Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

SneakyErvin
05.10.2012 , 01:46 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Thanks.
Do not trust those results.
Ahahahahah!!

L-RANDLE
05.10.2012 , 02:07 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyErvin View Post
Below from your posts.

And

This is as flawed as expertise adrenal/expertise testing in general can get. You tried self healing, in cages, while waiting to spawn and so on, all according to your own statements in these quotes.

This does not bring any facts or data worth squat. You must be active in PvP combat to get the expertise bonus. Expertise only effects you if you are currently figthing another player. Also the 15% adrenal didnt increase your expertise %, it increased expertise rating by 15% i.e 100 rating+adrenal = 115 rating. But it doesnt matter, you must be in combat with another player for expertise to have effect.

For the love of all things unholy just read the expertise tooltips on your damn character sheet already.

"Increases health restored when healing a player or companion character involved in PvP combat."

WH/BM is moddable, learn to read paragraphs. Unless you misunderstood my last line, which means you dont need to stick to just say eliminator when buying recruit if you want to max power or something.

And if you checked mr.robot you would see force power is missing in your first link for the off-hand. Didnt bother checking what else is missing on there.
What? You mean on the PvE example? Ok fine, but it does nothing but proves my point further.

How exactly to you min/max a recruit set? You can't because switching might give you a USELESS stat. "Yeah this stalker one is great, but it has ""accuracy"" on it." I'm a DPS Sage.....derp...

About my testing:
As long as your nameplate turns green, you are in PvP, so testing on ships is just as relavant as testing while babysitting a node. Even if I am in the cage, after a defeat, I AM STILL IN PVP COMBAT. I after I got some push back on that I hid behind a box on VOIDSTAR. On top of ALL of that, I went to Ilum. Same things held true... Now you can be dismissive on this all you want, but how do you explain the apparent "buff" to my tooltip rating on heals when I used a WZ adrenal on the ship? Was I out-performing my tooltip since the adrenal had no impact on my healing? PLEASE!!!

You obviously think your expertise is king, I won't fight you on it anymore...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango
Not only are you scissors, but you can be rock every 1.5/1min

YanksfanJP
05.10.2012 , 02:08 PM | #183
There will be a Recruit Gear requirement to queue for PvP the same day there's an intelligence requirement on post on this forum.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

L-RANDLE
05.10.2012 , 02:13 PM | #184
Below from your posts.

And

This is as flawed as expertise adrenal/expertise testing in general can get. You tried self healing, in cages, while waiting to spawn and so on, all according to your own statements in these quotes.

This does not bring any facts or data worth squat. You must be active in PvP combat to get the expertise bonus. Expertise only effects you if you are currently figthing another player. Also the 15% adrenal didnt increase your expertise %, it increased expertise rating by 15% i.e 100 rating+adrenal = 115 rating. But it doesnt matter, you must be in combat with another player for expertise to have effect.

For the love of all things unholy just read the expertise tooltips on your damn character sheet already.

"Increases health restored when healing a player or companion character involved in PvP combat."

WH/BM is moddable, learn to read paragraphs. Unless you misunderstood my last line, which means you dont need to stick to just say eliminator when buying recruit if you want to max power or something.

And if you checked mr.robot you would see force power is missing in your first link for the off-hand. Didnt bother checking what else is missing on there.
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...a-5fb24469272d

Here I fixed the PvE example. With a worst one than I had.... Oh and notice how it clipped your damage bonus...

Vodrin
05.10.2012 , 02:16 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by oPURT View Post
Blah, blah, blah. It's a game, they can do whatever they want, just the same as you. Besides, I bet you don't complain at all when they end up on the other team.
I do. I hate lopsided wins almost as much as lopsided losses. The close, well played games where everyone on both teams has gear are the fun games.

L-RANDLE
05.10.2012 , 02:19 PM | #186
Do not trust those results.
May I ask you for any of yours? I forgot....,

YOU DON'T HAVE THE PvE GEAR TO EVEN SEE THE DIFFERENCE...

SneakyErvin
05.10.2012 , 02:25 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
What? You mean on the PvE example? Ok fine, but it does nothing but proves my point further.

How exactly to you min/max a recruit set? You can't because switching might give you a USELESS stat. "Yeah this stalker one is great, but it has ""accuracy"" on it." I'm a DPS Sage.....derp...

About my testing:
As long as your nameplate turns green, you are in PvP, so testing on ships is just as relavant as testing while babysitting a node. Even if I am in the cage, after a defeat, I AM STILL IN PVP COMBAT. I after I got some push back on that I hid behind a box on VOIDSTAR. On top of ALL of that, I went to Ilum. Same things held true... Now you can be dismissive on this all you want, but how do you explain the apparent "buff" to my tooltip rating on heals when I used a WZ adrenal on the ship? Was I out-performing my tooltip since the adrenal had no impact on my healing? PLEASE!!!

You obviously think your expertise is king, I won't fight you on it anymore...
PvE example? No I'm talking about the PvP healing example and adrenal. The PvE adrenals can be tested anywhere. And you remember this testing was done prior to 1.2, the patch that gave correct tooltips on min/max damage/healing and so on. So all in all it was a placebo effect, nothing more. Or the effect of Force Might or something else that didnt get updated properly in the tooltip.

