Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to be better at treasure hunting and artifice

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How to be better at treasure hunting and artifice

JoonKimDMD
12.17.2011 , 08:54 PM | #1
Hi guys.
I was wondering if there is a way to increase the chance of bringing rarest item from treasure hunting. I see number is reaching out of 400 but I don't know what that is indicating.

Alos artifice skill only lets me make certain useless items. What should I do to learn making new and useless items?

thanks.

Nmaharg
12.17.2011 , 09:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JoonKimDMD View Post
Hi guys.
I was wondering if there is a way to increase the chance of bringing rarest item from treasure hunting. I see number is reaching out of 400 but I don't know what that is indicating.

Alos artifice skill only lets me make certain useless items. What should I do to learn making new and useless items?

thanks.
Hilts are far from useless. They raise the level of orange sabers. make green hilts RE them until up unlock the blue version, RE the blue version until you unlock the purple version, win.

RaveApex
12.17.2011 , 09:47 PM | #3
1) Craft
2) Reverse Engineer
3) repeat 1-2
4) ???
5) Profit
╣ऄ╬╬╬╬╬╬ऄ[)ऄ╣██████████████████)

Eujin
12.17.2011 , 09:49 PM | #4
The only way to have better chances at critting on a craft is to have a companion with a Artifice or Treasure Hunting critical bonus.

JoonKimDMD
12.17.2011 , 11:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmaharg View Post
Hilts are far from useless. They raise the level of orange sabers. make green hilts RE them until up unlock the blue version, RE the blue version until you unlock the purple version, win.
but the only hilts I can make are useless hilts.
How do I make or unlock a skill to make good hilts?

drakeborn
12.17.2011 , 11:36 PM | #6
but the only hilts I can make are useless hilts.
How do I make or unlock a skill to make good hilts?
Reverse engineer the appropriate level hilts until you get the blue recipe. Do it on those until you get the purple. Then craft a lightsaber hilt that does FAR more damage than any quest drop at the same level.

drakeborn
12.17.2011 , 11:37 PM | #7
Hi guys.
That is your skill level out of a max of 400.

JoonKimDMD
12.17.2011 , 11:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by drakeborn View Post
That is your skill level out of a max of 400.
when can I start reverse engineering?

DenyTheTruth
12.18.2011 , 12:08 AM | #9
Immediately. There is a button in your inventory that switches you to the mode and then you right click to re.

Skodan
12.18.2011 , 12:11 AM | #10
when can I start reverse engineering?
right away, in your inventory there should be an icon in the top right corner, click it and then right click your crafted items to reverse engineer them, you will have a small chance to unlock the schematic for the next level of it, and you will get back some resources from the items as well
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds