Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

Cupelixx
05.09.2012 , 06:00 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malkaevian View Post
And you spend about 1.5 million on Skill training. Which leaves you with -500k ( I am being sarcastic but seriously you spend about 800k on L50 Skills depending on your class, so you made 1 mil or so leveling up, well -800k on skills, - another 200k on speeder/aesthetics, etc)

When I hit 50 I had 800k too on my sorce, after I was done training I went and Bought the recruit gear (or what I could afford) and guess what? After buying a few pieces of the recruit gear I was broke.

I have better things to do with 800k then buy some recruit gear that will be useless in 2 days once I get the medals for BM gear. So yea im gonna PvP in **** greens for a week, and pop into a WZ with Full BM and remain 500k richer then I would having bought the worthless Recruit ****.
I'll queue as a tank, but I don't want to taunt the enemy. It takes extra focus on my part and an additional button press. Why bother when someone else will taunt at some point anyway? Oh and forget capturing objectives. Everyone goes right for me when I do that and I die in seconds. Defense? Yeah right, the enemy team is going to capture it anyway so I'll die for nothing. I'll just 1v1 people all match so I can still get my medals and comms. If someone calls for backup, I'll stay put. Who wants to run all the way across the map for a fight that will be half over by the time you get there?

How would you like to have a team full of people like that? By knowingly queuing with no gear, you are waving a huge flag that says "I don't care about the team or trying to win". No PvP gear means you die that much faster, which means you spend more time waiting at the zone entrance, which means more time contributing absolutely zero to the team effort. And guess what? When people see others doing this, they aren't going to make the effort to help those slackers in the match.

There is no getting around it. The recruit set is not overwhelmingly expensive, and you are being a detriment to the entire team if you go in without that set as a minimum. I leveled a sorc to 50 using no credits at all from my main. I leveled with Biochem, bought my speeders, constantly ran crew missions, even bought items on the GTN. When I hit 50, I had enough to train all of my new abilities and buy the recruit set with over 300k to spare. If you are really that broke and can't be bothered to do a couple hours of dailies so you can buy competitive PvP gear, I feel sorry for the good players on your team.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

kronomandar
05.09.2012 , 07:14 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
...Are your seriously suggesting wearing recuit gear is better than wearing Rakata?
Do you want 16% increase on 600 bonus damage or 700 bonus damage?...
are you seriously suggesting a fresh 50 can have a full set of rakata within minutes of dinging for just 300k creds, or even pre-farmed before dinging?

600bd +16% vs 700bd....negligable difference. if thats vs rakata, the recruit gear wins hands down simply on ease of aquisition.
the additional mitigation is icing on the cake. icing that your rakata does not have.

enjoying being an un-iced cake while those recruit equiped players eat you alive.

also, for those who thought ahead, they'll have 4 pieces of BM and the remainder recruit when they ding.
for the thoughtless, its full recruit or face the rage of players like we are seeing in this thread.

Astarica
05.09.2012 , 07:25 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by kronomandar View Post
are you seriously suggesting a fresh 50 can have a full set of rakata within minutes of dinging for just 300k creds, or even pre-farmed before dinging?

600bd +16% vs 700bd....negligable difference. if thats vs rakata, the recruit gear wins hands down simply on ease of aquisition.
the additional mitigation is icing on the cake. icing that your rakata does not have.

enjoying being an un-iced cake while those recruit equiped players eat you alive.

also, for those who thought ahead, they'll have 4 pieces of BM and the remainder recruit when they ding.
for the thoughtless, its full recruit or face the rage of players like we are seeing in this thread.
The modifier for Expertise applies to the base damage too, which accounts for a rather considerable part of the skill's damage/healing/whatever.

You'd probably be better off buying BM weapon + offhand first assuming you plan on doing some PvE on the side. It's especially handy for dailys since weapon and offhand accounts for a disproportional amount of your total damage, especially if you're a tech/force based class (white damage class can skip the offhand). It'd be less Expertise but it should help you make some cash quicker via dailys. Of course if you don't care about PvE at all then you should buy the cheapest pieces first to maximize Expertise.

L-RANDLE
05.09.2012 , 08:48 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by kronomandar View Post

no I am not compairing Rakata to recruit, but this person did.
Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyErvin View Post
You are so missinformed. Please do not advice the community.
Not only do I deal 16.74% more damage to you while you wear PvE gear, but you deal 14.34% less to me aswell. Making the gap HUGE between PvP recruit gear and pretty much any PvE gear. The recruit weapons damage is also better than any form of fresh level 50 epic/modded you can get.
You also convienently forget that the decrease in END from rakata to recruit is around 200HP PER PIECE!!!!!!
Recruit v PvE with L49-50 epics
BM v RAK
etc etc...
All in the same ballpark...

Here I will make it easier..
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/429...-masters-relay
67END
59WP
42CRIT
42ALA
69EXP=1.71 increase in damage, 1.68 mitigation, .92% healing

or
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/438...resolve-system
Augmented(+18END, +12WP) for me and I can wear @ lvl 49 mind you!!!
68END
72WP
25CRIT
40SUR
29ALA

For the sake of arugument we will say END is a wash. My "naked" damage bonus is 92.9
FROM A DAMAGE STANDPOINT:
Going to recruit:
New Damage Bonus: 106.7
EXP increase: 125 DAMAGE

Expert Nano: = +14.4 DAMAGE
No EXP increase: 107.3 DAMAGE

This is an 18HP damage difference....NOMINAL. When you consider that your crit rating was nerfed because of the lower main stat & your surge is NON-EXISTENT.... NOMINAL EXCHANGE. Then you also lump in the fact that the higher EXP goes, the LESS it contributes to the "damage increase".....NOMINAL EXCHANGE.. THIS HAS NOT CHANGED SINCE 1.2... This is one of the "BEST" pieces. I can show you a TON OF WORST trades, and this is just from the damage perspective. Mitigation and heals are FAR worst. ONCE AGAIN TIER FOR TIER PvE is still sufficent to PvP. The problem is wearing lvl 47 greens in the 50 bracket. They are actually undergeared for PvE. Trust me, no one in 100% recruit gear will be viable in post 50 PvE (Raids and HM flashpoints at least).