But again

1. The adrenal increases rating.
2. You must be in active combat to get the healing bonus. Seen it first hand many times on my sorc guarding objectives and draining myself. Snatching a WZ exp buff or chugging an adrenal with no bonus to my healing. Since I'm not fighting anyone.
3. How many documented heals do you have in a PvE area, like the fleet or somewhere else? You cant just start testing in a WZ, you need a pile of tries outside the WZ and the same amount inside. You need to test it in combat and out of combat in WZ and calculate the trauma buff into it.

And no I dont think my expertise is king, I just know its impact and benefit. All I've seen from you is angry behavior, poor "facts" and flawed testing.

You still havent answered me what made rakata so great suddenly even though expertise got a HUGE buff. Rakata geared players died very easily with centurion/champ gear pre 1.2. What changed that made them better now?

edit: Good you updated that. Still you wasted alot of credits on 49 epics/augments for gear that is inferior to recruit gear. Sorry that you min/maxed to get optimal endurance power and surge, costing you probably 2 times the recruit gear, for pretty much 0 benefit.

Sure your surge negates the abs when you crit, but the abs negates your surge at the same time. I will still deal 18% damage more at all times, for a cheaper penny. I will also see huge expertise benefits for each piece of BM gear I get while you wont notice a huge difference before having close to a full set.
Ahahahahah!!

L-RANDLE
05.10.2012 , 02:53 PM | #188
PvE example? No I'm talking about the PvP healing example and adrenal. The PvE adrenals can be tested anywhere. And you remember this testing was done prior to 1.2, the patch that gave correct tooltips on min/max damage/healing and so on. So all in all it was a placebo effect, nothing more. Or the effect of Force Might or something else that didnt get updated properly in the tooltip.

But again

1. The adrenal increases rating.
2. You must be in active combat to get the healing bonus. Seen it first hand many times on my sorc guarding objectives and draining myself. Snatching a WZ exp buff or chugging an adrenal with no bonus to my healing. Since I'm not fighting anyone.
3. How many documented heals do you have in a PvE area, like the fleet or somewhere else? You cant just start testing in a WZ, you need a pile of tries outside the WZ and the same amount inside. You need to test it in combat and out of combat in WZ and calculate the trauma buff into it.

And no I dont think my expertise is king, I just know its impact and benefit. All I've seen from you is angry behavior, poor "facts" and flawed testing.

You still havent answered me what made rakata so great suddenly even though expertise got a HUGE buff. Rakata geared players died very easily with centurion/champ gear pre 1.2. What changed that made them better now?
Your answer: Plese excuse the questions first....
Q: WHY DID THEY BUFF EXPERTISE ON BM GEAR, IF IT WAS ALREADY BETTER THAN RAKATA?
A: IT WAS NOT BETTER, INFACT IT WAS SUBPAR BECAUSE THE MODS/ENH WERE IDENTICAL, BUT THE ARMOR SLOTS WERE NOT.

Rakata was ALWAYS BETTER THAN BM, it is also universally accepted that in PRE 1.2, you could PvP in Rakata and not be a disservice to yourself or your team.
Why was this? What was the difference between RAK and BM pieces?
The armor slot.
What does the armor slot consist of? END/MAIN..... so main stat matters in PVP REGARDLESS OF WHAT TIER LEVEL YOU ARE AT.

The armor slot is STILL unchanged, which was the ONLY reason there was a difference pre-1.2. They added +50EXP(1.4%) to account for the difference. NOW BM IS MORE IN LINE WITH RAKATA. Shiz, I see and IMP Jugg running aroung with 20K+ HP (and his HP is too high to be in full WH gear). Even with full recruit gear, good luck taking that guy down, he will swat you like a fly...

You also forget the trauma debuff, so if you are "in combat" you get buffed, then debuffed.... ok...

[EDIT]
Placebo? You can't explain why I exceeded the tooltip when I was on the ship?
So tooltip could have been wrong when I was on the ship testing WZ ADR, but correct when I was off the ship testing Rakata?
If you can self-heal, try it yourself, but you probably can't.. Since I am am a Sage I can, just on that alone, my testing has more credibility than your fanboy expertise cheering.....

SneakyErvin
05.10.2012 , 03:41 PM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Your answer: Plese excuse the questions first....
Q: WHY DID THEY BUFF EXPERTISE ON BM GEAR, IF IT WAS ALREADY BETTER THAN RAKATA?
A: IT WAS NOT BETTER, INFACT IT WAS SUBPAR BECAUSE THE MODS/ENH WERE IDENTICAL, BUT THE ARMOR SLOTS WERE NOT.

Rakata was ALWAYS BETTER THAN BM, it is also universally accepted that in PRE 1.2, you could PvP in Rakata and not be a disservice to yourself or your team.
Why was this? What was the difference between RAK and BM pieces?
The armor slot.
What does the armor slot consist of? END/MAIN..... so main stat matters in PVP REGARDLESS OF WHAT TIER LEVEL YOU ARE AT.

