Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(New Content Patch) Allies -- 1.3 announced ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
(New Content Patch) Allies -- 1.3 announced ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HeavensAgent
05.07.2012 , 04:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Moutlael View Post
Fiscal years can start anywhere throughout the calendar year. Any 12 Month period. Not ALWAYS 1 APR-31Mar.
OK, granted. That said April is traditionally the start of the fiscal year for most companies, and considered the standard as a result. I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I've never looked into it to be honest.

Muskaan
05.07.2012 , 04:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirwhiteknight View Post
Actually Fiscal Year starts whenever the heck you want it to start, not necessarily April 1.
Just an FYI for you - I'm not sure what their statement was hoping to accomplish either

Edit: Ninja'd by Moutlael
You' re absolutely right.

However, EA's Fiscal year actually begins in April. The official EA investor's report confirms this as well.

(We had a long, long, long thread about EA's fiscal year back when we were speculating SWTOR's release date.)
50 Sorc Healer/DPS
- We Brake For Nobody - (RIP)
Empire US-West PvE soon-to-be defunct raiding guild
(5/5 Eternity Vault HM, 5/5 Karagga's Palace HM)

HeavensAgent
05.07.2012 , 04:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
any clues as to when 1.3 will hit the PTS?
Before mid-June, I imagine.

Muskaan
05.07.2012 , 04:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
OK, granted. That said April is traditionally the start of the fiscal year for most companies, and considered the standard as a result. I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I've never looked int it to be honest.
Tax Reasons.
50 Sorc Healer/DPS
- We Brake For Nobody - (RIP)
Empire US-West PvE soon-to-be defunct raiding guild
(5/5 Eternity Vault HM, 5/5 Karagga's Palace HM)

HeavensAgent
05.07.2012 , 04:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Muskaan View Post
Tax Reasons.
That sounds about right. I'd been overlooking the obvious.

GnatB
05.07.2012 , 04:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
A content pack is an update. The first was already pushed live. The second, 1.3, is planned to make it to the live servers by the end of the first quarter, by the end of June.
Actually, 1.3 would be the third. Rise of the Rakghouls (1.1) was the first, Legacy (1.2) was the second. 1.3 would be the third.

HeavensAgent
05.07.2012 , 04:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Actually, 1.3 would be the third. Rise of the Rakghouls (1.1) was the first, Legacy (1.2) was the second. 1.3 would be the third.
Rise of the Rakghouls was not part of the fiscal year's first quarter, though.

SuperBoogly
05.07.2012 , 04:30 PM | #28
Maybe instead of cross realm/server LFG tools they'll just let us group with all of our companions at the same time, I mean to me they feel more like "allies" the the players do
My Imperial Agent saves his trusty sidearm for those annoying cut-scene NPCs only!

Enderet
05.07.2012 , 04:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperBoogly View Post
Maybe instead of cross realm/server LFG tools they'll just let us group with all of our companions at the same time, I mean to me they feel more like "allies" the the players do
1.3 doesnt have cross server LFG tools. Itll first be a LFG tool within your server.

HeavensAgent
05.07.2012 , 04:36 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperBoogly View Post
Multiple companions is not possible as part of an update coming in the current fiscal quarter. It would require the entire game be balanced for varying player power curves. As such it's likely not possible at all, but definitely not by July.