?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Dabrixmgp's Avatar


Dabrixmgp
05.11.2012 , 02:04 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
Still, I maintain my stance. When I turn level 50, I am not going to purposely not play Warzones until I get enough credits to buy the recruit gear, no! If I just hit 50 and I decide that I want to play some warzones, I will do so. I am not going to stop myself because I don't want to offend others because I am "under geared". Why should I please these people? I play the game to please myself and that means playing what I want when I want.
If you get to 50 and cant afford recruit gear you played the game wrong. I was able to buy my set and sets for my DPS companion and my Healer companion and still had 2 million left over.