The armor slot is STILL unchanged, which was the ONLY reason there was a difference pre-1.2. They added +50EXP(1.4%) to account for the difference. NOW BM IS MORE IN LINE WITH RAKATA. Shiz, I see and IMP Jugg running aroung with 20K+ HP (and his HP is too high to be in full WH gear). Even with full recruit gear, good luck taking that guy down, he will swat you like a fly...

You also forget the trauma debuff, so if you are "in combat" you get buffed, then debuffed.... ok...

[EDIT]
Placebo? You can't explain why I exceeded the tooltip when I was on the ship?
So tooltip could have been wrong when I was on the ship testing WZ ADR, but correct when I was off the ship testing Rakata?
If you can self-heal, try it yourself, but you probably can't.. Since I am am a Sage I can, just on that alone, my testing has more credibility than your fanboy expertise cheering.....
No BM gear was better and is better for PvP. 10-12% expertise vs none pre 1.2 makes up for the difference in main stats/end. Itsup to a 25% difference when it comes to totaling damage output/reduction. No matter how you try to turn it. Some rakata+BM was viable, but pure BM vs pure rakata would mean advantage for BM.

And the armor slot consisted of end+main+exp for PvP gear and end+stat and a secondary stat for pve gear pre 1.2. There was no expertise on other mods of the gear until 1.2 hit.

Tio = cent, cul = champ, rak = BM. Except that the PvP versions had expertise which benefits you more in PvP than a slightly higher stat.

And what "ship" are you talking about? You mean the fleet or your ship or? Outside a wZ I assume. In which case I call complete BS on your "testing" of WZ adrenal. Because you know what. Can only be used in Warzones.

You talk so much BS its inline with trolling.

And I did not forget the trauma debuff, I told you it needs to be included in proper testing variables. Dont skip through posts and make false claims.

So still, yes, placebo.
Ahahahahah!!

L-RANDLE
05.10.2012 , 07:33 PM | #190
No BM gear was better and is better for PvP. 10-12% expertise vs none pre 1.2 makes up for the difference in main stats/end. Itsup to a 25% difference when it comes to totaling damage output/reduction. No matter how you try to turn it. Some rakata+BM was viable, but pure BM vs pure rakata would mean advantage for BM.

And the armor slot consisted of end+main+exp for PvP gear and end+stat and a secondary stat for pve gear pre 1.2. There was no expertise on other mods of the gear until 1.2 hit.

Tio = cent, cul = champ, rak = BM. Except that the PvP versions had expertise which benefits you more in PvP than a slightly higher stat.

And what "ship" are you talking about? You mean the fleet or your ship or? Outside a wZ I assume. In which case I call complete BS on your "testing" of WZ adrenal. Because you know what. Can only be used in Warzones.

You talk so much BS its inline with trolling.

And I did not forget the trauma debuff, I told you it needs to be included in proper testing variables. Dont skip through posts and make false claims.

So still, yes, placebo.
"Lemont, you big dummy."
Ship= Spawn point on Alderaan
Cage= Behind th Force field on voidstar/hutball
Open world Ilum, behind a box @ voidstar/HB, sitting at a turret on Alderaan, it dont matter. Its all PvP because the PvP flag is toggled... This is were my test were done... SO.... NO..... NOT "PLACEBO" and I also took other players and the trauma debuff out of the equation. So it comes down to MY stats and my stats alone...

Now that I have explained what I thought were obvious things, can you explain why I exceeded my tooltip value with the WZ adrenal, but didn't hit the marks it should have with the 15% expertise gain? Proabaly not besides saying "oh its a bug" or "because the devs said so". NO, like I said, if you could self heal you would see I'm right about expertise, but you can't, so your opinion about it is uneducated to say the least. Do I need to make a video on Ilum to prove it? I guess so, since you can't understand.

As for the increase, the max is 22% damage on BM which is ONLY a 4% difference from what it was previously, so once again you have no clue what you are talking about.
http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

People sat at 12% because they UNDERSTOOD that expertise, at the heart, was a NERF compaired to the same tier PvP equiv..

You really think 4% makes an effing difference? And this is just from the damage perspective. Current max on BM for healing is 12%. You do realize that main stat affects your healing too? Is that 12% gain really worth nerfing your healing bonus by 200 or more?

Here is the graph again for 1100EXP what were the values pre 1.2 or post 1.2?
http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/e...-of-champions/

AGAIN I say... Do you have the pieces to compare ANYTHING? No. You just blindly believe what people say even though the equations behind the game don't jive, and you have no idea how damage is calculated. Here you go...
http://www.jedilace.com/2012/03/06/h...re-calculated/

As a Sage, I deal force attacks, so just lop off the top two lines. It boils down to Damage Bonus(Player controlled), and Base damage(BW controlled), so if I sacrifice bonus damage (in the form of main/power/force) for the sake of expertise(a player dependant secondary stat like power), what am I really gaining? This is why I did the testing..

How about you do a screenshot of the tooltip of your BEST attack, pull upiyour toon stats so I can see your surge rating and exp rating ,at the same time. Then get me a WZ scoreboard of your best single hit to see if it falls within what your expertise percentage should have been on that attack. You won't even be close....