RECRUIT GEAR IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO:
A. Don't want to do dailies.
B. Don't Raid/FP.
PS: EXP Healing bonus is ONLY for healing output from yourself, not taken from others players or PvP medpaks, and even if it did, you MAIN and POW/FOR/TECH contributes to your healing bonus as well, so you again are taking away MAIN for little EXP gains from a heals perspective.
So again moral of the story: if you dont have lvl 49/50 epics buy the recruit set.....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Culdor
05.09.2012 , 09:00 PM | #145
I agree with this completely and have been saying as much even before recruit gear was put into the game. There is gear checks for PvE, why not PvP? PvP is a competitive activity, no one wants a team full of folks that cant be bothered to be prepared for PvP, just like no one wants some under geared person in their PvE runs.

Getting recruit gear is supper easy, there is simply no reason for not having it.

Declan_Vee
05.09.2012 , 09:32 PM | #146
Horrible time reading this thread, I'll keep my answer straightfoward.

I'm not going to throw away credits and stats to replacing my HARD EARNED Champion pieces for an increase in expertise. If you don't like my comparitively low expertise, tough.

kronomandar
05.09.2012 , 09:45 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Declan_Vee View Post
Horrible time reading this thread, I'll keep my answer straightfoward.

I'm not going to throw away credits and stats to replacing my HARD EARNED Champion pieces for an increase in expertise. If you don't like my comparitively low expertise, tough.
if you have champion pieces....

why arent you in full battlemaster yet?
you've had more than enough time to replace them with the better set.

NDiggy
05.09.2012 , 11:04 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
no I am not compairing Rakata to recruit, but this person did. You also convienently forget that the decrease in END from rakata to recruit is around 200HP PER PIECE!!!!!!
Recruit v PvE with L49-50 epics
BM v RAK
etc etc...
All in the same ballpark...

Here I will make it easier..
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/429...-masters-relay
67END
59WP
42CRIT
42ALA
69EXP=1.71 increase in damage, 1.68 mitigation, .92% healing

or
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/438...resolve-system
Augmented(+18END, +12WP) for me and I can wear @ lvl 49 mind you!!!
68END
72WP
25CRIT
40SUR
29ALA

For the sake of arugument we will say END is a wash. My "naked" damage bonus is 92.9
FROM A DAMAGE STANDPOINT:
Going to recruit:
New Damage Bonus: 106.7
EXP increase: 125 DAMAGE

Expert Nano: = +14.4 DAMAGE
No EXP increase: 107.3 DAMAGE

This is an 18HP damage difference....NOMINAL. When you consider that your crit rating was nerfed because of the lower main stat & your surge is NON-EXISTENT.... NOMINAL EXCHANGE. Then you also lump in the fact that the higher EXP goes, the LESS it contributes to the "damage increase".....NOMINAL EXCHANGE.. THIS HAS NOT CHANGED SINCE 1.2... This is one of the "BEST" pieces. I can show you a TON OF WORST trades, and this is just from the damage perspective. Mitigation and heals are FAR worst. ONCE AGAIN TIER FOR TIER PvE is still sufficent to PvP. The problem is wearing lvl 47 greens in the 50 bracket. They are actually undergeared for PvE. Trust me, no one in 100% recruit gear will be viable in post 50 PvE (Raids and HM flashpoints at least).

RECRUIT GEAR IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO:
A. Don't want to do dailies.
B. Don't Raid/FP.
PS: EXP Healing bonus is ONLY for healing output from yourself, not taken from others players or PvP medpaks, and even if it did, you MAIN and POW/FOR/TECH contributes to your healing bonus as well, so you again are taking away MAIN for little EXP gains from a heals perspective.
So again moral of the story: if you dont have lvl 49/50 epics buy the recruit set.....
I think you're missing something about how important expertise is now. I have wrecked people in rakata in nothing but recruit gear. Its like beating a tied up goat. BW has even said that the recruit set is better for pvp than any pve gear.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

KBSIP
05.09.2012 , 11:13 PM | #149
you must be on a small server if your q is that long, how hard is it to inform the 7 other people (or 15 if you're doing same side pvp) to grab the recruit gear? I'm sure they aren't all fresh 50s and it would be a welcome credit sink for them that isn't as expensive as legacy.

Please tell me your server and alt names, btw, I'd love to run some warzones with you in 10-49, and I'll only use standard gear.

NDiggy
05.10.2012 , 09:04 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by KBSIP View Post
you must be on a small server if your q is that long, how hard is it to inform the 7 other people (or 15 if you're doing same side pvp) to grab the recruit gear? I'm sure they aren't all fresh 50s and it would be a welcome credit sink for them that isn't as expensive as legacy.

Please tell me your server and alt names, btw, I'd love to run some warzones with you in 10-49, and I'll only use standard gear.
Veela is near the bottom for server population. No excuse not to have recruit gear.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin